Subject: New draft and mailing list available on Information Modeling in t he IETF

From: "Weiss, Walter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 05:00:14 -0500

In recent years, working groups have come under pressure to define multiple,
parallel data structures for managing various technologies (DHCP, DiffServ,
MPLS, etc.) through different protocols (SNMP, LDAP, COPS, etc.) and network
management paradigms (directories, agents, policy, etc.). A new mailing list
has been established to consider possible means for reducing the burden on
working groups by defining protocol and management paradigm independent
configuration/management data definitions that could subsequently be mapped
to the various protocols. To consider the viability of this approach and
determine if there is sufficient interest to create a working group, a new
mailing list has been established:

mailing list : [email-masked]
[un]subscribe: [email-masked]
archive: ftp://ops.ietf.org/pub/lists

In addition, a requirements document for a network information modeling
activity has been written and submitted to the IETF. This draft can be found
at

web:
ftp://ftp.intel.com\/pub/outgoing/draft-durham-nim-reqs-00.txt

ftp:
ftp.intel.com\pub\outgoing\draft-durham-nim-reqs-00.txt

regards,

-Walter