Subject: [Ieprep] ieprep drafts

From: Ken Carlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:35:43 +0000

hi,

as you will have seen in your morning email box, there are three new
versions of IEPREP drafts: 2 requirements, and 1 framework.

version -01 of the Requirements drafts are very similar to -00.  a
couple of minor clarifications were added in response to some email
from Kimberly.  I'd like to ask for final round of discussion on
these drafts for those on the list that may have any new concerns.
my hope is that we have reached rough consensus and a measure of
comprise on previous discussions.  if there are no new issues, then
with luck we can request a last call on the Requirements drafts.

as for the Framework draft, a number of changes have been made. the
highlights include:

 1. changing the title of the document from IEPS to ETS based
    telephony, since other documents (and the general discussion)
    has gravitated to the term ETS
 2. replaced the phrase "functional requirements" with the term
    "protocol and capabilities".  as those of you who are on the
    IEPREP mailing list have seen, the word "requirement" incurs a
    fair amount of indigestion with some folks :-)...so i've changed 
    the phrase, and pretty much removed the word requirement from the
    draft
 3. added pointers to the recent Requirements documents that have been
    accepted as working group items by the Chairs.  I've also added a
    pointer to Polk's topology draft and Henning's SIP Requirements 
    draft (there is no RFC number assigned yet, so I'll update the draft 
    accordingly at a later date).
 4. I've removed suggested augmentations to TRIP and the SIP R-P
    header draft of Polk.  Allyson Mankin was concerned it looked too
    much like a solution.

cheers,

-ken
_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep