Subject: [Ieprep] NSIS

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 10:14:44 -0500

[My previous message apparently lacked clarity. Let me try again...]

- Instead of worrying about speculating what may or may not get deployed 
in what networks by whom and when (which is, at best, an RFP issue, not 
an IETF issue), let's make sure that emerging, IEPREP-relevant protocols 
have the necessary functionality.

- NSIS seems related to IEPREP and is in the requirements phase.

- IEPREP (or individuals) may want to look at the NSIS requirements 
document and provide input from an IEPREP perspective.

To add more technical content: for NSIS and similar resource control 
protocols, granting resources to a designated group of individuals is 
actually probably somewhat easier than the usual "random roaming 
consumer wants services, but who knows whether his credit card number is 
stolen and whether we can collect". In some cases, one could imagine a 
mode that does not require an on-line AAA mechanism at all, removing one 
of the failure modes and scaling limitations.

NSIS is specifically looking at the edge-to-edge deployment issue.

Henning

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep