Subject: Question 2

From: RJ Atkinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 10:51:39 -0400

Since I haven't seen anyone indicate support for retaining
the current text as-is, I'll try to list all of the proposed
fixes that have had support from at least one person on the list.

I might have missed a proposal by accident, so the point of
this note is merely to gather corrections to the draft list
of proposed fixes (below).

Candidate Fixes:
----------------
- delete current text; no replacement text.
- delete current text; add text explicitly saying that confirming
	bodies set their own rules for confirmation process.
- Ran's option (A)
- Ran's option (B)
	{I am possibly confused, but I think (B) is what Jim Galvin is saying.}
- Christian's option (E)
- Christian's option (F)
- StJohns' proposal to delete current text, add (A) but with his
	editorial change to (A) that it applies if and only if the confirming
	body has not created a specific confirmation process for itself
	to use with nominees from IETF Nomcom.

Does this list include all of the proposed candidate fixes ?

If it does not include your preferred fix, please post your
preferred fix to the list so it can get added to this list.

Thanks,

Ran Atkinson
[email-masked]