Subject: Alternative (H2)

From: RJ Atkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 09:19:47 -0400

Trying to combine Harald's proposal, Jim's draft amendment, and 
Christian's
draft amendment, I come up with this.   It includes some wordsmithing
edits by me, not intended to change the meaning.

Would the folks who like (A2) be comfortable dropping that in favour
of this ?  I am comfortable either with (A2) or the (H2) below.

Is Harald OK with this ?

Other comments ?

Thanks,

Ran Atkinson
[email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Delete the existing text in section 4, and replace with this:

     4. The confirming body decides whether it confirms each candidate
        using a confirmation decision rule chosen by the confirming body.

        If a confirming body has no specific confirmation decision rule,
        then confirming a given candidate should require at least 
one-half
        of the Confirming Body's sitting members to agree to that
        confirmation.

        The decision may be made by conducting a formal vote, by 
asserting
        consensus based on informal exchanges (e.g. email), or by any
        other mechanism that is used to conduct the normal business
        of the confirming body.

        Regardless of which decision rule the confirming body uses, any
        candidate that is not confirmed under that rule must be rejected.

        The confirming body must make its decision within a reasonable
        timeframe.   The results from the confirming body must be 
reported
        promptly to the nominating committee.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------
To subscribe or unsubscribe from this elist use the subscription
manager: <http://lists.elistx.com/subscribe>