Subject: Re: [Ieprep] a little homily

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 12:10:25 -0500 (EST)

> I would much rather error on the side of having an unused tool in the box, 
>  than finding I needed a tool I didn't have in the event of a disaster. 
> The stakes inthis exercise are just too big to allow such a failure.

without some understanding of problems what tools are worth spending time
on?  blowing our resources on a tool that winds up not being useful is
just the type of failure you worry about if it means that we do not
have the resources to develop the tools that would be useful.

Scott

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep

---

From: Dean Bogdanovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 20:52:05 -0500

Reading this discussion in the last week on several issues on this
list, I have to agree with Scott. Usually in situations of emergency,
communication is critical and availability is reduced. If we do not
develop optimal solution (it does not have to be the techincaly best,
compromises will be needed), tools can fail in the situations when
people are expecting them to work. In order to find that solution, lot
of time and energy will be spent, so lets try to gather information
from the past events and use that experience in best way and not to
waste resources.

--br

Dean