Subject: RE: [Ieprep] not an ad but maybe useful background info

From: "King, Kimberly S." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 15:16:14 -0500

Steve,

>So much for privacy in the USA.  If emergency workers can access this,
>so can anyone else
>with an interest.  Sounds great for assisting identity theft.

I understand your concerns.

It seems any technology with the potential for great good also has the
potential for grave misuse.  It's always a matter of managing risks and
using solid engineering to "increase the probability" that the good
outweighs the bad.  

Kimberly
_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep

---

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 15:18:29 -0500 (EST)

> It's always a matter of managing risks and

it helps to use logic as well - what emergency use can there be for 
SSNs? - if there is no compelling use why should they be exposed to
emergency workers (or whoever runs of with the emergency worker's PDA)?

Scott