Subject: [Ieprep] Telephony Framework document and Megaco Priorities

From: "Gunn, Janet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:23:56 -0400

The Telephony  Framework document says (about MEGACO):

    "The protocol does not specify individual values for priority.  We
   also do not recommend the definition of a well known value for the
   MEGAGO priority.  Any values set should be a function of any SLAs
   that have been established regarding the handling of emergency
   traffic.  In addition, given that priority values denote precedence
   (according to the Megaco protocol), then by default the ETS telephony
   data flows should probably receive the same priority as other non-
   emergency calls.  This approach follows the objective of not relying
   on preemption as the default treatment of emergency-related."

But the Megaco document (3525) says

"The priority is used for a Context in order to provide the MG with
information about a certain precedence handling for a Context."

Nothing about preemption.

Therefore it seems to me that "denoting precedence" is exactly what we DO
want to do in the ETS/TDR context.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------
This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in
delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind
CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written
agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail
for such purpose.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep