Subject: Open Issues

From: avri doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 12:45:16 +0100

The agenda contained an item called Open Issues.  The following is
the list of open issues I have.

1. Qualification for volunteering
2. Number of participants from a single group or company
3. Should there be a process for resolving challenges
    over volunteer selection
4. Mid term vacancy procedures

On 3 of these there has already been some discussion on the list
and a synopsis of that discussion has been sent to the list.  On
topic #3, I don't think there has been discussion yet.

If there are other open issues, please let the list know as
soon as possible.  If there are points of view not yet expressed
on these issues, please contribute those points of view to the list.
And, of course, if the synopses are not complete or correct,
please comment to the list.

If anyone wishes to present a recommended text change on any
of these issues at the meeting, please let me know and I will
add you to the schedule.  Otherwise, an amount of time for open
mike conversation on each issue will be allowed.

Please note:  It is my goal to have a new version of the draft
prepared shortly after the meeting with all issues resolved.
This document could then be sent to WG last call.

Thanks
a.

PS.  No one has volunteered yet for the Jabber enabling scribe
task.  This is similar to the task of taking minutes, and in fact
the log from the Jabber session will make make a good basis for the
meeting minutes.

-- 
Avri Doria
http://www.sm.luth.se/~avri/

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 14:37:21 +0100

avri doria wrote:
...
> 3. Should there be a process for resolving challenges
...
>  On

Interesting can of worms. Why not settle it by a small
change in section 6 (Dispute Resolution Process):

>    The dispute resolution process described here is to be used as
>    indicated elsewhere in this document.  Its applicability in other
>    circumstances is beyond the scope of this document.

becomes

   The dispute resolution process described here is to be used as
   indicated elsewhere in this document, or otherwise as needed.

    Brian