Subject: RE: FW: [Re: [Ieprep] ieprep-requirements-01 - reqs 6-10 - discussion request]

From: "King, Kimberly S." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 07:30:39 -0500

>a more conservative 
>statement of your mission which is actually achievable, and is similarly >
orthoganal to traffic prioritization.

http://www.ncs.gov/ncs/html/EO12472.htm 

and

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/10/20011016-12.html

"Sec. 11. National Communications System. Changes in technology are causing
the convergence of much of telephony, data relay, and internet
communications networks into an interconnected network of networks. The NCS
and its National Coordinating Center shall support use of telephony,
converged information, voice networks, and next generation networks for
emergency preparedness and national security communications functions
assigned to them in Executive Order 12472. All authorities and assignments
of responsibilities to departments and agencies in that order, including the
role of the Manager of NCS, remain unchanged except as explicitly modified
by this order. " 

offers insight into the mission of the NCS.

Kimberly
_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep

---

From: Bill Woodcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 09:01:22 -0800 (PST)

> role of the Manager of NCS, remain unchanged except as explicitly modified

See, that's not nearly so bad as you guys were making it out to be.
Doesn't say one word about NCS being responsible for fixing the world's
problems, or eliminating backhoes, or anything even remotely similar.

And it's completely feasible.  I knew nobody with any political sense
would have let themselves get signed up for the responsibilities you guys
were claiming to have been stuck with.  See?  The world's not so bad.

                                -Bill