Subject: [Ieprep] Iowa Emergency Management Division--Internet Use

From: "King, Kimberly S." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 10:53:54 -0500

1) How does your organization use the Internet during emergency situations
or for emergency recovery?  

The internet is used during emergency situations
to obtain weather information; river flood stages; monitor CNN, NBC and
other major news websites.  The internet is also used for relaying
information from the field to the emergency operations center.

2) Is there a way that the Internet fails to meet your needs in these
 situations?  Will you describe the symptoms of the problem?  

No (problems)

3) Do you envision using Voice over IP applications in such situations?
(For example, Microsoft NetMeeting can support audio conversations between
people like a traditional telephone call except using their computers with
microphones and speakers)  

Not aware of any plans for this use at this time.

4) Have you already tried such voice applications over the Internet to aid
emergency recovery?  

No			

5) In other words, how would you like to use the Internet during an
emergency or how do you think it could be of assistance?  

At this time, the internet is serving the purposes we use for it during
disaster
response/recovery.  As new uses become available, we are constantly looking
at ways to use new technology.
_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep