Subject: [Ieprep] MILCOM 2006: Military Precedence & Preemption for the GIG

From: "Cole, Robert G." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 08:57:53 -0500

FYI, RGC
-----------------------------------

MILCOM 2006: Military Precedence & Preemption for the GIG

The U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) is refining the Precedence and
Preemption (P&P) requirements within the context of the packet IP-based
Global Information GRID (GIG).  These requirements extend the
traditional notion of P&P for Class of Service (CoS) for Command and
Control (C2) within the Defense Switched Network (DSN) and tactical
networks to the newly emerging all-IP network-based applications.  These
P&P capability requirements place numerous challenges to the all-IP GIG
that will simultaneously support Quality of Service (QoS).

This session at MILCOM 2006 invites papers, which investigate these
challenges and approaches to solutions.  All papers on topics related to
P&P in packet-based networks will be considered; but some example
specific areas of interest include preemption models for session and
non-session based traffic, methods for packet-based access control, per
hop behavior models, protocol issues associated with P&P
implementations, the role of middleboxes in various deployment
situations, implications for tactical networks, implementation and
deployment experiences in networks and the impact of P&P capabilities on
Information Assurance and Network Management.

Abstracts are due March 3, 2006 and first drafts of papers are due May
31, 2006.  This year's Milcom conference will be held October 23-25,
2006 in Washington D.C.  For more information on the conference, visit
http://www.milcom.org .

For questions related to the above session, please contact either Brian
Choi (DISA) +1.703.681.2637 or Robert Cole (JHU/APL) +1.443.778.6951.

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep