Subject: [Ieprep] a message from teh ITU

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:14:05 -0500 (EST)

INTERNATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATION UNION	COM 16  LS 23
TELECOMMUNICATION STANDARDIZATION SECTOR
STUDY PERIOD 2001-2004	

Original: English
Question(s):	I/16	Geneva, 15-25 October 2002
Source:	ITU-T Study Group 16
Title:	New Question on Use of Public Telecommunication Services for
	Emergency and Disaster Relief Operations
LIAISON STATEMENT

To:	ITU-T Study Groups 2, 3, 4, 9, 11, 12, 13, 15, 17, SSG; ITU-R;
	ITU-D; ETSI OCG EMTEL Ad Hoc, Project TIPHON, Partnership Project MESA,
	Partnership Project 3GPP, TC SPAN; IETF ieprep WG; United Nations
	Working Group on Emergency Telecommunications
Approval:	Study Group 16 Plenary 25 October 2002
For:		Information/Comment
Deadline:	None
Contact:	Hal Folts
National 	Communications System
USA		Tel: +1 703 607-6186
Fax: 		+1 703 607-4830
Email: 		[email-masked]

Your liaison statements are greatly appreciated in response to our liaison
statement of 15 February on new work addressing telecommunications
capabilities for emergency and disaster operations.  The proposed Question,
Q.ets/16, has now been approved and is identified as Q.I/16. A copy of the
approved text for the Question is available at
http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/studygroups/com16/sg16-qi.html. The question has
been structured to identify overall requirements, identify the needed
telecommunication capabilities, and develop a system framework. Recognizing
that there is considerable related work being addressed in many Study
Groups and other organizations, close cooperation and liaison
(coordination) among the many activities is essential to ensure consistency
and completeness in provisioning effective telecommunication capabilities
to support emergency and disaster operations. Q.I/16 is intended to
facilitate this process.

Many of the responses received provided information about the work underway
in the many activities. These have been compiled and developed into a
"living" table that will continue to be updated as new information emerges. 

The table can be viewed at:
http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/studygroups/com16/ets/live-list.html 
Please continue to provide information about your specific work on this
important subject and your progress in developing revised and new
Recommendations and standards.

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep