Subject: RE: [Ieprep] IEPREP SIP REQ-2

From: "Gunn, Janet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 17:33:52 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Henning Schulzrinne [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 5:17 PM
To: Gunn, Janet
Cc: King, Kimberly S.; Ieprep (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [Ieprep] IEPREP SIP REQ-2

However, even if the scheme differs, the sending side should simply find 
out about the schemes, rather the deduce them indirectly. ("Destination 
network uses bit twiddling foo, so I need to use namespace bar" would 
not be good.)

Generally speaking, there is currently no way for the sending system to 
find out whether the gateway terminates in analog circuits, ISUP, bush 
drums, radio circuits or smoke signals. ("Add additional oily rags for 
high-priority calls.")

[JPG] How does this relate to Req 14?

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 20:14:19 -0400

> [JPG] How does this relate to Req 14?

REQ-14 is a consequence of what I said, namely that the originator 
should be able to discover capabilities, but not use any knowledge about 
network characteristics to infer such capabilities.