Subject: [ietf-nomcom] Publish draft-dawkins-nomcom-dont-wait?

From: Danny McPherson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 02:09:32 -0600

Spencer et al.,
I believe we should progress this draft as well, are
there any outstanding issues that need to be addressed?

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dawkins-nomcom-dont-wait-01.txt 

-danny

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 13:27:15 -0500

Hi, Danny,

After listening to the audio and reviewing the minutes from IETF 74 plenary, 
I believe that the changes required are to make it clear that at the past 
chair's request, the secretariat can issue the solicitation of volunteers, 
and can perform other start-up tasks which in the chair's opinion are only 
administrative in nature.

Sam expressed a hope that we would take more seriously the NomCom 
responsibility to consider the positions under review before issuing an 
announcement of open positions - that happens before the NomCom is even 
formed, so there's not a time for the NomCom membership to ask questions. 
I'll add a note about this (so we don't forget it), but I'm hoping that we 
defer this topic into a more general consideration of the NomCom process 
(including roles of liaisons, eligibility criteria, etc).

After looking at the draft, I'm also thinking that I should be using 
"Incoming NomCom Chair" and "Outgoing NomCom Chair" terminology in this 
draft, to prevent confusion about who can request what, at any moment in 
time. I'm assuming that the NomCom Chair continues to serve as NomCom Chair 
until a replacement is selected, and then begins to serve as Past NomCom 
Chair. I'll try to include that, unless people object.

Does anyone think I'm missing something?

Thanks,

Spencer

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 15:21:37 -0500

I started with this one (sorry, but it's shorter ;-).

Could you let me know if it looks ready to submit?

Thanks,

Spencer