Subject: [Ieprep] draft-berg-ieprep-sip-isup-gap-analysis-00

From: "Gunn, Janet NE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 17:54:56 -0400

For some reason, I didn't get an automatic (official) announcement of this,
so you may not have either.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Emergency Preparedness Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title		: ISUP<>SIP Gap Analysis for IEPREP
	Author(s)	: Dennis Berg
	Filename	: draft-berg-ieprep-sip-isup-gap-analysis-00
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 27-Jun-02

This document begins a gap analysis of SIP-ISUP mapping from the 
perspective of ieprep.  Draft-ietf-sipping-isup-02 does not address
mapping/translation for two ISUP IAM parameters of specific interest to 
ieprep: the mandatory Calling Party's Category and the optional
Precedence parameters.  On the assumption that both of these parameters
should be mapped/translated in SIP-ISUP interworking, this ID begins
with the proposal for a new SIP Resource-Priority header in work in
progress in ieprep.  Several variations on the proposed new header
are formulated and assessed for use in mapping/translating the two IAM 
parameters. The ID concludes that either a single header with namespace 
differentiation of instances or two distinct headers would meet the needs 
of ieprep.  It is recommended that this choice be made and reflected into 
draft-ietf-sipping-isup-02.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-berg-ieprep-sip-isup-gap-analysis-
00.txt

Janet

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep