Subject: Problems with networks

From: Julio César Serrano Ortuno <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 12:46:35 +0100

Hi everyone,

I have errors randomly within two networks interconnected with
fiber-optic.
What procedure should I follow for detecting the problem?
There's any RFC number that describes procedures for seek and solve
network problems?

Thanks a lot!

---

From: Bruce Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 15:30:08 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Julio César Serrano Ortuno wrote:

julk> I have errors randomly within two networks interconnected with
julk> fiber-optic.
julk> What procedure should I follow for detecting the problem?
julk> There's any RFC number that describes procedures for seek and solve
julk> network problems?

RFC 2321 perhaps ?

Possibly you would be better off by contacting the vendors of the
equipment to see if they have anything appropriate.  Common sense[1] is
also useful (identify common path, etc etc)

Regards,

-- 
  Bruce Campbell <[email-masked]>                +61-7-3367-0490
                      Systems Administrator     Regional Internet Registry
    Asia Pacific Network Information Centre    For the Asia Pacific Region

[1] Theres nothing 'common' about common sense IMHE.