Subject: Thank you!
From: moore at cs.utk.edu ([email-masked])
Date: Mon Sep 8 08:16:33 2003

See the attached file for details
>From [email-masked]  Tue Sep  9 13:39:42 2003
From: triad at df.lth.se (Linus Walleij)
Date: Tue Sep  9 12:39:53 2003
Subject: Change to prs.sid
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

I submit this chnage to an existing MIME transport type named
"audio/prs.sid" to the list for review. What has changed is one line: both
"PSID" and "RSID" are accepted as "magic numbers". This was important for
the developers of this format.

I cannot remember ever seeing someone change an existing MIME transport
type before, so I guess this is a rare occasion :-)

Yours,
Linus Walleij
-----------------------------------------------------
Name : Linus Walleij

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : audio

MIME subtype name: Private Tree - prs.sid

Required parameters: None

Optional parameters: None

Encoding considerations:

A file of this type contains binary data. Binary or Base-64
encoding is preferred.

Security considerations:

The data is intended for interpretation by a program that understands
the data on the recipient's system. When the data is executed the
security of the machine can be violated.

Interoperability considerations:

None

Published specification:

The PSID file format is described on the HTML page
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5147/sidplay/docs.html#fileformats

Applications which use this media type:

Any that conforms to the PSID file specification.

Additional information:

The data is a binary memory chunk from a Commodore 64 with an attached
header. The header contains metadata such as composer, year of
publication
etc. The binary chunk is being interpreted as CSG 6510 microprocessor
instruction bytecodes attached to a Commodore 64 chipset.

Magic number(s): first 4 bytes are 0x50534944 - "PSID"
                 or 0x52534944 - "RSID"
File extension(s): .sid, .psid
Macintosh File Type Code(s): PSID

Person & email address to contact for further information:

Linus Walleij
[email-masked]

Intended usage: COMMON

Author/Change controller: Linus Walleij

From: moore at cs.utk.edu ([email-masked])
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:36 2006
Subject: Thank you!
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

See the attached file for details
>From [email-masked]  Tue Sep  9 12:39:42 2003
From: triad at df.lth.se (Linus Walleij)
Date: Tue Jan  3 16:22:36 2006
Subject: Change to prs.sid
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

I submit this chnage to an existing MIME transport type named
"audio/prs.sid" to the list for review. What has changed is one line: both
"PSID" and "RSID" are accepted as "magic numbers". This was important for
the developers of this format.

I cannot remember ever seeing someone change an existing MIME transport
type before, so I guess this is a rare occasion :-)

Yours,
Linus Walleij
-----------------------------------------------------
Name : Linus Walleij

E-mail : [email-masked]

MIME media type name : audio

MIME subtype name: Private Tree - prs.sid

Required parameters: None

Optional parameters: None

Encoding considerations:

A file of this type contains binary data. Binary or Base-64
encoding is preferred.

Security considerations:

The data is intended for interpretation by a program that understands
the data on the recipient's system. When the data is executed the
security of the machine can be violated.

Interoperability considerations:

None

Published specification:

The PSID file format is described on the HTML page
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5147/sidplay/docs.html#fileformats

Applications which use this media type:

Any that conforms to the PSID file specification.

Additional information:

The data is a binary memory chunk from a Commodore 64 with an attached
header. The header contains metadata such as composer, year of
publication
etc. The binary chunk is being interpreted as CSG 6510 microprocessor
instruction bytecodes attached to a Commodore 64 chipset.

Magic number(s): first 4 bytes are 0x50534944 - "PSID"
                 or 0x52534944 - "RSID"
File extension(s): .sid, .psid
Macintosh File Type Code(s): PSID

Person & email address to contact for further information:

Linus Walleij
[email-masked]

Intended usage: COMMON

Author/Change controller: Linus Walleij