Subject: oh merde! <blush> Patrick F. and ICANN board error

From: Gordon Cook <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 21:38:56 -0500

Wiping red face.....

   I carry a lot of ICANN data around in my head and I am generally 
pretty good at it.  However my attention has been called to the fact 
that I screwed up on my association with Patrick as an ICANN board 
member.  Following a few URL trails I see that he and Goeff Huston 
were IETF nominees but that ETSI and W3C placed their folk on the 
board and IETF would up with only Vint.

So apologies to Patrick for placing him on a hook where he does not belong.

Since Vint  as the IETF board member wasn't involved with creating 
the protocol, I'd imagine that it would be a lot harder for a lawyer 
to come after him....  Still I would think that he might have an 
interest in how this is handled.  ICANN may feel that it gets off 
scot free on this one but from my reading of some of the domain 
lists, a lot of people are beginning to ask what the hell ICANN is 
good for if it does nothing to police the screw ups from NSI's 
defective shared registry design.
****************************************************************
The COOK Report on Internet            Index to seven years of the COOK Report
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA  http://cookreport.com
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax)            Is ICANN an IBM e-business ?
[email-masked]                     See also Lessig's Code: and
Other  Laws of Cyberspace  http://cookreport.com/lessigbook.shtml
****************************************************************