Subject: [Ietf-message-headers] provisional registration: Jabber-ID

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 20:21:24 -0600

In 2006 [1] and 2007 [2] I attempted to register the "Jabber-ID"
header field in the provisional registry. At that time, some folks
active in the IETF thought that it would be better to instead register
separate header fields for the 'im:' [3] and 'pres:' [4] URI schemes
defined in RFC 3860 and RFC 3859. However, because those schemes have
seen very little implementation and deployment, it seems appropriate
to finally register the Jabber-ID header field in the provisional
registry. Therefore I have just submitted draft-saintandre-jabberid-09
and I formally request review of the registration on this list in
accordance with RFC 3864. The completed submission template [5] follows.

   Header field name:  Jabber-ID
   Applicable protocol:  mail, netnews
   Status:  provisional
   Author/Change contoller  Peter Saint-Andre
      <mailto:[email-masked]>
   Specification document:  draft-saintandre-jabberid
   Related information:  See RFC 6120

Thanks for your attention,

Peter

[1]
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-message-headers/current/msg00008.html

[2]
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-message-headers/current/msg00043.html

[3] http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-saintandre-header-im-01.txt

[4] http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-saintandre-header-pres-01.txt

[5] In the I-D I mistakenly changed "draft-saintandre-jabberid" to
"RFC XXXX" but I have corrected that above and will do so in the next
version of the I-D.

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 20:29:05 -0600

Hmm, it's been so long since I looked into this issue that I didn't even
check the registry, but it seems that this header field was added long ago:

http://www.iana.org/assignments/message-headers/message-headers.xhtml#prov-headers

My apologies for the noise.

Peter

On 9/20/13 8:21 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Ietf-message-headers mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-message-headers
> 

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/