Subject: Re: [Ietf-languages] Registration request: ivanchov

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2017 15:21:20 -0700

Do we have agreement (from Iliya and others) on this wording for the
Comments field, and on the subtag generally?

The proposed record and revised registration form are below. This would
set the review period to end on December 12, 23:59 AoE.

---

LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION
File-Date: 2017-12-xx
%%
Type: variant
Subtag: ivanchov
Description: Bulgarian in 1899 orthography
Added: 2017-12-xx
Prefix: bg
Comments: Bulgarian orthography introduced by Todor Ivanchov in 1899
%%

---

LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

1. Name of requester: Iliya Bazlyankov
2. E-mail address of requester: iliya at dotsensei.com
3. Record Requested:

Type: variant
Subtag: ivanchov
Description: Bulgarian in 1899 orthography
Prefix: bg
Comments: Bulgarian orthography introduced by Todor Ivanchov in 1899

4. Intended meaning of the subtag:

The subtag represents Bulgarian orthography introduced by Todor Ivanchov
in 1899 and published most recently in 1939 as "Bulgarian Language
Grammar" by Prof. Stefan Mladenov and Stefan Popvasilev with a reprint
in 2012. The subtag is not primarily intended for historical texts, but
for the modern use of this non-official orthography, also for existing
software localisations.

5. Reference to published description of the language (book or article):

Prof. Stefan Mladenov and Stefan Popvasilev. Bulgarian Language Grammar.
Publisher "Kazanlashka dolina", 1939. Reprinted by publisher "Iztok-
Zapad" in 2012 with ISBN 978-619-152-029-9

6. Any other relevant information:

Bulgarian in Ivanchov orthography was official until the Bulgarian
language reform of 1945. Today it is used mostly in Bulgarian-speaking
Internet by young people who prefer this variant. Currently, certain
websites and forums exist, also some materials are being published, like
grammar books, newspapers "Macedonian Tribune" and "Prelom" and few
poems and short stories.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, US | ewellic.org

---

From: Iliya Bazlyankov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 05:39:26 +0200

I agree

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Iliya Bazlyankov

На 6.12.2017 г. 0:22 "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]> написа:

---

---

Type: variant
Subtag: ivanchov

_______________________________________________
Ietf-languages mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages