Subject: [Ieprep] Fwd: [CAP] CAP input demo / update

From: Rex Buddenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 12:34:21 -0700

No, this isn't VoIP and SIP so tune it out if that's where your head is.  But 
it is emergency services use of the Internet.

----------  Forwarded Message  ----------

Subject: [CAP] CAP input demo / update
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 12:02:47 -0700
From: Art Botterell <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

[sorry if this is a duplicate... having a bit of trouble with the
listserver today!]

Friends -

As you know, we're demonstrating some applications of the current
draft alert message format in Northern Virginia, under the auspices
of the ComCARE Alliance.  As part of that demo we've posted an input
form, with a "pop-up" graphic tool for drawing affected-area
polygons, that renders an alert message and passes it off to various
processors.

Please feel free to play with it for the next few days... after that
we'll need to restrict it to actual demo use, at least for awhile.
The input tool is at
<http://www.incident.com/cap/svdemo/svdemo.html>... it works best on
Internet Explorer on Windows.

If you fill out the form and submit it, you'll see the XML format
message returned to you.  (The message also gets routed to several of
our partners, so be considerate of what you write!)  This demo is
based on the current (version 0.5a) working draft of the alert
message format.

As for ongoing work on the message format itself... we're still
waiting for the final report from the Partnership for Public
Warning's workshop in Emmitsburg last June... but I've spoken with
some folks who've seen review copies and it doesn't sound like
there'll be anything too terribly revolutionary in it.

And we still hope to launch a more formal standards-track process
under PPW auspices.  If that comes to pass, it'll provide an improved
mechanism for processing the feedback from the workshop and some
other ideas and comments that have been accumulating.  Otherwise
we'll just have to move ahead with such resources as we can muster.

Stand by for news...

- Art

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"cap-list" is an email list for discussion about ideas and requirements
for a Common Alerting Protocol.  It is not to be used for product
announcements, advertising or advocacy.  To join the list, send email to
"[email-masked]" with the word "subscribe" in the
message body.  To unsubscribe, send mail to the same address with a
body text of "unsubscribe".

For more information about the Common Alerting Protocol, visit
<http://www.incident.com/cap/>.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------

-- 
b
_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep