Subject: [Ieprep] Basic Requirements ID

From: "Folts, Harold" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:35:12 -0500

I have posted a revised version of the ieprep basic user requirements ID

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ieprep-requirements-01.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ieprep-requirements-01.txt> 

that serves as the base for more specific requirements documents in the IDs
that have been posted by Ken Carlberg and Ran Atkinson

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-carlberg-ets-general-00.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-carlberg-ets-general-00.txt> 

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-carlberg-ets-telephony-00.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-carlberg-ets-telephony-00.txt> 

There has been considerable discussion of the requirements document on the
list since the formation of the ieprep working group. In addition the 00
version of the ID was discussed in Yokohama and significantly edited with
the assistance of Fred Baker and Scott Bradner. Subsequent to Yokohama,
further work was done by Ken and Ran. This all has led to the 01 draft. In
discussion with Ken and Ran, the following structure of the ieprep
requirements series is outlined below.

(A) User-Requirements    (B) General-System-Requirements (Ken & Ran)
      -----------------        ---------------------------
        (Hal, Cory, Ken)          |       
                                  |       
                                  +--IP Telephony (Ken & Ran)
                                  |     Requirements
                                  |       |
                                  |       +--MLPP (TBD?)
                                  |
                                  +--Sensor Nets (TBD?)

              (C) Framework for ETS IP Telephony (Ken & Ian)
              (D) Best Common Practice (Fred?)

I believe that the many comments expressed on the list have been
accommodated and that the basic user requirements ID is now ready for
progressing as an Informational RFC. Please provide any comments and
indication of agreement/disagreement for this ID to be moved forward at
Atlanta.

Hal