Subject: RE: [Ieprep] draft-ietf-ieprep-requirements-00.txt

From: "Beard, Cory" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:50:04 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: RJ Atkinson [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 8:01 AM
>
> I think it is fine to have some example solutions, in separate
documents.
> I object pretty strongly to the standard mandating a particular
mechanism
> because network designs and circumstances vary so widely.

It would be fine with me to have examples in separate documents.  That
is really up to the chair how many documents he wants to produce.

But if two documents are produced that really need to be read together
to be understood, then would it not be better to have them merged?
Maybe we could restructure the document to have an examples section that
is completely separate from the requirements sections.

Hal felt the examples should be removed from the main text.  I believe
the examples serve to clarify what the requirement is saying and
illustrate some of the options available in meeting the requirement.

Cory

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep