Subject: [Ieprep] concluded WG

From: senthil ayyasamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 08:59:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,
The list of concluded working groups includes
*emergency information infrastructure*
(http://ietf.org/html.charters/OLD/eii-charter.html).
It was chaired by Art Botterell and concluded in
January 1997.  Did the group produce any documents? I
am curious to know about the technology employed in
1994-1997 to find a solution for emergencies.

Thanks in advance,
Senthil

=====
Ayyasamy Senthilkumar
M.S.(Computer Networking)
UMKC,MO.
-----------------------------
An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.
--Niels Bohr.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy Awards®
http://movies.yahoo.com/

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:10:57 -0800

At 08:59 AM 3/25/2002, senthil ayyasamy wrote:
>The list of concluded working groups includes *emergency information 
>infrastructure* (http://ietf.org/html.charters/OLD/eii-charter.html). It 
>was chaired by Art Botterell and concluded in January 1997.  Did the group 
>produce any documents? I am curious to know about the technology employed 
>in 1994-1997 to find a solution for emergencies.

I suspect that this related to the development of Computer Emergency 
Response Teams, or CERTs. I have sent a note to Steve Coya asking for the 
history.

Unfortunately, the character string "Botterell" doesn't show up in any 
currently posted RFC. I did a search for "Emergency", and came up with 66 
RFCs, 19 of which comment on CERTs, and the rest of which use the term as a 
label in a general sense. I don't see anything directly related to the work 
of this working group.

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:46:36 -0500

http://www.incident.com/about.html

---

From: senthil ayyasamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:56:51 -0800 (PST)

> directly related to the work 
  Even the proceedings doesnt show any occurence.
-Senthil

=====
Ayyasamy Senthilkumar

---

From: Sean Donelan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:07:49 -0500 (EST)

> label in a general sense. I don't see anything directly related to the work

Art is still active in other areas.  I believe he is currently trying
to define an XML scheme for exchanging messages between emergency
management agencies.

There are 50-60 different groups doing something containing the words
"emergency" and "internet" around the world.