Subject: RE: [Ieprep] Preemption

From: "Gunn, Janet NE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 08:17:40 -0500

Replying to just this one point.

There is a mechanism called eMLPP (extended MLPP) which is part of the GSM
(mobile telephony) standard.  Like MLPP it includes the options for both
pre-emption and priority.  It is my understanding that it is currently in
use in some private (railway company) mobile networks in Europe.  And it is
quite possible that a service provider could/would offer it as a commercial
feature on the (non US) public mobile network.  If it is implemented in the
US (in the public network), it will almost certainly be without the
pre-emption feature.

-----Original Message-----
From: senthil ayyasamy [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 2:42 AM
To: Fred Baker; Beard, Cory
Cc: Henning Schulzrinne; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Ieprep] Preemption

Are there
possibilities for extensions to MLPP to cover more
than one domain?

- Senthil