Subject: Re: [Ieprep] Re: some 9/11 stats

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 12:43:21 -0800

ECN has some interesting attributes here. SYN and SYN-ACK packets are 
marked to say "in the event of congestion, drop these", while data packets 
are set to mark...

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep

---

From: Sean Donelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 16:30:11 -0500 (EST)

> marked to say "in the event of congestion, drop these", while data packets

Usually I want to do admission control away from the point of congestion.
No sense in carrying SYN packets across my backbone just to drop them at
the last hop.  Although this may seem like a DDOS topic, network traffic
during a public crisis does resemble a DDOS.

The problem with admission control is it blocks the people with the
badges too.