Subject: [Ieprep] draft-ietf-ieprep-framework-08.txt

From: "Ken Carlberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 08:13:58 -0500

From: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 16:21:19 -0500
Subject: [Ieprep] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ieprep-framework-08.txt
Sender: [email-masked]
Errors-To: [email-masked]
X-BeenThere: [email-masked]
X-Mailman-Version: 2.0.12
Precedence: bulk
List-Unsubscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep>,
	<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Id: Internet Emergency Preparedness Working Group <ieprep.ietf.org>
List-Post: <mailto:[email-masked]>
List-Help: <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep>,
	<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe>
This latest version includes changes based on private comments from Ran
Atkinson (primarily in the area of security), and Yakov Shafranovich.
My understanding is that ieprep chairs will soon announce a working
group last call on the draft with the hope of putting this puppy to
rest.

Cheers,

-ken

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Emergency Preparedness Working
Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Framework for Supporting IEPS in IP Telephony
	Author(s)	: K. Carlberg, I. Brown, C. Beard
	Filename	: 
	Pages		: 27
	Date		: 2004-2-9
	
This document presents a framework for supporting authorized
emergency related communication within the context of IP telephony.
We present a series of objectives that reflect a general view of how
authorized emergency service, in line with the Emergency
Telecommunications Service (ETS), should be realized within today's
IP architecture and service models.  From these objectives, we
present a corresponding set of protocols and capabilities, which
provide a more specific set of recommendations regarding existing
IETF protocols.  Finally, we present two scenarios that act as
guiding models for the objectives and functions listed in this
document.  These, models, coupled with an example of an existing
service in the PSTN, contribute to a constrained solution space.

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep