Subject: [Ieprep] Web-based logistics software planned for Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies

From: "King, Kimberly S." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 11:13:17 -0500

FYI: Example Internet use in support of emergency relief operations

"A Fritz Institute team of logistics and software experts is at work at the
Federation Secretariat in Geneva to tailor the software, which will enable
the organization and its 178 member Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies to
provide unparalleled support to emergency relief operations anywhere in the
world.

"What we are getting is the very latest in logistics technology, a Web-based
system that will take our current processes and connect all steps of the
logistics chain, from the launch of an emergency appeal through procurement,
donations, warehousing and distribution to disaster victims," said Didier
Cherpitel, Federation secretary general."

more at http://www.ifrc.org/docs/news/02/052301/ and 
http://www.fritzinstitute.org/index.html
_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep