Subject: [Ieprep] New Internet Drafts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:54:20 EST

To:

This is a corrected copy with the right hyperlinks to the 3 drafts:

I have submitted the following 3 drafts: 

Requirements for Assured Service Capabilities in Voice over IP 
Architecture for Assured Service Capabilities in Voice over IP 
Examples for Provision of Preferential Treatment in Voice over IP 

These are revisions of previous drafts submitted to SIPPING. Since their 
initial submission, the discussion related to the subjects rasied in these 
drafts has moved to IEPREP. 

While these mostly deal with "Assured Service", or the intended service to 
replace "MLPP" in the military network, I believe that many of the concepts 
discussed are common with "Authorized Emergency" calls which IEPREP has been 
focusing on. In fact, "MLPP" in a military network is simply another form of 
"authorized emergency" priority calls. 

Please note that these drafts are jointly authored by myself (of "Artel") and 
Don Choi, of DISA, the agency responsible for establishment of standards and 
policies for the US Defense Network. 

These drafts can be found at: 

<A HREF="http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pierce-ieprep-assured-service-req-00.txt">http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pierce-ieprep-assured-service-req-00

.txt</A>
<A HREF="http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pierce-ieprep-assured-service-arch-00.txt">http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pierce-ieprep-assured-service-arch-0

0.txt
</A><A HREF="http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pierce-ieprep-pref-treat-examples-00.txt">http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pierce-ieprep-pref-treat-examples-00

.txt</A> 

Mike Pierce 
Artel