Subject: Fantastic Specials on New Alaska Cruises: Now is THE Time

From: "Alaska Cruises" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2016 07:51:26 -0700

Now is the-Time to Take an Alaska-Cruise!

Sit back and enjoy the history AND the frontier ambience of the 49th-State!

Many people who are thinking about a cruise generally-overlook Alaska, but it

is one of the most gorgeous, breathtaking & memorable-cruises you can

ever-take.

See: Tranquil waterways, Massive glaciers, Towering Mountains,

countless miles of rainforest and Arctic-tundra.

If you have been considering a cruise, think about an Alaskan Cruise!

Go Here to See Ads for Alaska Cruises

scale, heli-flight with glacier landing and sled dog ride (several ports), and lots of things in between. To see the available options you should download the excursions options from the cruise line, go to the forums for each of the individual ports and read previous posts there as well as looking at the destination forum for each of the individual ports under the tab ???Things to do??? near the top of screen. You should also study the Top Questions on each forum which could contain the type of information you seek. When preferred options for each port are decided upon, please then post on the destination forum for further information if necessary. Please be aware that ship-booked excursion options are quite frequently able to be booked independently of the ship, and in most instances give a much more personal trip/experience with much smaller groups. In some cases they might also be slightly less expensive and of longer duration. It is sometimes mentioned if anything went wrong wi
th a private excursion the ship would sail without the passengers, but not so if booked through the ship. However, on Alaska cruises, no person has ever posted that this has happened to themselves or others to their knowledge, on either this forum, nor CruiseCritic to the knowledge of long time regular posters on either forum at the time of writing, and this is generally regarded as a scare tactic utilized by the cruise lines to ensure they get their cut. The local excursion operators are quite attuned to the ship schedules, and are very aware that their reputations depend upon meeting those schedules. Just be sure to mention to the vendor which ship you are on and what your port time is. If bear viewing is a priority then the month of the cruise would be very important as trips to most of the popular areas to not operate until the salmon start to run when bear activity would be an almost certainty. This usually commences sometime in July with some regions later than others, and al
so some regions where brown bear activity is common and others where black bear activity occurs. Most such trips involve a trip by small boat or flight by float plane. Entry to most of the popular bear viewing areas is controlled by permits issued by National Parks. POPULAR EXCURSIONS in the most common ports: Be aware, be very aware. If tempted to buy a ???genuine??? item from Alaska, and if bought from some of the many shops dockside from the cruise docks, it will be genuine as BOUGHT in Alaska, but that may probably be as far as it goes. If gold, it probably comes from Western Australia or South Africa, and is manufactured in China. The jewellery shops in port are generally promoted heavily on the cruises, and it is often mentioned on forums that these are owned or affiliated with the cruise lines although no proof of that has ever been presented. These traders move into the ports with the first of the cruise ships, and close down when the last one has left. They have driven ren
tal prices up in some ports for prime dockside locations to the extent that many local traders have been pushed back a street or two. When on the Alaska forum page, go to the search box near the top of the page and search ???jewellery??? and ???jewelry??? and read the results of each search. If looking for genuine Alaska goods you will need to seek some local advice as a simple internet search for the various ports will not easily deliver that information. Ketchikan in particular has some very good advisors here on TA for such questions. However, in general walk deeper into the port towns/cities, away from the main streets near the docks, and your search may be very rewarding. WEATHER CONDITIONS This question has already been anticipated and is the subject of a separate ???Top Question??? on the Alaska forum. PASSPORTS/VISAS Please note that NO reliance should be placed on information provided from a non-Government website for requirements related to passports and/or visas. ALWAYS c
heck from the official sources. Note also for the most popular excursions from Skagway entering into BC and the Yukon, and also leaving the ship when docked at Victoria BC, for U.S. cruisers in particular sailing from Seattle who are not passport holders, this aspect should be carefully considered as both BC (British Columbia) and the Yukon are in Canada. CLOTHING TO BRING This question has also already been anticipated and there is a ???Top Question??? for that on the Alaska forum as well. However, specific to cruises, most ships have formal nights in the dining room, but formal in Alaska does not require top hat and tails. Provided neat casual dress, not shorts or jeans, is worn, with men wearing a jacket, there should be no problem. If concerned by this then each ship has casual buffet arrangements which remain informal. When packing for a cruise to Alaska there is a lot of further informative advice here: To this should be added the standard advice: the key to Alaska is dressin
g in layers. You might need a jacket in the morning and short sleeves in the afternoon. Be sure to bring a waterproof (not just water resistant) jacket--don???t forget that

If you want-to-end these alaskaads.please go here.

1748 Olympic Ave
Westwood C.A. #9O221.