Subject: IPv6 private adresses space

From: [email-masked]
Date: 13 Jan 00 16:09:26 UT

Is there such a thing for IPv6?

(like the 192.168.x.x and 172.10.x.x) in IPv4?

Gruss/Regards,
Thomas

Thomas Kuiper        |   [email-masked]   |  www.tobit.com     __
Core Development     |   TK3680-RIPE         |                   /__/\
Tobit Software GmbH  |   ICQ #8345483        |  ask your server. \__\/

---

From: Mark Atwood <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Jan 2000 09:00:51 -0800

> (like the 192.168.x.x and 172.10.x.x) in IPv4?

There's the link local and site local addresses.

-- 
Mark Atwood   | It is the hardest thing for intellectuals to understand, that
[email-masked] | just because they haven't thought of something, somebody else
              | might. <http://www.friesian.com/rifkin.htm>
http://www.pobox.com/~mra

---

From: Mark Atwood <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Jan 2000 09:00:51 -0800

---

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Jan 2000 12:44:59 -0500

> (like the 192.168.x.x and 172.10.x.x) in IPv4?

The answer is that there have been proposals for such things, but Why
Would You Want Such An Abomination? You don't need it. There's no
shortage of space in v6 world.

Perry

---

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Jan 2000 12:44:59 -0500

Perry

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 11:50:40 -0600

Fortunately not, although link-local and site-local address formats 
are defined. I suggest that you read one of the IPv6 text books.

   Brian

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 11:50:40 -0600

Brian