Subject: RE: [Ieprep] draft-ietf-ieprep-requirements-00.txt

From: "Beard, Cory" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:50:49 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Gunn, Janet NE [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 1:58 PM
>
> My point was more that the possibility  of virus attacks makes the
> assumption that "the core is overprovisioned and will never be short
of
> bandwidth for emergency services" a bit less sure.
> 

Janet,

My challenge to you or Stu is to prepare a design criteria by which
overprovisioning would be *acceptable*.  It is another issue to see if a
service provider could actually provision to that level (which you
doubt).

How about this (as Ran said) - the sum of all access rates is less than
the rate of the core link?  Maybe the core also has to be fully
connected, so no merging of bulk traffic streams occurs in the core?

Cory

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep