Subject: Re: [Ieprep] Re: draft-ietf-ieprep-requirements-01

From: Ken Carlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 09:38:24 +0000

>    > It would be more constructive if you could provide technical points
>    > of discussion.
>
> Peter and I tried that at the last meeting, and nobody wanted to talk
> about technology.  Instead, we get this document, which consists largely
> of statements of the form "The PSTN makes toast!" and "We _like_ toast!"
> and "The Internet SHOULD make toast!" and "Salespeople SHOULD tell us that
> the Internet makes toast!"

again.  I shall simply ask that you provide technical points of
discussion.  if you wish to go in another direction, please send me 
private email.  or, you can speak to me in private in the hallsways 
as i did for nearly an hour with Peter at Yokohama.

>    > at the Yokohama meeting, there was basically no contentious arguements
>    > expressed about the version -00 draft
>
> Very generous of you to characterize Peter and myself as uncontentious.
> Or perhaps you're just forgetting that you ignored everything we said.

i generally try to be quite precise when i send email.  When Hal Folts
spoke on the draft-ietf-ieprep-requirements-00 draft, there were no 
contentious arguements - read the minutes, or ask others who attended.  

there were indeed quite a number of contentious comments when others had
spoken, but my original comment above did not refer to those drafts or
presentations.

> I would really welcome _any little tidbit of technical anything_ that
> could be debated.  As it is, the document is just a bunch of
> long-winded platitudes about the PSTN and about sales practices.  Not much
> for an engineer to debate.

noted.  i guess we'll move on.

-ken

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep