Subject: RE: [Ieprep] Preemption

From: "Choi, Don" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:00:33 -0500

Fred and Cory,

I agree with you that how a network supports preferential treatments for
high priority calls should be up to the service provider and its customers.
We should not specify or exclude any specific mechanisms.

Don 

>IMHO we just should take no position about preemption in the framework 
>document.

I personally agree, if you're talking about call pre-emption. The framework 
should indicate that there will be policies applied in various networks, 
and that the exact structure of the policy is a matter of service offering 
and contract between the network provider and its customers. Pre-emption or 
lack of it is a policy which would be applied in a specific network, and on 
this list there has been discussion both of a network that does use it and 
a network that doesn't use it.

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep