Subject: [Ieprep] Looking for governmental feedback as well

From: "Carl Ford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 16:29:19 -0600

Bill Woodcock replied
> On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Carl Ford wrote:
>     > 1 ISPs should be chosen that are not utilizing the same methodology 
of transport.
>     > 2) Internal Intranets that support multiple connection points to ISPs
> 
> Yes, those are current best-practices, and widely followed.

I am not sure this is accurate for government contracting.  I would love to 
hear from a GSA person.  My sense is that more often than not they may base 
things on geographic issues only.

Kind Regards,

Carl
_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep

---

From: Bill Woodcock <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 05:44:21 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Carl Ford wrote:
    > I am not sure this is accurate for government contracting.

Yes, sorry, I shouldn't have made such a generalization.  I guess it would
be more accurate to say that there's a relatively widespread understanding
that these are desirable purchasing criteria, and that they guide the
purchasing decisions of many of the larger and better-informed buyers of
Internet services.  But they're not _majority_ practices, since the
_majority_ of sites aren't multi-homed in the first place, only larger
ones are.

                                -Bill