Subject: slim-down head to toe

From: Total Body Restart <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 12:48:21 -0800

Ietf-dkim-archive,

This is real talk, from real people. Not celebs that spend
all day in the spa and gym. 

The Doctors get it. On an episode that was on earlier they show how 
you can burn fat w/out omitting a single thing from your meals. 

Viewer Testimonials - http://www.fitnessinspirationmag.com/peppier/secondines/rob/fiber/legacy.htm
[Video Id / Ep523-aa]

If you love it, keep it on your plate and let your metabolism 
do all the work. 

[DoctorsTV]
[[Jan14 2015]]

Member RSS Feed - can alter your message settings - here - http://www.fitnessinspirationmag.com/waver/quadrupled/bodywork/goosy.php
84 Marsh, Zwolle 
LA 71486 - So here is my situation:
I will be graduating this April (I have never been eligible for FAFSA as a student).
My fiancee will be graduating in December of this year (she needs to take Summer and Fall courses). She attends a public university in Florida (and has gotten FAFSA every semester), and we will be living in Florida.
We are getting married the first week of May. Tagg announced this week the newest addition to its product line, the Tagg GPS Plus, which features an ambient temperature sensor that lets you know how many degrees it is in your pet's location.The company's patented TempSense Technology sends alerts to your smartphone if your pet's location reaches severe temperatures, one way or the other, helping keep the animal healthy.Tagg's signature technology is its GPS pet tracking, and the on-collar waterproof device employs advanced GPS and the nation's largest wireless network to let you know where your animal is around the clock.When a pet gets away from a pre-determined safe zone, it sends alerts by means of text messages, emails and push notifications.Another feature, found on previous versions of its tracker, is a fitness monitor that measures your pet's activity using a built-in accelerometer. It also allows you to establish goals for your pet and helps you and your pet reach them.Its Po
 werSave Technology increases the battery life by more than 20 percent, eliminating the need to charge it more than two or three times per month.It's possible to pre-order Tagg GPS Plus until November 23 for $89.95. You won't be charged until your order ships in March. After November 23, the price is expected to climb to the full retail price of $119.95.Tagg service costs $9.95 per month.Other wearable trackers for your pet that offer activity monitoring and GPS tracking include WhistleGPS ($129), which offers a feature that reminds you when to give your pet his medications.Hobbies & Personal ActivitiesPetsGPS tracking

