Subject: [Ieprep] Internet Draft for SMTP priorities

From: Michael Schmeing <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 09:27:28 +0200

Hello everybody,

I have just noticed that the new charta has been put online about a
month ago. Therefor I would like to know whether you are still
interested in adopting the Internet-Draft for SMTP Priorities
Jan-Wilhelm Brendecke and I have created.

If so, I would also like to know the procedures to get the I-D under
the control of the group.

Best regards,
Michael Schmeing
-- 
****************************************************
| Michael Schmeing       E-Mail:  [email-masked] |
| FGAN/FKIE              Tel: (+49) 228/9435 593   |
| Neuenahrer Strasse 20  Fax: (+49) 228/9435 685   |
| D-53343 Wachtberg, Germany                       |
****************************************************

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 10:29:48 -0700

I would think that there is interest. I have not read the draft yet;  
what is the moniker? Scott and Kimberley are in control of the charter.

---

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 18:03:23 -0700

It's draft-schmeing-smtp-priorities-04.txt.  I read it this
morning and thought it was a reasonable idea and emailed
the authors some comments.  

In that email, I forgot to point out the draft needs more
work around authorization.  Such as, what prevents me 
from using Priority=4 on all my messages, other than the 
wrath of my Postmaster?  This can be solved with some
existing techniques within one administrative domain but
gets harder-to-impossible across administrative domains.

A bigger issue, probably, is expertise:  IEPREP is in RAI, 
and SMTP is in applications area.

The people subscribed to [email-masked] may have a lot of
useful input to this document, as well.
<http://www.imc.org/ietf-smtp/index.html>

-d

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Fred Baker [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 10:30 AM
> To: Michael Schmeing
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Ieprep] Internet Draft for SMTP priorities
>