Subject: [Ieprep] new individual draft submission

From: Ken Carlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:49:30 +0100

Hello,

An individual contribution titled "Requirements for Authorized Emergency
Communications Using Elastic Service" has been submitted to the I-D
editor.  Its an attempt to come up with some requirements that can be
applied to elastic traffic/applications.

and BEFORE anyone hits the panic button :-)....please read the following
abstract for the portion of you that don't have the time to read all the 
drafts that get produced.

The draft itself has some incomplete sections that can be either expanded
or taken out.  It would be great to have area experts/implementors 
participate -- we did this with the SMTP section and took a lessons-learned
approach from an attempt last year to consider adding a priority field
in SMTP.

for those that do have time to read, and while waiting for the draft
to perculate through the repositories, one can obtain a version from:

http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/k.carlberg/tmp/draft-carlberg-ieprep-elastic-
requirements-00.txt

-ken

-----------------------------------------------------

Abstract

   The objective of this draft is to present a set of requirements to
   address requests by users of authorized emergency communications for
   better than best effort service for elastic service.  We stress the
   word "request" versus guarantee, and we do NOT advocate broad
   sweeping changes to elastic applications.  This document provides
   background information on emergency communications and presents
   suggested do's and don'ts in addressing the issue of requirements
   for elastic services.  Finally, examples of requirements for specific
   applications are presented.

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep