Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml
From: moore at cs.utk.edu (Keith Moore)
Date: Tue Jan 3 16:22:31 2006

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

this is still grossly insufficient.  

why, as a user, should I trust this kind of content to be evaluated on 
my computers?

From: [email-masked] (Keith Moore)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 13:14:25 -0500
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:45:57 GMT." <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

this is still grossly insufficient.  

why, as a user, should I trust this kind of content to be evaluated on 
my computers?

From: lee.atkinson at broadshow.com (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: dan at dankohn.com (Dan Kohn)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <000001c187e2$2636aa80$6005a8c0@dantecra9000>

If the content in your media type will always be well-formed xml, you
should call it application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml as
specified in RFC 3023.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.txt

          - dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:[email-masked]>
<http://www.dankohn.com/>  <tel:+1-650-327-2600>
Essays announced on <mailto:[email-masked]>

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lee
Atkinson
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 01:11
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Registration of MIME media type
application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels
(either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of
this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not
specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to
the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Ietf-types mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-types

From: [email-masked] (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:45:57 -0000
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Dan Kohn)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 08:36:29 -0800
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <000001c187e2$2636aa80$6005a8c0@dantecra9000>

If the content in your media type will always be well-formed xml, you
should call it application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml as
specified in RFC 3023.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.txt

          - dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:[email-masked]>
<http://www.dankohn.com/>  <tel:+1-650-327-2600>
Essays announced on <mailto:[email-masked]>

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lee
Atkinson
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 01:11
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Registration of MIME media type
application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels
(either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of
this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not
specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to
the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Ietf-types mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-types

From: lee.atkinson at broadshow.com (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: moore at cs.utk.edu (Keith Moore)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer 
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:11:08 GMT." <[email-masked]> 
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN)

if the file contains sensitive information that should not be exposed
to eavesdroppers, you need to say this, and you also need to say something
about what the consequences of such exposure might be.

also, if presenting/using/evaluating the file on a user's computer presents
any security or privacy risks to the user (for instance, if it exposes
personal information or information from the user's disk files), you need 
to say this also.  

From: leonb at pcleon.research.att.com (Leon Bottou)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

-------------- next part --------------
Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

From: leonb at pcleon.research.att.com (Leon Bottou)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

-------------- next part --------------
Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

From: [email-masked] (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 16:00:19 -0000
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Keith Moore)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:51:44 -0500
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:11:08 GMT." <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN)

if the file contains sensitive information that should not be exposed
to eavesdroppers, you need to say this, and you also need to say something
about what the consequences of such exposure might be.

also, if presenting/using/evaluating the file on a user's computer presents
any security or privacy risks to the user (for instance, if it exposes
personal information or information from the user's disk files), you need 
to say this also.  

From: [email-masked] (Leon Bottou)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:04:42 -0500
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1";
  name="mime.registration.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="mime.registration.txt"

Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W--

From: [email-masked] (Leon Bottou)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:04:42 -0500
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1";
  name="mime.registration.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="mime.registration.txt"

Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W--

From: lee.atkinson at broadshow.com (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:11:08 -0000
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: moore at cs.utk.edu (Keith Moore)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml 
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:45:57 GMT." <[email-masked]> 
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

this is still grossly insufficient.  

why, as a user, should I trust this kind of content to be evaluated on 
my computers?

From: [email-masked] (Keith Moore)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 13:14:25 -0500
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:45:57 GMT." <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

this is still grossly insufficient.  

why, as a user, should I trust this kind of content to be evaluated on 
my computers?

From: lee.atkinson at broadshow.com (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: dan at dankohn.com (Dan Kohn)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <000001c187e2$2636aa80$6005a8c0@dantecra9000>

If the content in your media type will always be well-formed xml, you
should call it application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml as
specified in RFC 3023.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.txt

          - dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:[email-masked]>
<http://www.dankohn.com/>  <tel:+1-650-327-2600>
Essays announced on <mailto:[email-masked]>

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lee
Atkinson
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 01:11
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Registration of MIME media type
application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels
(either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of
this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not
specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to
the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Ietf-types mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-types

From: [email-masked] (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:45:57 -0000
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Dan Kohn)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 08:36:29 -0800
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <000001c187e2$2636aa80$6005a8c0@dantecra9000>

If the content in your media type will always be well-formed xml, you
should call it application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml as
specified in RFC 3023.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.txt

          - dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:[email-masked]>
<http://www.dankohn.com/>  <tel:+1-650-327-2600>
Essays announced on <mailto:[email-masked]>

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lee
Atkinson
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 01:11
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Registration of MIME media type
application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels
(either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of
this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not
specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to
the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Ietf-types mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-types

From: lee.atkinson at broadshow.com (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: moore at cs.utk.edu (Keith Moore)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer 
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:11:08 GMT." <[email-masked]> 
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN)

if the file contains sensitive information that should not be exposed
to eavesdroppers, you need to say this, and you also need to say something
about what the consequences of such exposure might be.

also, if presenting/using/evaluating the file on a user's computer presents
any security or privacy risks to the user (for instance, if it exposes
personal information or information from the user's disk files), you need 
to say this also.  

From: leonb at pcleon.research.att.com (Leon Bottou)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

-------------- next part --------------
Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

From: leonb at pcleon.research.att.com (Leon Bottou)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

-------------- next part --------------
Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

From: [email-masked] (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 16:00:19 -0000
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Keith Moore)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:51:44 -0500
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:11:08 GMT." <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN)

if the file contains sensitive information that should not be exposed
to eavesdroppers, you need to say this, and you also need to say something
about what the consequences of such exposure might be.

also, if presenting/using/evaluating the file on a user's computer presents
any security or privacy risks to the user (for instance, if it exposes
personal information or information from the user's disk files), you need 
to say this also.  

From: [email-masked] (Leon Bottou)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:04:42 -0500
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1";
  name="mime.registration.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="mime.registration.txt"

Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W--

From: [email-masked] (Leon Bottou)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:04:42 -0500
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1";
  name="mime.registration.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="mime.registration.txt"

Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W--

From: lee.atkinson at broadshow.com (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:11:08 -0000
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: moore at cs.utk.edu (Keith Moore)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml 
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:45:57 GMT." <[email-masked]> 
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

this is still grossly insufficient.  

why, as a user, should I trust this kind of content to be evaluated on 
my computers?

From: [email-masked] (Keith Moore)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 13:14:25 -0500
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:45:57 GMT." <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

this is still grossly insufficient.  

why, as a user, should I trust this kind of content to be evaluated on 
my computers?

From: lee.atkinson at broadshow.com (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: dan at dankohn.com (Dan Kohn)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <000001c187e2$2636aa80$6005a8c0@dantecra9000>

If the content in your media type will always be well-formed xml, you
should call it application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml as
specified in RFC 3023.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.txt

          - dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:[email-masked]>
<http://www.dankohn.com/>  <tel:+1-650-327-2600>
Essays announced on <mailto:[email-masked]>

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lee
Atkinson
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 01:11
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Registration of MIME media type
application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels
(either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of
this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not
specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to
the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Ietf-types mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-types

From: [email-masked] (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:45:57 -0000
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Dan Kohn)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 08:36:29 -0800
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <000001c187e2$2636aa80$6005a8c0@dantecra9000>

If the content in your media type will always be well-formed xml, you
should call it application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml as
specified in RFC 3023.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.txt

          - dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:[email-masked]>
<http://www.dankohn.com/>  <tel:+1-650-327-2600>
Essays announced on <mailto:[email-masked]>

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lee
Atkinson
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 01:11
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Registration of MIME media type
application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels
(either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of
this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not
specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to
the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Ietf-types mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-types

From: lee.atkinson at broadshow.com (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: moore at cs.utk.edu (Keith Moore)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer 
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:11:08 GMT." <[email-masked]> 
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN)

if the file contains sensitive information that should not be exposed
to eavesdroppers, you need to say this, and you also need to say something
about what the consequences of such exposure might be.

also, if presenting/using/evaluating the file on a user's computer presents
any security or privacy risks to the user (for instance, if it exposes
personal information or information from the user's disk files), you need 
to say this also.  

From: leonb at pcleon.research.att.com (Leon Bottou)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

-------------- next part --------------
Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

From: leonb at pcleon.research.att.com (Leon Bottou)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

-------------- next part --------------
Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

From: [email-masked] (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 16:00:19 -0000
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Keith Moore)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:51:44 -0500
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:11:08 GMT." <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN)

if the file contains sensitive information that should not be exposed
to eavesdroppers, you need to say this, and you also need to say something
about what the consequences of such exposure might be.

also, if presenting/using/evaluating the file on a user's computer presents
any security or privacy risks to the user (for instance, if it exposes
personal information or information from the user's disk files), you need 
to say this also.  

From: [email-masked] (Leon Bottou)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:04:42 -0500
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1";
  name="mime.registration.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="mime.registration.txt"

Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W--

From: [email-masked] (Leon Bottou)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:04:42 -0500
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1";
  name="mime.registration.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="mime.registration.txt"

Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W--

From: lee.atkinson at broadshow.com (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:11:08 -0000
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: moore at cs.utk.edu (Keith Moore)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml 
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:45:57 GMT." <[email-masked]> 
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

this is still grossly insufficient.  

why, as a user, should I trust this kind of content to be evaluated on 
my computers?

From: lee.atkinson at broadshow.com (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: dan at dankohn.com (Dan Kohn)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <000001c187e2$2636aa80$6005a8c0@dantecra9000>

If the content in your media type will always be well-formed xml, you
should call it application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml as
specified in RFC 3023.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.txt

          - dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:[email-masked]>
<http://www.dankohn.com/>  <tel:+1-650-327-2600>
Essays announced on <mailto:[email-masked]>

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lee
Atkinson
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 01:11
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Registration of MIME media type
application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels
(either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of
this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not
specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to
the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Ietf-types mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-types

From: [email-masked] (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:45:57 -0000
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Dan Kohn)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 08:36:29 -0800
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <000001c187e2$2636aa80$6005a8c0@dantecra9000>

If the content in your media type will always be well-formed xml, you
should call it application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml as
specified in RFC 3023.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.txt

          - dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:[email-masked]>
<http://www.dankohn.com/>  <tel:+1-650-327-2600>
Essays announced on <mailto:[email-masked]>

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lee
Atkinson
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 01:11
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Registration of MIME media type
application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels
(either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of
this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not
specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to
the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Ietf-types mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-types

From: lee.atkinson at broadshow.com (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: moore at cs.utk.edu (Keith Moore)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer 
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:11:08 GMT." <[email-masked]> 
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN)

if the file contains sensitive information that should not be exposed
to eavesdroppers, you need to say this, and you also need to say something
about what the consequences of such exposure might be.

also, if presenting/using/evaluating the file on a user's computer presents
any security or privacy risks to the user (for instance, if it exposes
personal information or information from the user's disk files), you need 
to say this also.  

From: leonb at pcleon.research.att.com (Leon Bottou)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

-------------- next part --------------
Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

From: leonb at pcleon.research.att.com (Leon Bottou)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

-------------- next part --------------
Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

From: [email-masked] (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 16:00:19 -0000
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Keith Moore)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:51:44 -0500
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:11:08 GMT." <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN)

if the file contains sensitive information that should not be exposed
to eavesdroppers, you need to say this, and you also need to say something
about what the consequences of such exposure might be.

also, if presenting/using/evaluating the file on a user's computer presents
any security or privacy risks to the user (for instance, if it exposes
personal information or information from the user's disk files), you need 
to say this also.  

From: [email-masked] (Leon Bottou)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:04:42 -0500
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1";
  name="mime.registration.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="mime.registration.txt"

Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W--

From: [email-masked] (Leon Bottou)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:04:42 -0500
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1";
  name="mime.registration.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="mime.registration.txt"

Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W--

From: lee.atkinson at broadshow.com (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:11:08 -0000
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: moore at cs.utk.edu (Keith Moore)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml 
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:45:57 GMT." <[email-masked]> 
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

this is still grossly insufficient.  

why, as a user, should I trust this kind of content to be evaluated on 
my computers?

From: lee.atkinson at broadshow.com (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: dan at dankohn.com (Dan Kohn)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <000001c187e2$2636aa80$6005a8c0@dantecra9000>

If the content in your media type will always be well-formed xml, you
should call it application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml as
specified in RFC 3023.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.txt

          - dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:[email-masked]>
<http://www.dankohn.com/>  <tel:+1-650-327-2600>
Essays announced on <mailto:[email-masked]>

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lee
Atkinson
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 01:11
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Registration of MIME media type
application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels
(either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of
this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not
specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to
the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Ietf-types mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-types

From: [email-masked] (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:45:57 -0000
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Dan Kohn)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 08:36:29 -0800
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <000001c187e2$2636aa80$6005a8c0@dantecra9000>

If the content in your media type will always be well-formed xml, you
should call it application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml as
specified in RFC 3023.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.txt

          - dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:[email-masked]>
<http://www.dankohn.com/>  <tel:+1-650-327-2600>
Essays announced on <mailto:[email-masked]>

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lee
Atkinson
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 01:11
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Registration of MIME media type
application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels
(either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of
this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not
specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to
the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Ietf-types mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-types

From: lee.atkinson at broadshow.com (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: moore at cs.utk.edu (Keith Moore)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer 
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:11:08 GMT." <[email-masked]> 
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN)

if the file contains sensitive information that should not be exposed
to eavesdroppers, you need to say this, and you also need to say something
about what the consequences of such exposure might be.

also, if presenting/using/evaluating the file on a user's computer presents
any security or privacy risks to the user (for instance, if it exposes
personal information or information from the user's disk files), you need 
to say this also.  

From: leonb at pcleon.research.att.com (Leon Bottou)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

-------------- next part --------------
Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

From: leonb at pcleon.research.att.com (Leon Bottou)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

-------------- next part --------------
Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

From: [email-masked] (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 16:00:19 -0000
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Keith Moore)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:51:44 -0500
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:11:08 GMT." <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN)

if the file contains sensitive information that should not be exposed
to eavesdroppers, you need to say this, and you also need to say something
about what the consequences of such exposure might be.

also, if presenting/using/evaluating the file on a user's computer presents
any security or privacy risks to the user (for instance, if it exposes
personal information or information from the user's disk files), you need 
to say this also.  

From: [email-masked] (Leon Bottou)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:04:42 -0500
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1";
  name="mime.registration.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="mime.registration.txt"

Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W--

From: [email-masked] (Leon Bottou)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:04:42 -0500
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1";
  name="mime.registration.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="mime.registration.txt"

Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W--

From: lee.atkinson at broadshow.com (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:11:08 -0000
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: moore at cs.utk.edu (Keith Moore)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml 
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:45:57 GMT." <[email-masked]> 
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

this is still grossly insufficient.  

why, as a user, should I trust this kind of content to be evaluated on 
my computers?

From: [email-masked] (Keith Moore)
Date: Tue 18 Dec 2001 13:14:25 -0500
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:45:57 GMT." <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

this is still grossly insufficient.  

why, as a user, should I trust this kind of content to be evaluated on 
my computers?

From: lee.atkinson at broadshow.com (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: dan at dankohn.com (Dan Kohn)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <000001c187e2$2636aa80$6005a8c0@dantecra9000>

If the content in your media type will always be well-formed xml, you
should call it application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml as
specified in RFC 3023.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.txt

          - dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:[email-masked]>
<http://www.dankohn.com/>  <tel:+1-650-327-2600>
Essays announced on <mailto:[email-masked]>

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lee
Atkinson
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 01:11
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Registration of MIME media type
application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels
(either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of
this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not
specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to
the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Ietf-types mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-types

From: [email-masked] (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue 18 Dec 2001 16:45:57 -0000
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Dan Kohn)
Date: Tue 18 Dec 2001 08:36:29 -0800
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <000001c187e2$2636aa80$6005a8c0@dantecra9000>

If the content in your media type will always be well-formed xml, you
should call it application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml as
specified in RFC 3023.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.txt

          - dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:[email-masked]>
<http://www.dankohn.com/>  <tel:+1-650-327-2600>
Essays announced on <mailto:[email-masked]>

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lee
Atkinson
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 01:11
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Registration of MIME media type
application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels
(either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of
this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not
specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to
the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Ietf-types mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-types

From: lee.atkinson at broadshow.com (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: moore at cs.utk.edu (Keith Moore)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer 
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:11:08 GMT." <[email-masked]> 
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN)

if the file contains sensitive information that should not be exposed
to eavesdroppers, you need to say this, and you also need to say something
about what the consequences of such exposure might be.

also, if presenting/using/evaluating the file on a user's computer presents
any security or privacy risks to the user (for instance, if it exposes
personal information or information from the user's disk files), you need 
to say this also.  

From: leonb at pcleon.research.att.com (Leon Bottou)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

-------------- next part --------------
Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

From: leonb at pcleon.research.att.com (Leon Bottou)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

-------------- next part --------------
Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

From: [email-masked] (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Mon 17 Dec 2001 16:00:19 -0000
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Keith Moore)
Date: Mon 17 Dec 2001 10:51:44 -0500
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:11:08 GMT." <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN)

if the file contains sensitive information that should not be exposed
to eavesdroppers, you need to say this, and you also need to say something
about what the consequences of such exposure might be.

also, if presenting/using/evaluating the file on a user's computer presents
any security or privacy risks to the user (for instance, if it exposes
personal information or information from the user's disk files), you need 
to say this also.  

From: [email-masked] (Leon Bottou)
Date: Mon 17 Dec 2001 10:04:42 -0500
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1";
  name="mime.registration.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="mime.registration.txt"

Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W--

From: [email-masked] (Leon Bottou)
Date: Mon 17 Dec 2001 10:04:42 -0500
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1";
  name="mime.registration.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="mime.registration.txt"

Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W--

From: lee.atkinson at broadshow.com (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Mon 17 Dec 2001 09:11:08 -0000
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Keith Moore)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 13:14:25 -0500
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:45:57 GMT." <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

this is still grossly insufficient.  

why, as a user, should I trust this kind of content to be evaluated on 
my computers?

From: [email-masked] (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:45:57 -0000
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Dan Kohn)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 08:36:29 -0800
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <000001c187e2$2636aa80$6005a8c0@dantecra9000>

If the content in your media type will always be well-formed xml, you
should call it application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml as
specified in RFC 3023.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.txt

          - dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:[email-masked]>
<http://www.dankohn.com/>  <tel:+1-650-327-2600>
Essays announced on <mailto:[email-masked]>

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lee
Atkinson
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 01:11
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Registration of MIME media type
application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels
(either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of
this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not
specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to
the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Ietf-types mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-types

From: [email-masked] (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 16:00:19 -0000
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Keith Moore)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:51:44 -0500
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:11:08 GMT." <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN)

if the file contains sensitive information that should not be exposed
to eavesdroppers, you need to say this, and you also need to say something
about what the consequences of such exposure might be.

also, if presenting/using/evaluating the file on a user's computer presents
any security or privacy risks to the user (for instance, if it exposes
personal information or information from the user's disk files), you need 
to say this also.  

From: [email-masked] (Leon Bottou)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:04:42 -0500
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1";
  name="mime.registration.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="mime.registration.txt"

Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W--

From: [email-masked] (Leon Bottou)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:04:42 -0500
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1";
  name="mime.registration.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="mime.registration.txt"

Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W--

From: [email-masked] (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:11:08 -0000
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: moore at cs.utk.edu (Keith Moore)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml 
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:45:57 GMT." <[email-masked]> 
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

this is still grossly insufficient.  

why, as a user, should I trust this kind of content to be evaluated on 
my computers?

From: [email-masked] (Keith Moore)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 13:14:25 -0500
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:45:57 GMT." <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

this is still grossly insufficient.  

why, as a user, should I trust this kind of content to be evaluated on 
my computers?

From: lee.atkinson at broadshow.com (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: dan at dankohn.com (Dan Kohn)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <000001c187e2$2636aa80$6005a8c0@dantecra9000>

If the content in your media type will always be well-formed xml, you
should call it application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml as
specified in RFC 3023.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.txt

          - dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:[email-masked]>
<http://www.dankohn.com/>  <tel:+1-650-327-2600>
Essays announced on <mailto:[email-masked]>

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lee
Atkinson
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 01:11
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Registration of MIME media type
application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels
(either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of
this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not
specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to
the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Ietf-types mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-types

From: [email-masked] (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:45:57 -0000
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Dan Kohn)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 08:36:29 -0800
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <000001c187e2$2636aa80$6005a8c0@dantecra9000>

If the content in your media type will always be well-formed xml, you
should call it application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer+xml as
specified in RFC 3023.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3023.txt

          - dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:[email-masked]>
<http://www.dankohn.com/>  <tel:+1-650-327-2600>
Essays announced on <mailto:[email-masked]>

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lee
Atkinson
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 01:11
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Registration of MIME media type
application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels
(either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of
this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not
specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to
the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Ietf-types mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-types

From: lee.atkinson at broadshow.com (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: moore at cs.utk.edu (Keith Moore)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer 
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:11:08 GMT." <[email-masked]> 
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN)

if the file contains sensitive information that should not be exposed
to eavesdroppers, you need to say this, and you also need to say something
about what the consequences of such exposure might be.

also, if presenting/using/evaluating the file on a user's computer presents
any security or privacy risks to the user (for instance, if it exposes
personal information or information from the user's disk files), you need 
to say this also.  

From: leonb at pcleon.research.att.com (Leon Bottou)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

-------------- next part --------------
Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

From: leonb at pcleon.research.att.com (Leon Bottou)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

-------------- next part --------------
Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

From: [email-masked] (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 16:00:19 -0000
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN) only. Does not contain any personal or sensitive data.

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labelling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Keith Moore)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:51:44 -0500
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
In-Reply-To: Your message of "Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:11:08 GMT." <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

> Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
> SSL or VPN)

if the file contains sensitive information that should not be exposed
to eavesdroppers, you need to say this, and you also need to say something
about what the consequences of such exposure might be.

also, if presenting/using/evaluating the file on a user's computer presents
any security or privacy risks to the user (for instance, if it exposes
personal information or information from the user's disk files), you need 
to say this also.  

From: [email-masked] (Leon Bottou)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:04:42 -0500
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1";
  name="mime.registration.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="mime.registration.txt"

Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W--

From: [email-masked] (Leon Bottou)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 10:04:42 -0500
Subject: Request for MIME media type Image/Vendor Tree - vnd.
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Errata regarding the registration form for MIME type 
image/vnd.djvu, submitted via the online form at 
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl>.

* The MIME subtype name was 
  spelled "vnd.vnd.djvu" and should read "vnd.djvu".  
* The magic number section was missing.

Please find  attached my corrected application.

- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W
Content-Type: text/plain;
  charset="iso-8859-1";
  name="mime.registration.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="mime.registration.txt"

Name : Leon Bottou

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : Image

MIME subtype name : Vendor Tree - vnd.djvu

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters : 
none

Encoding considerations : 
Binary or base64 is preferred.

Security considerations : 
The specified components of the DjVu media format are of a descriptive nature
and provide information that is useful to facilitate viewing and rendering of
images by a recipient.  As such, the DjVu media format does not in itself
create additional security risks, since the fields are not used to induce any
particular behavior by the recipient application.

The DjVu media format has an extensible structure, so that it is theoretically
possible that fields could be defined in the future which could be used to
induce particular actions on the part of the recipient, thus presenting
additional security risks, but this type of capability is not supported in the
referenced DjVu specification.

The DjVu media format does not specify a way to certify the authenticity of a
document.  Such a warranty might be provided by other means, for instance by
signing the complete contents of an email containing DjVu media data.

Interoperability considerations : 
DjVu represents document images using multiple layers encoded using different
encoding methods.  Future extensions of the DjVu format might define new
encoding methods that would not be supported by older viewers. DjVu viewer
implementations should detect and report this condition by comparing the DjVu
version number embedded in every DjVu media file with the highest supported
DjVu version number.  They should then decode those layers they can decode and
display these layers only.

Published specification : 
* SPECIFICATION OF THE DJVU IMAGE COMPRESSION FORMAT.
  1999-04-29, AT&T Labs.
    This is the original specification of DjVu.
    Copies are available at the following URLs:
        http://www.djvuzone.org/djvu/sci/djvuspec          (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.djvu   (DjVu)
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu2spec.ps.gz  (ps.gz)

* DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DJVU2 and DJVU3
  2001/10/22, Leon Bottou, AT&T Labs
    This is a compilation of the changes between the AT&T 
    specification and the currently released
    Lizardtech souce code.
        http://djvu.sourceforge.net/specs/djvu3changes.txt (Text)

* DJVU SOURCE CODE
Various open-source implementations (GNU Public License) have been
made available by both AT&T-Labs Research and Lizardtech, Inc.
These files are availablke at the following URL:
        http://sourceforge.net/project/djvu

Applications which use this media : 
Imaging, messaging, web publishing.

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) :  

ASCII "FORM" at offset 4 and ASCII "DJVU" 
or "DJVM" or "PM44" or "BM44" at offset 12.

2. File extension(s) : djvu, djv
3. Macintosh file type code : DJVU
4. Object Identifiers: 

General information on DjVu is available
at http://www.djvuzone.org .

Commercial software is available from Lizardtech, Inc 
at http://www.lizardtech.com .

Open source software (encoders, decoders, viewers, utilities) 
is available at http://djvu.sourceforge.net .   

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Leon Bottou
2. E-mail : <[email-masked]>

Intended usage : Common 

DjVu is a web-centric format for distributing documents and images.  DjVu is
designed for distributing scanned documents, digital documents, or
high-resolution pictures. DjVu content downloads faster, displays and renders
faster, looks nicer on a screen, and consume less client resources than
competing formats. DjVu images display instantly and can be smoothly zoomed
and panned with no lengthy re-rendering.  DjVu is used by hundreds of
academic, commercial, governmental, and non-commercial web sites around the
world.

Author/Change controller : 
Other contact persons:
- Leon Bottou <[email-masked]>
- Yann Le Cun <[email-masked]> 

--------------Boundary-00=_UVTHWWWE702ADAKTSV0W--

From: lee.atkinson at broadshow.com (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:31 2006
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]

From: [email-masked] (Lee Atkinson)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 09:11:08 -0000
Subject: Registration of MIME media type application/vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

MIME media type name: Application

MIME subtype name: vnd.broadshow.streampoint.producer

Required parameters: none (Version number is stored within file)

Optional parameters: none

Encoding considerations: file format follows XML conventions

Security considerations: files are transmitted via secure channels (either
SSL or VPN)

Interoperability considerations:

Published specification: The specifications for this content-type are
proprietary. They are specified by Broadshow Ltd. The registration of this
content-type is intended only to provide a convention for labeling this
proprietary data type within the MIME/HTTP environment and does not specify
any details about the content format or semantics, except to refer to the
software and specifications provided by Broadshow Ltd.

Applications which use this media type: Broadshow Streampoint Producer

Additional information:

Magic number(s):
File extension(s): .bsproducer
Macintosh File Type Code(s):

Person & email address to contact for further information: Lee Atkinson,
[email-masked]

Intended usage: LIMITED USE

Author/Change controller: Lee Atkinson, [email-masked]