Subject: Re: [Ieprep] WG last call for IEPREP Topology Scenarios

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 18:56:34 EST

Comments:

The table of contents identifies the scenarios with letters A-D, while the 
actual sections do not. Is it the intention to use these letters?

2.1 delete reference to "sessions", since the CSN knows nothing about this. 
If this was addressing SIP specifically in the core, the reference to 
"session" could be moved to later in the same sentence in relation to the 
mention of the core, for example: "... initiates (dials) a call to another 
CSN phone with a session being established through an IP core between the two 
CSNs."

2.2 The statement about "One key espect ..." concerning prioritization should 
apply to all four scenarios. This becomes one of the important discussion 
points for all four scenarios (beginning with "is it needed?").

Mike Pierce
Artel

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 14:19:54 -0600

> actual sections do not. Is it the intention to use these letters? 

Good catch, I thought I removed all the Letter (A,B,C,D) references

> CSN phone with a session being established through an IP core between the two

I think I'll remove the word "sessions" from the sentence

> points for all four scenarios (beginning with "is it needed?"). 

The intent here is to directly address a list concern/discussion regarding
whether or not the IP portion (at the GW) of this Topology is ETS aware, and
whether there was one or two authentication mechanisms used (with the latter
likely requiring different user behavior if they are on an IP phone vs. a CSN
phone).

Should the paragraph after Figure 2 be removed (and likely included within the
Topology Implications ID that's coming)?

> Artel 

cheers,
James 

              *************************************
"People generally demand more respect for their own rights than 
                         they are willing to allow for others"

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep