Subject: [ietf-types] Review of text/parameters

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 17:10:02 +0200

The MMUSIC WG is currently doing an WG Last Call on RTSP 2.0. The WG
last call ends on May 16th, 2012.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis/

This document includes the definition (Appendix F) and registration of
the text/parameters format.

22.16.  Media Type Registration for text/parameters

   Type name:  text

   Subtype name:  parameters

   Required parameters:

   Optional parameters:

   Encoding considerations:

   Security considerations:  This format may carry any type of
      parameters.  Some can have security requirements, like privacy,
      confidentiality or integrity requirements.  The format has no
      built in security protection.  For the usage it was defined the
      transport can be protected between server and client using TLS.
      However, care must be take to consider if also the proxies are
      trusted with the parameters in case hop-by-hop security is used.
      If stored as file in file system the necessary precautions needs
      to be taken in relation to the parameters requirements including
      object security such as S/MIME [RFC5751].

   Interoperability considerations:  This media type was mentioned as a
      fictional example in RFC 2326 but was not formally specified.
      This has resulted in usage of this media type which may not match
      its formal definition.

   Published specification:  RFC XXXX, Appendix F.

   Applications that use this media type:  Applications that use RTSP
      and have additional parameters they like to read and set using the
      RTSP GET_PARAMETER and SET_PARAMETER methods.

   Additional information:

   Magic number(s):

   File extension(s):

   Macintosh file type code(s):

   Person & email address to contact for further information:  Magnus
      Westerlund ([email-masked])

   Intended usage:   Common

   Restrictions on usage:   None

   Author:  Magnus Westerlund ([email-masked])

   Change controller:  IETF

   Addition Notes:

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------