Subject: [ietf-types] Media Types in draft-ietf-fecframe-rtp-raptor-06

From: Thomas Stockhammer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 15:00:40 +0100

Dear experts, 

draft-ietf-fecframe-rtp-raptor-06 is currently in IESG review. 
Please review its media type registration as provided below:

===================================================================

6.  Media Types

6.1.  Registration of the application/raptorfec media type

   This RTP payload format is identified using the application/raptorfec
   media type which is registered in accordance with [RFC4855] and using
   the template of [RFC4288].

6.1.1.  Media Type Definition

   Type name: application

   Subtype name: raptorfec

   Required parameters:

   o  rate: The RTP timestamp (clock) rate.  The operator SHALL select a
      rate larger than 1000 Hz to provide sufficient resolution to RTCP
      operations and the operator SHOULD select the rate that matches
      the rate of the protected source RTP stream.  The RTP timestamp
      (clock) rate is specified in Hz and the format is unsigned
      integer.

   o  raptor-scheme-id: The value of this parameter is the FEC Scheme Id
      for the specific Raptor FEC Scheme that will be used as defined in
      [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor].

   o  Kmax: The value of this parameter is the FEC Framework
      Configuration Information element "Maximum Source Block Length" as
      defined in [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor] encoded as a decimal
      integer.  For specific requirements for this value refer to
      [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor].

   o  T: The value of this parameter is the FEC Framework Configuration
      Information element "Encoding Symbol Size" as defined in
      [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor] encoded as a decimal integer.  For
      specific requirements for this value refer to
      [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor].

   o  repair-window: The maximum time that spans the source packets and
      the corresponding repair packets.  The size of the repair window
      is specified in microseconds and the format is unsigned integer.

   Optional parameters:

   o  P: The value of this parameter is the FEC Framework Configuration
      Information element "Payload ID Format" as defined in
      [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor].  If this parameter is missing the
      value "A" SHALL be assumed.

   Encoding considerations: This media type is framed and binary, see
   section 4.8 in [RFC4288]

   Security considerations: Please see security consideration in
   [RFC6363]

   Interoperability considerations:

   Published specification: [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor]

   Applications that use this media type: Real-time multimedia
   applications like video streaming, audio streaming, and video
   conferencing.

   Additional information:

   Magic number(s): <none defined>

   File extension(s): <none defined>

   Macintosh file type code(s): <none defined>

   Person & email address to contact for further information: Thomas
   Stockhammer, [email-masked]

   Intended usage: COMMON

   Restrictions on usage: This media type depends on RTP framing, and
   hence is only defined for transfer via RTP [[RFC3550]].  Transport
   within other framing protocols is not defined at this time.

   Author: Thomas Stockhammer, Nomor Research

   Change controller: IETF Audio/Video Transport working group delegated
   from the IESG.

6.2.  Registration of the video/raptorfec media type

   This RTP payload format is identified using the video/raptorfec media
   type which is registered in accordance with [RFC4855] and using the
   template of [RFC4288].

6.2.1.  Media Type Definition

   Type name: video

   Subtype name: raptorfec

   Required parameters:

   o  rate: The RTP timestamp (clock) rate.  The operator SHALL select a
      rate larger than 1000 Hz to provide sufficient resolution to RTCP
      operations and the operator SHOULD select the rate that matches
      the rate of the protected source RTP stream.  The RTP timestamp
      (clock) rate is specified in Hz and the format is unsigned
      integer.

   o  raptor-scheme-id: The value of this parameter is the FEC Scheme Id
      for the specific Raptor FEC Scheme that will be used as defined in
      [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor].

   o  Kmax: The value of this parameter is the FEC Framework
      Configuration Information element "Maximum Source Block Length" as
      defined in [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor] encoded as a decimal
      integer.  For specific requirements for this value refer to
      [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor].

   o  T: The value of this parameter is the FEC Framework Configuration
      Information element "Encoding Symbol Size" as defined in
      [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor] encoded as a decimal integer.  For
      specific requirements for this value refer to
      [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor].

   o  repair-window: The maximum time that spans the source packets and
      the corresponding repair packets.  The size of the repair window
      is specified in microseconds and the format is unsigned integer.

