Subject: [ietf-types] Request for review of Media Type 'application/lostsync+xml'

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 21:01:07 +0300

Hi all, 

draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-sync-12.txt is currently in IESG review. 
Please review its media type registration for application/lostsync+xml.

------

   MIME media type name:  application

   MIME subtype name:  lostsync+xml

   Mandatory parameters:  none

   Optional parameters:  charset

      Indicates the character encoding of enclosed XML.

   Encoding considerations:  Uses XML, which can employ 8-bit
      characters, depending on the character encoding used.  See RFC
      3023 [RFC3023], Section 3.2.

   Security considerations:  This content type is designed to carry LoST
      Syncronization protocol payloads.

   Interoperability considerations:  None

   Published specification:  RFCXXXX [NOTE TO IANA/RFC-EDITOR: Please
      replace XXXX with the RFC number of this specification.]

   Applications which use this media type:  Emergency and Location-based
      Systems

   Additional information:

      Magic Number:  None

      File Extension:  .lostsyncxml

      Macintosh file type code:  'TEXT'

   Personal and email address for further information:  Hannes
      Tschofenig, [email-masked]

   Intended usage:  LIMITED USE

   Author:

      This specification is a work item of the IETF ECRIT working group,
      with mailing list address <[email-masked]>.

   Change controller:

      The IESG <[email-masked]>

9.2. LoST Sync Relax NG Schema Registration

   URI:  urn:ietf:params:xml:schema:lostsync1

   Registrant Contact:  IETF ECRIT Working Group, Hannes Tschofenig
      ([email-masked]).

   Relax NG Schema:  The Relax NG schema to be registered is contained
      in Section 6.
      
-----

Please provide any comments by October 1st.

Thanks!

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 21:29:18 +0200

>   MIME subtype name:  lostsync+xml

This is based on an outdated version of the template, the current one is
in RFC 4288; some of the fields are named and organized differently.

>      3023 [RFC3023], Section 3.2.

RFC 3023 should be referenced as specified in RFC 3023 section 7.1.

>      Tschofenig, [email-masked]

(The rendering "Name <email>" is more often used for this.)
-- 
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:[email-masked] · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
Am Badedeich 7 · Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
25899 Dagebüll · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.websitedev.de/