By Rod Nickel(Reuters) - Avian influenza, known as bird flu, has killed thousands of turkeys and chickens on two farms in the province of British Columbia, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) said on Tuesday.The government agency said it has placed the farms under quarantine as it conducts tests over the coming days to determine the virus's precise subtype, and its pathogenicity, or severity.It has so far identified the virus type as H5, which has previously been reported in Canada, said Harpreet Kochhar, the CFIA's chief veterinary officerAvian flu is an infectious viral disease of birds. Most bird flu viruses do not infect humans, but some have caused serious infections in humans, according to the World Health Organization.Germany, the Netherlands and Britain reported cases last month of the highly pathogenic bird flu H5N8, which is similar to one that devastated poultry flocks in South Korea earlier this year, but has never been detected in humans.About half of 11,000 turke
 ys at a farm at Abbotsford, British Columbia, have already died from the disease, while 1,000 of 7,000 broiler chickens at a second farm near Chilliwack, British Columbia, have died, said Jane Pritchard, the West Coast province's chief veterinary officer. All of the remaining birds on the farms, which are eight kilometers (five miles) apart, will be killed.Kochhar said it is unclear how the virus infected the farms. He said he has notified U.S. authorities about the discovery.In 2014, Canada exported 145,000 tonnes of broiler meat and 25,000 tonnes of turkey meat, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.(Reporting by Rod Nickel in Winnipeg, Manitoba; Editing by Chris Reese; and Peter Galloway)Public HealthInfectious DiseasesAvian influenzaBritish ColumbiaBRUSSELS (AP) a A European Union court on Wednesday ordered the Palestinian group Hamas removed from the EU terrorist list for procedural reasons, but says the bloc can maintain asset freezes against Hamas members for now.Th
 e Islamic militant group, which calls for the destruction of Israel, hailed the decision. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu urged the EU to reverse it.Hamas was put on the EU terrorist list as part of broader measures to fight terrorism in the wake of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks. It won elections in 2006 and runs Gaza, and has long contested the classification.The EU court ruled Wednesday that the listing was based on press and Internet reports and not on "acts examined and confirmed in decisions of competent authorities."The court insisted that its ruling did not "imply any substantive assessment of the question of the classification of Hamas as a terrorist group." It therefore ruled that the asset freezes should stay in place for three months pending further EU actions.The EU is considering its next steps. It has two months to appeal.The terrorist list designation bars EU officials from dealing with the group, and requires that any of the group's funds in EU countries be fr
 ozen.The decision comes amid growing pressure from European legislators to recognize a Palestinian state, after years of stalemate in peace talks. There was also growing frustration in Europe with Israel's government after the Gaza war earlier this year.Salah Bardawil, a Hamas official in Gaza, called the decision a "strong, good shift" that he said would ultimately lead to European action against Israel.Netanyahu said Hamas is "a murderous terror organization" and called for Hamas to be immediately returned to the list.___Peter Enav in Jerusalem and Fares Akram in Gaza City, Gaza Strip, contributed to this report.Politics & GovernmentUnrest, Conflicts & WarPaulette Beete, NEA senior writer-editor, contributed this article as part of partnership between NEA and Live Science's Expert Voices: Op-Ed & Insights.Lisa Hoffman, a trained scientist, never expected to end up helping lead a center committed to art. A native New Yorker, she had always been interested in the natural world."I wa
 s always the person running and playing in the grass or staring at the clouds," she said.Armed with a bachelors degree in botany and a masters in microbiology, Hoffman moved to Charlotte where she became director of the Charlotte Nature Museum. During her tenure, the museum partnered with the nearby McColl Center for Arts + Innovation, a renowned arts center in the community, to invite artists interested in environmental work to partner with the museum to create functional pieces that tackled local environmental problems, such as polluted runoff.That cross-disciplinary project was a turning point for Hoffman. Not only did it expand her understanding of what art could be, it also nurtured her interest in community engagement. When McColl needed someone to direct its environmental and community engagement programs, Hoffman was a natural fit. As Hoffman explained in our interview, not only has her science career been a crucial part of her preparation for her arts work, but she's now co
 nfident about the benefits of "having an artist and a scientist together in the conversation just to say, 'What if?'"See a gallery of images from the McColl center efforts in "Artists Get Their Hands Dirty (Gallery)," and read more from Hoffman about what inspired her to fuse science and art in the interview with NEA below.View galleryMcColl Center for Art and Innovation environmental artist-in-residence Daniel McCormickas installatiA a|NEA: As a scientists, how did you become involved with art?Lisa Hoffman: When the McColl Center came to the Charlotte Nature Museum to talk about how we could partner on an art project, in my naivetA(c) I was looking for space on the wall to hang the art.They made clear it clear that they were working with a different kind of artist who was interested in doing a field installation to prevent pollutant runoff from draining into one of our major creeks here in Charlotte. And that initial partnership really shifted my thinking. I consider it a pretty se
 rious research inquiry, because it was a way of making an infrastructure improvement, created by an artist, with the potential to have an impact.Before that project, art to me was very object related. There was a huge gap in my knowledge. I don't have an art history background; I can't tell you about the modern art movement. I didn't really understand the role of contemporary art in our society. I also knew that art as a tool for teaching and education had promise, but I viewed it as more of a didactic activity a more informational based or something that was an add-on. [I didn't think of art] as a central integrating topic as to how we can educate kids or as a tool to motivate people to action. [Who Will Save Earth? The Ingenious Human Mind (Op-Ed )]Now I see art more as a participatory moment, analogous to how I see citizen science as a way to foster civic engagement through science. In this moment, science learning is much more hands-on. It's much more about time and space and te
