Subject: Re: [Ieprep] Accounting

From: RJ Atkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 15:36:59 -0500

On Saturday, Nov 30, 2002, at 09:45 America/Montreal, Ken Carlberg 
wrote:
> one thing I can probably do in the draft-carlberg-ets-telephony-00.txt
> draft is take a rough inverse of your statement and state that
> the ability to perform accounting must not be precluded.

	That seems quite reasonable to me.

	And I checked with some ISP folks in Japan. They have no requirement
for accounting as part of their *deployed* IEprep service.  In fact,
they claim that their *deployed* IEprep service is identical (*no 
changes*)
to their deployed regular commercial IP service.

	Its fascinating that the several countries with a deployed IEprep 
service
"require" so little, but the country with the big paid staff and zero 
IEprep
deployment "requires" so much.

	Sigh.

Ran
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep