Subject: [Ieprep] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ieprep-requirements-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 06:27:14 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Emergency Preparedness Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Requirements for Emergency Telecommunication  
                          Capabilities in the Internet
	Author(s)	: H. Folts, C. Beard, K. Carlberg
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ieprep-requirements-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 2002-10-25
	
This document outlines user requirements for IP-based networks to 
enable and support an authorized emergency telecommunications service 
(ETS)for use by authorities to organize and coordinate emergency and 
disaster relief operations.  It provides a basis from which ETS can 
be negotiated to provide user-acceptable communications.  The 
requirements in this document relate to user expectation and are 
general, functional, and intended to provide wide latitude in 
implementation options.  This document also provides in-depth 
background on the state of emergency telecommunication capabilities 
as they exist today and the motivation for supporting these in IP 
networks.  Specific system requirements involving end-to-end and 
network issues are presented in [2].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ieprep-requirements-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ieprep-requirements-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ieprep-requirements-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.