Subject: AL raises nickel surcharge; Auction Data.......

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 12:54:33 -0500

StainlessOnly! is a weekly Stainless Steel related Electronic Magazine. We are
currently reaching:23,471 readers.

MILL INCREASE!!!! AGAIN!!!!
PITTSBURGH, Jan. 25 -- Allegheny Ludlum Corp. here said Tuesday it would attempt 
To raise prices on stainless steel sheet, strip and coiled plate by between 4 and 6 percent
Effective with shipments Feb. 7. It is the industry's second, Allegheny Ludlum-led 
Stainless steel price hike in six weeks. The company led a 4 to 6 percent increase on 
Stainless steel coiled and uncoiled plate that went into effect Jan. 4. It also has been at the 
Forefront of revising raw material surcharge triggers for nickel and chromium in the past 
Several months. The nickel surcharge trigger is set at $2 per pound while the surcharge 
Level for chromium is set at 35 cents per pound.

For your info:
Since the start of the Federal tax of imported steel (Sept ’99), US based mills have added 
A total of $20.00cwt in Nickel Surcharges. This newest mill press release indicates that 
The prices for stainless steel products will continue to climb.

Scrap Pricing (Philadelphia):
Scrap has remained constant, holding around $35.00cwt.

We currently have (17) Stainless Steel items up for auction.
If you have a surplus/overstock item that you wish to sell,
please visit www.buystainlessonline.com and click "Start an Auction"

To place an inquiry in a NON-HTML based format......
simply reply to this email with the necessary info.

TO BE REMOVED:
send a blank email to [email-masked]