Subject: [Ieprep] We have been asked to review these drafts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 09:04:53 -0800 (PST)

Per our illustrious Area Director,speaking in "sipping", we need to
come up with requirements that drafts of this type would address.  The
requirements should not be of the form "someone has decided that this
should be done in their private network", but rather "there is a strong
technical need for this to be done in any IP network, for specific
reasons demonstrated by user practice or simulation results."

  "SMTP Service Extension for Priority", J. Onions, G. Lunt, 05/30/2001, 
  <draft-onions-priority-smtpext-00.txt> 

  "SIP Communications Resource Priority Header", H. Schulzrinne, James 
  Polk, 01/08/2002, <draft-polk-sip-resource-01.txt> 

  "RTP Header Extension for Communications Resource Priority", James Polk, 
  11/19/2001, <draft-polk-avt-rtpext-res-pri-00.txt> 

  "SIP Communications Resource Priority Header", H. Schulzrinne, James 
  Polk, 03/06/2002, <draft-polk-sipping-resource-01.txt> 

  "Providing Emergency Call Services for SIP-based Internet Telephony", H. 
  Schulzrinne, 03/29/2001, <draft-schulzrinne-sip-911-01.txt> 

Fred

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:27:03 -0600

>  Polk, 01/08/2002, <draft-polk-sip-resource-01.txt> 

This ID is no longer valid - as it's been renamed to the one two below here

>  Schulzrinne, 03/29/2001, <draft-schulzrinne-sip-911-01.txt> 

I didn't think we were grouping 911-like services and ETS/GETS-like
services..... this is a change in philosophy I'd ask for some reasoning behind

>Fred

*************************************
"People generally demand more respect for their own rights than they are
willing to allow for others"

James M. Polk
Consulting Engineer
Office of the CTO

Cisco Systems
2200 East President George Bush Turnpike 
Richardson, TX  75082 USA
w) 972.813.5208
f)  972.813.5280
www.cisco.com