Subject: RE: [Ieprep] draft-polk-ieprep-flow-model-considerations-00.txt

From: "Gunn, Janet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 18:56:08 -0500

A few (mostly editorial) comments.

pg 2 (grammar nit) out-of-band signaling.  It should be "different from the
data path" rather than "different than the data path".  Also it should be
"port numbers ... are different"  rather than "is different."

It is a little bit confusing that on pg 3 you use Magaco and H.234 as
examples, but then on page 5 you say they are "not categorized".

The text in 3.0 looks as if it belongs in 3.1.

Like Kimberly, I was confused by the categorization of FTP.  Because the
diagram for 3.3 shows the signaling path going through an "intermediate
server", it really looks as if you are saying FTP goes through an
intermediate server.  Maybe you need two diagrams in section 3.3.  Or maybe
you need separate sections for "Out-of-Band Signaling via a Server", and
Out-of-Band Signaling with Direct Connections."

While it can't be exhaustive, I would like to see a few more protocols
categorized, or otherwise referenced.  For instance, I assume that RSVP and
Diffserve are protocols that could be APPLIED to the data or signaling path,
not protocols to be categorized.  But it would be nice to say that
explicitly.  You list POP3, but not SMTP.  You list http but not https.
What about SNMP (not that I can immediately come up with a reason ETS would
need to use SNMP)?

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep