Subject: RE: [Ieprep] NSIS

From: "Nguyen, An" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:13:48 -0500

>NSIS is specifically looking at the edge-to-edge deployment issue.

I read the NSIS framework in which, I thought, Section 3.2.3 includes
End-to-End, Edge-to-Edge, and End-to-Edge. Correct me if my interpretation
on the document is wrong. 

Regards,

An

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:24:37 -0500

I believe your interpretation is correct. One has to be somewhat careful 
with the definitions, as 'edge' is sometimes taken to refer to the 
originator of a resource request and sometimes as the target of such 
request (i.e., the edge router that processes the request).

Note that end-to-end does *not* mean that every router or every network 
supports NSIS capabilities.

It simply means that the NSIS request originates at the end system 
sending user data rather than at some proxy (in the generic sense, not 
the SIP sense).