Subject: Entity Relationships Like real world entities, your persistent objects won't usually work alone.

From: Levine Claud <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 20:39:37 -0600

Word Is Out, Big News Monday!

Score One Inc.
SREA
$0.20 UP 33.3%

This week's news has already been pushing SREA up. Word is out a BIG
news release is expected Monday! Keep your eyes open and get on SREA
Monday!

Most processes share several resources.

Information about these variables is available via the vars subcommands.

The owning side determines how and when updates affect the relationship.
You may make assertions about which variables are supposed to be
protected by a lock and which locks are supposed to be held whenever a
function is called.
You can model these entity relationships within the persistence API.

cshrc source the file in your current working directory, since others
may want to run LockLint on those same files, and they may not use the
same shell you do.

For example, to exit LockLint when using the C shell, use the command
exit.

LockLint Overview In the multithreading model, a process consists of one
or more threads of control that share a common address space and most
other process resources. LockLint User Interface There are two ways for
you to interact with LockLint: source code annotations and the
command-line interface. Get The Aquarium RSS Feed. This means that the
operation needs to grab a lock for each of the resources before
performing the operation.

Check that LockLint has the right idea about which functions are roots.
The API uses the term entity to define classes that it will map to a
relational database.

Post-analysis Queries After analysis, you can use LockLint subcommands
for:  Finding additional locking inconsistencies. You will use the
entity name in queries.

It is extremely important for a meaningful analysis that LockLint have
the correct call graph for the code to be analyzed.
Threads must acquire and release locks associated with the data they
share. Date The next code sample defines a Player class. Failure to use
the same, or asserted, mutex lock for all waits on a particular
condition variable.

You can find each of these relationships in the baseball player and team
examples shown in this article.

In the Player example, you will use the name Player in your queries. You
can use and manage POJOs.
The simplest case of deadlock occurs when two threads hold locks for
different resources and each thread tries to acquire the lock for the
resource held by the other thread. The defaults are  nothing surprising
since they are practically identical to the names  you use in the
application code itself. covers, asserts that a given lock protects
another lock; this is used for hierarchical locking schemes. It
specifies that the value of an entity might be changed or referenced by
means other than Fortran. Restore LockLint to the state it was in before
the analysis and rerun the analysis as necessary.

The LockLint database for each source file is stored in a separate file.
When the errors from the analyze subcommand are gone, check for
variables that are not properly protected by any lock.

Glen Smith is reporting why and how HTTP Compression Support and much
improved virtual domains made the difference for him. You can model
these entity relationships within the persistence API. The owning side
determines how and when updates affect the relationship.
Use the annotation Transient for marking transient properties.

Post-analysis Queries After analysis, you can use LockLint subcommands
for:  Finding additional locking inconsistencies. The declare subcommand
can be used to add new possible assignments to the function pointer.