 aching and learning. The experience is key to the learning.. It's dialogic. It's collaborative. The same exploratory experience that can happen in the lab that can happen in a science classroom, museum, or even out in your backyard, now this same phenomena is happening now in this moment with this new and next evolution of contemporary art practice.View galleryA visitor enjoys McColl Center environmental artist-in-residence Ruganzu Bruno's Playscape at itA a|NEA: How did training as a scientist prepare you to work in the arts?L.H.: I'm an out-of-the-box thinker. I always say I'm on the road of inquiry. So everything in my mind is always set up as a type of science experiment. I have this hypothesis a this is what IA think we can do a and then I have a very discrete way of going through and outlining how that's going to happen. I think coupled with the fact that I really enjoy working withA peopleA andA learning from people, and that I have a willingness toA experiment and take certa
 in risks, that just made it an easy transition from working in a museum and doing science in labs to now working at an artA center.A I very much look at this as another learning lab for me. I'm experimenting, taking what I call "measured risk," and hoping for some very clear outcomes,but thinking very deeply about those things. I've been fortunate having had some graduate training, having a master's degree, and knowing enough about science and how to prepare and organize work to be successful. I think that has really helped, because that same mindset is necessary when working with art and community: Be able to articulate not onlyA theA big picture, but also have a tactical approach toA getting there.NEA: Why is it valuable for scientists to work with artists?L.H.: It unlocks all the hidden potential. I always say artists are the canaries in the coal mine a they offer a unique perspective , a different lens. From my experience with the artists I've worked with, they're futuristic in 
 their thinking, but have an ability to really apply that thinking. They're very giving and generous with their knowledge, but they also embrace this idea of experimenting andA risk-taking and inquiry. I think if you have a scientist and an artist working together in that way, magic happens, because it's the same excitement, it's the same idea of coming together around a problem and co-constructingA solutions and co-creating knowledge around that problem. But then also having theA willingnessA and the ultimate goal to share those results, advance community, advance community knowledge, and come up with some really clear, applicable solutions. So it's a win-win situation and that transference of knowledge and that sharing of knowledge is where theA magicA lives and happens.View galleryLisa Hoffman assisting with a river cleanup project.NEA: Any advice for scientists who'd like to collaborate with artists?L.H.: My advice is get inA touchA with the arts organizations that are engaged in
  this level of work, that are interested in this inquiry. Scientists can partner not only with our educational institutions, but also with places like the McColl Center and other residency programs. [The McColl Center is] one of a few institutions that are doing more intentional work of engaging and supporting artists in non-artistic contexts. We are asking artists to address and investigate (to name a few) environmental, social justice, health and wellness themes a and the bigger issues that are plaguing society.I think it's just finding those organizations that are working in that realm and have a track record for working with artists who are doing the best work in these fields. I know there are others besides McColl out there that are seeking and looking to engage in this cross-disciplinary practice. [Another idea is to] partner with other institutions that embrace art innovation. You might have that in maybe your local hospital, maybe your local universities. It's just finding t
 he right places that are doing it with artistic excellence and merit and with some level of transparency.NEA: How are partnerships between the arts and science communities benefitting the community at large?L.H.: Every community has its unique set of challenges, goals, aspirations, things that they wish to accomplish. I think when you put artists and scientists together in that context, and they shareA values of co-constructing and co-creating knowledge and investigating issues with a solution as the end goal (even though they may not know what that solution looks like), I think it's just an incredible moment. I think it opens theA doorA to a myriad of opportunitiesA and potential outcomes. Sometimes when you're in theA tyrannyA of the moment, you can't always see what [the solution] could possibly be, but scientists and artists are pretty trained at looking for the unexpected. And I think that's a unique shared skill each brings to theA problem-solving experience.We're in a world c
 risis right now. There are someA veryA big political issues, there are some very big social issues, there are some very big economic issues that are really affecting us at a local level and global level. In order for us to get to the point where all humans are living together andA experiencingA the basic joys of life,A what life has to offer, it's going to take other people coming to the party and working together and joining the conversation in order to change the conversation to address some of these systemic issues.So it's not just environment, it's not just socialA justice, it's not just the laws that are affecting us. It'sA not just about war. When we thinkA about whoA we are, everything is connected and everything that we haveA might benefit from having an artist and a scientist together in the conversation just to say, "What if? What can we do if we tried this?"Thinking that there are certain fields or domains that are restricted to just artists, just scientists, just finance
  people, or just politicians is short-sighted. It's not about how you label yourself, it's just what you're willing to bring to the conversation and finding an entry point.Follow all of the Expert Voices issues and debates a and become part of the discussion a on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. The views expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of the publisher. This version of the article was originally published on Live Science.As Patients Create Art, They RecoverArt, Science & Philosophy Behind Photos of Oldest Living ThingsThe Western Martial Art of the Sword (Gallery)Copyright 2014 LiveScience, a TechMediaNetwork company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Visual ArtsHumanitiesLisa Hoffmancontemporary art

Meteorologists first conceived of seeding clouds as a way to increase rainfall in 1946, working at General Electric's laboratories in Schenectady, New York. But in the nearly 60 years since then, it has remained unclear whether human attempts to make it snow actually work.Now, the results of the most scientific study of cloud seeding done yet are in. Researchers found that seeding clouds with droplets of silver iodide does slightly increase precipitation, boosting levels by 5 to 15 percent. However, experts disagree about whether this small increase means cloud-seeding efforts should expand.In Western states, water providers, ski areas and power companies interested in hydroelectric generation have all injected silver iodide droplets into winter clouds for decades. In those areas, the winter snows that collect on mountain ranges provide upward of 70 percent of annual precipitation. The idea is that the droplets provide a nucleus within a cloud around which water can coalesce, forming
  snowflakes.A 2003 National Research Council report called "Critical Issues in Weather Modification Research" sharply criticized the core idea. Although human activities can clearly affect weather, "there is still no convincing scientific proof of the efficacy of intentional weather-modifications efforts," the committee wrote in the report. [Weirdo Weather: 7 Rare Weather Events]The problem, the report added, was "the absence of adequate understanding of critical atmospheric processes that, in turn, leads to a failure in producing predictable, detectable and verifiable results."Researchers in Wyoming accepted the challenge of finding such verifiable results. They conducted a $14 million randomized blind statistical experiment that was designed and evaluated by the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR). The primary laboratory consisted of two parallel mountain ranges, the Sierra Madre and Medicine Bow. During six winters, from 2008 into 2014, the researchers seeded storms t
 hat blew over both mountain ranges.During any particular storm, researchers seeded the clouds over one range, with the other range serving as the control. To be eligible for seeding, the storms had to bring mountaintop temperatures to lower than 17 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 8 degrees Celsius), and the clouds needed to have super-cooled liquid water. In less scientific terms, the storms had to be moist.Researchers had expected 60 to 70 storms each winter would meet these criteria. But far fewer that did, according to an executive summary of the report distributed Dec. 17 to the Wyoming Water Development Commission. Altogether, 118 storms were seeded and generated usable data.The results showed no significant increase in precipitation from storms that were seeded. A So, cloud seeding is a dud? The report said no. Lacking the desired number of storms needed for a better statistical analysis of precipitation, the researchers turned to measuring cloud seeding's effect on variable infiltr
 ation capacity, A which is a measure of snowmelt-driven streamflow. This modeling yielded a more optimistic takeaway of a 5- to 15-percent increase in precipitation, the researchers reported at the conference of the Colorado River Water Users Association on Dec. 18 in Las Vegas.But the real bottom line is that this is cheap water. NCAR estimated it would cost $35 to $107 per acre-feet of water in the North Platte River Basin if a 10 percent seeding effect affected 60 percent of the basin. Water in the basin has been marketed on a temporary basis forA  $30 and $75 per acre-foot. At the headwaters of the Colorado River, near Vail and Breckenridge, water is valued at up to $40,000 per acre-foot. A In water, as in real estate, location matters entirely.The results seem to have changed few minds. In listening to the findings, cloud-seeding supporters heard evidence that the method works, and those who were skeptical before remained skeptical."It confirms what we already thought," said Th
 omas Ryan, of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, a consortium that delivers drinking water to 19 million people. Cloud seeding is just one tool for getting more water to a population, but an inexpensive one, he said.Others also cited that low cost. Tom Buschatzke, assistant director for Arizona's Water Planning Division, said Wyoming's study may justify cloud seeding in the Gila River drainage in Arizona and New Mexico.But Brad Udall, from the Colorado Water Institute, said he was unimpressed. "It's in the modeling that they get these higher numbers of 10 to 15 percent," he said. "These statistics still aren't very good." Like the other observers, though, he conceded that cloud seeding is a low-risk venture, producing inexpensive water if it has even a small effect. But he said the technique was unlikely to make much difference except on the margins.Yet to be seen is whether the federal government jumps back into weather modification. The government funded a gre
 at deal of weather modification research and operations beginning in the 1950s, peaking in 1972 before budgets were slashed, a slide that continued into the 1980s. In 2005, the Bureau of Reclamation issued a letter announcing no funding was forthcoming for weather modification.But the bureau conducted a meeting of Western water stakeholders in Denver this November to "get our arms around what constitutes good science at this point," said Dan Raff, the bureau's science advisor.The meeting did not, he said, come in response to declining reservoirs on the Colorado River, but rather due to an "interest in having as much water supply as possible." However, the agency did invest $200,000 in seeding clouds in the Wind River Range of Wyoming. To the extent the seeding succeeds, Las Vegas, Phoenix and Los Angeles will benefit.Follow Live Science @livescience, Facebook& Google+. Originally published on Live Science.Fishy Rain to Fire Whirlwinds: The World's Weirdest WeatherPhotos: The World's
  Tallest MountainsIn Images: Extreme Weather Around the WorldCopyright 2014 LiveScience, a TechMediaNetwork company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Nature & EnvironmentNatural Phenomenacloud seedingWyomingWASHINGTON (AP) a Electronic cigarettes have surpassed traditional smoking in popularity among teens, the government's annual drug use survey finds.Even as tobacco smoking by teens dropped to new lows, use of e-cigarettes reached levels that surprised researchers. The findings marked the survey's first attempt to measure the use of e-cigarettes by people that young.Nearly 9 percent of eighth-graders said they'd used an e-cigarette in the previous month, while just 4 percent reported smoking a traditional cigarette, said the report released Tuesday by the National Institutes of Health.Use increased with age: Some 16 percent of 10th-graders had tried an e-cigarette in the past month, and 17 percent of high school seniors
 . Regular smoking continued inching down, to 7 percent of 10th-graders and 14 percent of 12th-graders."I worry that the tremendous progress that we've made over the last almost two decades in smoking could be reversed on us by the introduction of e-cigarettes," said University of Michigan professor Lloyd Johnston, who leads the annual Monitoring the Future survey of more than 41,000 students.E-cigarettes often are described as a less dangerous alternative for regular smokers who can't or don't want to kick the habit. The battery-powered devices produce vapor infused with potentially addictive nicotine but without the same chemicals and tar of tobacco cigarettes.View galleryFile- This June 12, 2013, file photo shows a person posing with an electronic cigarette, or e-cigareA a|The survey didn't ask about repeat use, or whether teens were just experimenting with something new. But between 4 percent and 7 percent of students who tried e-cigarettes said they'd never smoked a tobacco ciga
 rette, noted University of Michigan professor Richard Miech, a study senior investigator."They must think that e-cigarettes are fundamentally different," he said.E-cigarettes began to appear in the U.S. in 2006 but this was the first year that the Monitoring the Future survey asked teens about them. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has estimated that during 2013, 4.5 percent of high school students had tried e-cigarettes during the prior month, a tripling since 2011.The CDC reported last week that 10 states permit the sale of e-cigarettes to minors. The Food and Drug Administration has proposed regulating e-cigarettes, including banning sales to minors; there is no timetable for final rules.Other findings from the survey, funded by NIH's National Institute on Drug Abuse:aMarijuana use appeared to level off after recent increases, with 6.5 percent of eighth-graders reporting past-month use, 17 percent of 10th-graders and 21 percent of 12th-graders. Nearly 6 percent of 1
 2th-graders reported daily use.aFewer teens are trying synthetic marijuana, highly dangerous drugs known by such names as K2 and Spice. About 6 percent of seniors said they had used fake pot this year, down from 8 percent last year and 11 percent in 2012.aAbuse of prescription painkillers is dropping. Six percent of high school seniors reported using the narcotics without medical supervision in the past year, down from 9.5 percent in 2004.aNearly 1 in 5 12th-graders reported binge drinking, defined as five or more drinks in a row in the previous two weeks. That's down from 1 in 4 high school seniors in 2009.HealthAddiction & Substance AbuseElectronic cigarettes