Subject: [Ieprep] draft-polk-dhcp-loc-insertion-00.txt

From: "Cullen Jennings" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 23:45:54 -0700

Glad to see a draft like this. If Ieprep is the wrong list to post comments
on, please accept my apologies.

Few clarification:

What datum are you using (I suggest WGS 84) - keep in mind NAD 27 can differ
from WGS 84 by 200 meters - which is real big deal for E911.

UTM coordinates are widely used and include a built in way of describing the
accuracy of the measurement.  Perhaps they should be considered.

Is the ground floor 0 or 1? Same for NA and Europe?

In the Lat/Lon, what is the worst error if all the bits are used. Would be
sort of nice to know.

The fractional bits seem like they might need a bit more info to define how
they are computed.

Should you mention byte order issues?

Thanks, Cullen

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep