Subject: [Ieprep] 53rd IETF - Internet Emergency Preparedness

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:20:36 -0800

The agenda for IEPREP is as follows. We have two hours, and need to cut to 
the chase.

10 minutes: overview and agenda bashing
15 minutes: Kimberly King, GETS Overview
20 minutes: Ken Carlberg, Framework for IEPREP Telephony
15 minutes: James Polk: Ongoing MLPP discussions in SIP
60 minutes: discussion and assignment of tasks

These three presentations are primarily designed to make sure we are all on 
the same page. Kimberly's talk is to ensure we understand the key points of 
the service we are interacting with on the telephone system side. Ken's 
talk is to discuss issues in one draft which I believe represents a working 
group outcome. James will discuss separate but related work in SIP that we 
need to be cognizant of.

Hal Folts has also asked for some time to present his white paper, but 
frankly I think attendees can read it (and the other posted drafts), and 
that the concepts were presented and discussed in the BOFs. It seems better 
to me to focus on the task at hand. Please do read them; the documents 
present a useful overview.

Per our charter, we have two deliverables; we can also produce other 
documents if they don't conflict with getting these out. The two documents 
are:

    Best Current Practice:
         IETF Recommendations for the Emergency Telecommunications Service 
using
         existing protocols - what can be done with existing protocols and what
         can not be done.

    Informational:
         Requirements for Internet Emergency Preparedness in the Internet.
         Framework for Supporting Internet Emergency Preparedness in IP 
Telephony.

I expect Ken Carlberg's draft to become the "Framework" document, and we 
may also choose to publish Brown's Security draft. As to the other two 
posted drafts, text from them may fit into the above, or they may become 
the above; exactly what needs to be written and who is to write it are 
among the major decisions before the house.

Posted drafts are:
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-baker-ieprep-requirements-00.txt 

    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-brown-ieprep-sec-00.txt 

    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-carlberg-ieprep-framework-00.txt
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-folts-ieprep-white-paper-00.txt

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep

---

From: "Folts, Harold" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 03:59:03 -0500

Fred,

Of course participants can read the white paper ID as it has been discussed
in the past. However the current ID is a revised version from
draft-folts-ieps-white-paper-00.txt. Anyway, will this ID be the basis for
the Information "requirements for ieprep"? If so, I would be interested in
view of what ajdustments might be necessary?

Hal

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Baker
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: Scott_Bradner
Sent: 3/11/02 7:20 PM
Subject: [Ieprep] 53rd IETF - Internet Emergency Preparedness

The agenda for IEPREP is as follows. We have two hours, and need to cut
to 
the chase.

These three presentations are primarily designed to make sure we are all
on 
the same page. Kimberly's talk is to ensure we understand the key points
of 
the service we are interacting with on the telephone system side. Ken's 
talk is to discuss issues in one draft which I believe represents a
working 
group outcome. James will discuss separate but related work in SIP that
we 
need to be cognizant of.

that the concepts were presented and discussed in the BOFs. It seems
better 
to me to focus on the task at hand. Please do read them; the documents 
present a useful overview.

Per our charter, we have two deliverables; we can also produce other 
documents if they don't conflict with getting these out. The two
documents 
are:

    Best Current Practice:
         IETF Recommendations for the Emergency Telecommunications
Service 
using
         existing protocols - what can be done with existing protocols
and what
         can not be done.

    Informational:
         Requirements for Internet Emergency Preparedness in the
Internet.
         Framework for Supporting Internet Emergency Preparedness in IP 
Telephony.

Posted drafts are:
 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-baker-ieprep-requirements-00.t
xt 

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-carlberg-ieprep-framework-00.t
xt
 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-folts-ieprep-white-paper-00.tx
t

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 11:04:18 -0800

At 12:59 AM 3/12/2002, Folts, Harold wrote:
>Anyway, will this ID be the basis for
>the Information "requirements for ieprep"?

we need to discuss that. I don't know that it will or it won't.