Subject: [Ietf-languages] Registration request: ivanchov

From: Iliya Bazlyankov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 20:33:29 +0200

LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

1. Name of requester: Iliya Bazlyankov
2. E-mail address of requester: iliya at dotsensei.com
3. Record Requested:

Type: variant
Subtag: ivanchov
Description: Bulgarian in 1899 orthography
Prefix: bg
Comments: The subtag represents Bulgarian orthography introduced by
Todor Ivanchov in 1899 and published most recently in 1939 as "Bulgarian
Language Grammar" by Prof. Stefan Mladenov and Stefan Popvasilev with a
reprint in 2012.

4. Intended meaning of the subtag:

The subtag represents Bulgarian orthography introduced by Todor Ivanchov in
1899 and published most recently in 1939 as "Bulgarian Language Grammar" by
Prof. Stefan Mladenov and Stefan Popvasilev with a reprint in 2012. The
subtag is not primarily intended for historical texts, but for the modern
use of this non-official orthography, also for existing software
localisations.

5. Reference to published description of the language (book or article):

Prof. Stefan Mladenov and Stefan Popvasilev. Bulgarian Language Grammar.
Publisher "Kazanlashka dolina", 1939.
Reprinted by publisher "Iztok-Zapad" in 2012 with ISBN 978-619-152-029-9

6. Any other relevant information:

Bulgarian in Ivanchov orthography was official until the Bulgarian language
reform of 1945. Today it is used mostly in Bulgarian-speaking Internet by
young people who prefer this variant. Currently, certain websites and
forums exist,
also some materials are being published, like grammar books, newspapers
"Macedonian Tribune" and "Prelom" and few poems and short stories.

---

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 12:16:21 -0700

I don't think the first 33 words of the Intended Meaning section need to 
be repeated in the Comments field. I think "Bulgarian orthography 
introduced by Todor Ivanchov in 1899" should be sufficient.

The goal of Comments is to provide enough information so users know what 
the subtag represents, and don't pick the wrong one. Registration forms 
are archived on the IANA site, so the additional bibliographic 
information will remain publicly available for those who want it.

Other than that, I think this request looks fine.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, US | ewellic.org