Subject: [ietf-dkim] Duplicate Signatures in a distribution with same payload

From: Hector Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 19:01:56 -0400

Question:

What is the advice or comments regarding a list distribution and/or a 
multi-rcpt session where the payload (DATA) is the same and then when 
signing the routed messages, they all have the same signatures?

Depending on the processing speed, only when the t= seconds time 
changes does the signature (b=) change.

I guess the question is, is it important or preferred that every 
message signature
be signature unique?

Or the opposite, if the t= time was retained for all message, then 
very message signature will be the same.   Is there some validity that 
the single signature is correct, including time wise, given the fact 
the payload is 100% exact?

Just wondering how much time I should spent on what appears to be one 
of the final considerations for our new revision of DKIM implementation.

Thanks

-- 
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com
http://santronics.blogspot.com

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html