Subject: [ietf-types] Review of application/link-format registration

From: Zach Shelby <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 20:47:08 +0200

draft-ietf-core-link-format-11 has passed WGLC in the CoRE WG. This draft has a registration for a new media type in Section 7.3 (also copied below). Your comments would be appreciated.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-link-format-11#section-7.3

Thanks,
Zach Shelby

7.3.  New link-format Internet media type

   This memo registers the a new Internet media type for the CoRE link
   format, application/link-format.

   Type name: application

   Subtype name: link-format

   Required parameters: None

   Optional parameters: None

   Encoding considerations: Binary data

   Security considerations:

   Multicast requests using CoAP for the well-known link-format
   resources could be used to perform denial of service on a constrained
   network.  A multicast request SHOULD only be accepted if the request
   is sufficiently authenticated and secured using e.g.  IPsec or an
   appropriate object security mechanism.

   CoRE link format parsers should be aware that a link description may
   be cyclical, i.e., contain a link to itself.  These cyclical links
   could be direct or indirect (i.e., through referenced link
   resources).  Care should be taken when parsing link descriptions and
   accessing cyclical links.

   Interoperability considerations:

   Published specification: [[ this document ]]

   Applications that use this media type: CoAP server and client
   implementations for resource discovery and HTTP applications that use
   the link-format as a payload.

   Additional information:

   Magic number(s):

   File extension(s): *.wlnk

   Macintosh file type code(s):

   Intended usage: COMMON

   Restrictions on usage: None

   Author: CoRE WG

   Change controller: IETF

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 13:23:00 -0700

<hat type='AD'/>

Note: I'll request an IETF Last Call on draft-ietf-core-link-format-11
now, which will run concurrently with the expert reviews. I am doing so
in order to get all the reviews finished before IETF 83. Just FYI!

Peter

On 2/14/12 11:47 AM, Zach Shelby wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> ietf-types mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-types