   Optional parameters:

   o  P: The value of this parameter is the FEC Framework Configuration
      Information element "Payload ID Format" as defined in
      [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor].  If this parameter is missing the
      value "A" SHALL be assumed.

   Encoding considerations: This media type is framed and binary, see
   section 4.8 in [RFC4288]

   Security considerations: Please see security consideration in
   [RFC6363]

   Interoperability considerations:

   Published specification: [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor]

   Applications that use this media type: Real-time multimedia
   applications like video streaming, audio streaming, and video
   conferencing.

   Additional information:

   Magic number(s): <none defined>

   File extension(s): <none defined>

   Macintosh file type code(s): <none defined>

   Person & email address to contact for further information: Thomas
   Stockhammer, [email-masked]

   Intended usage: COMMON

   Restrictions on usage: This media type depends on RTP framing, and
   hence is only defined for transfer via RTP [[RFC3550]].  Transport
   within other framing protocols is not defined at this time.

   Author: Thomas Stockhammer, Nomor Research.

   Change controller: IETF Audio/Video Transport working group delegated
   from the IESG.

6.3.  Registration of the audio/raptorfec media type

   This RTP payload format is identified using the audio/raptorfec media
   type which is registered in accordance with [RFC4855] and using the
   template of [RFC4288].

6.3.1.  Media Type Definition

   Type name: audio

   Subtype name: raptorfec

   Required parameters:

   o  rate: The RTP timestamp (clock) rate.  The operator SHALL select a
      rate larger than 1000 Hz to provide sufficient resolution to RTCP
      operations and the operator SHOULD select the rate that matches
      the rate of the protected source RTP stream.  The RTP timestamp
      (clock) rate is specified in Hz and the format is unsigned
      integer.

   o  raptor-scheme-id: The value of this parameter is the FEC Scheme Id
      for the specific Raptor FEC Scheme that will be used as defined in
      [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor].

   o  Kmax: The value of this parameter is the FEC Framework
      Configuration Information element "Maximum Source Block Length" as
      defined in [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor] encoded as a decimal
      integer.  For specific requirements for this value refer to
      [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor].

   o  T: The value of this parameter is the FEC Framework Configuration
      Information element "Encoding Symbol Size" as defined in
      [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor] encoded as a decimal integer.  For
      specific requirements for this value refer to
      [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor].

   o  repair-window: The maximum time that spans the source packets and
      the corresponding repair packets.  The size of the repair window
      is specified in microseconds and the format is unsigned integer.

   Optional parameters:

   o  P: The value of this parameter is the FEC Framework Configuration
      Information element "Payload ID Format" as defined in
      [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor].  If this parameter is missing the
      value "A" SHALL be assumed.

   Encoding considerations: This media type is framed and binary, see
   section 4.8 in [RFC4288]

   Security considerations: Please see security consideration in
   [RFC6363]

   Interoperability considerations:

   Published specification: [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor]

   Applications that use this media type: Real-time multimedia
   applications like video streaming, audio streaming, and video
   conferencing.

   Additional information:

   Magic number(s): <none defined>

   File extension(s): <none defined>

   Macintosh file type code(s): <none defined>

   Person & email address to contact for further information: Thomas
   Stockhammer, [email-masked]

   Intended usage: COMMON

   Restrictions on usage: This media type depends on RTP framing, and
   hence is only defined for transfer via RTP [[RFC3550]].  Transport
   within other framing protocols is not defined at this time.

   Author: Thomas Stockhammer, Nomor Research.

   Change controller: IETF Audio/Video Transport working group delegated
   from the IESG.

6.4.  Registration of the text/raptorfec media type

   This RTP payload format is identified using the text/raptorfec media
   type which is registered in accordance with [RFC4855] and using the
   template of [RFC4288].

6.4.1.  Media Type Definition

   Type name: text

   Subtype name: raptorfec

   Required parameters:

   o  rate: The RTP timestamp (clock) rate.  The operator SHALL select a
      rate larger than 1000 Hz to provide sufficient resolution to RTCP
      operations and the operator SHOULD select the rate that matches
      the rate of the protected source RTP stream.  The RTP timestamp
      (clock) rate is specified in Hz and the format is unsigned
      integer.

   o  raptor-scheme-id: The value of this parameter is the FEC Scheme Id
      for the specific Raptor FEC Scheme that will be used as defined in
      [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor].

   o  Kmax: The value of this parameter is the FEC Framework
      Configuration Information element "Maximum Source Block Length" as
      defined in [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor] encoded as a decimal
      integer.  For specific requirements for this value refer to
      [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor].

   o  T: The value of this parameter is the FEC Framework Configuration
      Information element "Encoding Symbol Size" as defined in
      [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor] encoded as a decimal integer.  For
      specific requirements for this value refer to
      [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor].

   o  repair-window: The maximum time that spans the source packets and
      the corresponding repair packets.  The size of the repair window
      is specified in microseconds and the format is unsigned integer.

   Optional parameters:

   o  P: The value of this parameter is the FEC Framework Configuration
      Information element "Payload ID Format" as defined in
      [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor].  If this parameter is missing the
      value "A" SHALL be assumed.

   Encoding considerations: This media type is framed and binary, see
   section 4.8 in [RFC4288]

   Security considerations: Please see security consideration in
   [RFC6363]

   Interoperability considerations:

   Published specification: [I-D.ietf-fecframe-raptor]

   Applications that use this media type: Real-time multimedia
   applications like video streaming, audio streaming, and video
   conferencing.

   Additional information:

   Magic number(s): <none defined>

   File extension(s): <none defined>

   Macintosh file type code(s): <none defined>

   Person & email address to contact for further information: Thomas
   Stockhammer, [email-masked]

   Intended usage: COMMON

   Restrictions on usage: This media type depends on RTP framing, and
   hence is only defined for transfer via RTP [[RFC3550]].  Transport
   within other framing protocols is not defined at this time.

   Author: Thomas Stockhammer, Nomor Research.

   Change controller: IETF Audio/Video Transport working group delegated
   from the IESG.

===================================================================

Please provide any comments asap, latest by December 9th.

Thanks!

Thomas
---
Dr. Thomas Stockhammer (CEO) || [email-masked] || phone +49 89 978980 02 || cell +491725702667 || http://www.nomor-research.com
Nomor Research GmbH  -  Sitz der Gesellschaft: München - Registergericht: München, HRB 165856 – Umsatzsteuer-ID: DE238047637 - Geschäftsführer: Dr. Thomas Stockhammer, Dr. Ingo Viering.

---

From: Thomas Stockhammer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 16:02:02 +0100

Dear experts, 

based on some immediate feedback, please consider this small update 

6.  Media Types

   Type name: application

   Subtype name: raptorfec

   Required parameters:

   o  rate: The RTP timestamp (clock) rate.  The RTP timestamp (clock)
      rate is specified in Hz and the format is unsigned integer.

   Optional parameters:

   Additional information:

   Intended usage: COMMON

   Type name: video

   Subtype name: raptorfec

   Required parameters:

   o  rate: The RTP timestamp (clock) rate.  The RTP timestamp (clock)
      rate is specified in Hz and the format is unsigned integer.

   Optional parameters:

   Additional information:

   Intended usage: COMMON

   Type name: audio

   Subtype name: raptorfec

   Required parameters:

   o  rate: The RTP timestamp (clock) rate.  The RTP timestamp (clock)
      rate is specified in Hz and the format is unsigned integer.

   Optional parameters:

   Additional information:

   Intended usage: COMMON

   Type name: text

   Subtype name: raptorfec

   Required parameters:

   o  rate: The RTP timestamp (clock) rate.  The RTP timestamp (clock)
      rate is specified in Hz and the format is unsigned integer.

   Optional parameters:

   Additional information:

   Intended usage: COMMON

Thanks!

Thomas

---