Subject: RE: [Ieprep] Preferential Services

From: "GOLDMAN, STUART O \(STUART\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:58:43 -0500

Fred,

When people think of "preferential services" often they may think of
silver, gold, & platinum services such as the airlines have where you
get preferential service by paying more, or doing more business with the
service provider. Do we need a term that better reminds us of the more
unique nature of the  "IEPREP" users in that they provide a service
during an emergency?

Stuart Goldman
Lucent Technologies
[email-masked]
602 493 8438

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Baker [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 10:54 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ieprep] Preferential Services

You know, I think one thing that trips this group up is in the title.  
The issue this Working Group is thinking about is not so much  
"Emergency use of the Internet", which is often about deploying a new  
network when the usual one has been smashed by a hurricane or an  
airplane crash, but "Precedence-related Services in the Internet".

Would it make sense, in this recharter, to call it "Preferential  
Services" or some such thing?

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep