Subject: [ietf-types] Registration of MIME media type application/EmergencyCallData.cap+xml

From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 10:49:49 +0000

​    ​
MIME media type name: application

   MIME subtype name:  cap+xml

   Required parameters:  (none)

   Optional parameters:  charset; Indicates the character encoding of
      enclosed XML.  Default is UTF-8 [RFC3629
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3629>].

   Encoding considerations:  Uses XML, which can employ 8-bit
      characters, depending on the character encoding used.  See RFC
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3023>
      3023 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3023> [RFC3023], Section
3.2 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3023#section-3.2>.

   Security considerations:  This content type is designed to carry
      payloads of the Common Alerting Protocol (CAP).  RFC XXX [Replace
      by the RFC number of this specification] discusses security
      considerations for this.

   Interoperability considerations:  This content type provides a way to
      convey CAP payloads.

   Published specification:  RFC XXX [Replace by the RFC number of this
      specification].

   Applications which use this media type:  Applications that convey
      alerts and warnings according to the CAP standard.

   Additional information:  OASIS has published the Common Alerting
      Protocol at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/
<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/documents>
      documents
<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/documents>.php&wg_abbrev=emergency

   Person and email address to contact for further information:  Hannes
      Tschofenig, [email-masked]

   Intended usage:  Limited use

   Author/Change controller:  IETF ECRIT working group

   Other information:  This media type is a specialization of
      application/xml RFC 3023 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3023>
[RFC3023 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3023>], and many of the
considerations
      described there also apply to application/cap+xml.