Subject: [Ieprep] IEPREP SIP REQ-4

From: "Gunn, Janet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 15:44:03 -0400

"REQ-4: Usage of existing namespaces: Since there are a number of
             existing resource priority schemes for both the PSTN and
             private networks, it is likely that converged or VoIP
             networks will inherit these naming schemes."

This does not sound like an actual requirement. 

It would certainly be DESIRABLE for the naming conventions in a converged or
VOIP network to reflect the naming conventions in the circuit switched
network.  But not absolutely essential.
_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 15:53:29 -0400

This doesn't mean that the name has to be the same, but each existing 
priority scheme should be mappable one-to-one to a SIP-based scheme. 
Otherwise, you'll lose in the translation.

I'll try to reword.