Subject: [Ieprep] Telephony Framework document and Megaco Priorities

From: Ken Carlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 13:56:59 +0100

> The Telephony  Framework document says (about MEGACO):
>
>    "The protocol does not specify individual values for priority.  We
>   also do not recommend the definition of a well known value for the
>   MEGAGO priority.  Any values set should be a function of any SLAs
>   that have been established regarding the handling of emergency
>   traffic.  In addition, given that priority values denote precedence
>   (according to the Megaco protocol), then by default the ETS telephony
>   data flows should probably receive the same priority as other non-
>   emergency calls.  This approach follows the objective of not relying
>   on preemption as the default treatment of emergency-related."
>
> But the Megaco document (3525) says
>
> "The priority is used for a Context in order to provide the MG with
> information about a certain precedence handling for a Context."
>
> Nothing about preemption.
>
> Therefore it seems to me that "denoting precedence" is exactly what we
> DO want to do in the ETS/TDR context.

ok, i'll reword/cut-down the last two sentences of the original passage
so as not to directly associate preemption with precedence.  also using
the term ETS may be a bit too general and encompassing in this
particular case.

-ken

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep