Subject: Re[2]: Re: Critically compare the congestion control on TCP/

From: [email-masked] (Michael CTR Bellopede)
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 10:03:34 -0500

If you receive any good answers on this, please let me know.  Thanx.

Michael B. Bellopede
[email-masked]

____________________Reply Separator____________________
Subject:    Re: Re: Critically compare the congestion control on TCP/IP

Author: Jianbo Huang <[email-masked]>
Date:       3/9/00 8:31 PM

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you all for giving me so much information! I have read some, and 
almost get a clear idea of how ATM manage the congestion control. But I 
still get one question: generally speaking, TCP/IP is equal to the 
transport and network layer in the OSI model, and it seems that the ATM 
works on the Data Link Layer (?). They serve different function in the OSI 
model. Through they all have congestion control facility, how to compare 
mechanism in different layer? Does the topic "Critically compare the 
congestion control on TCP/IP and ATM" mean only compare of the algorithms 
of them?

Thank you again for you valuable help!

rgds,

Truly yours,
Jianbo Huang :-)

---

From: "Schipper, Dell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 11:16:15 -0600

I recall that Larry Roberts a few years ago gave presentations (at
NetWorld+InterOp ?) that compared the congestion avoidance algorithms of
ATM-ABR service to TCP/IP.  I know he has started a new company since
then and I do not have any contact information.

Regards, Dell.
______________________________________________________________
Dell Schipper                   Phone: (214) 495-6422
Advanced Network Solutions      Fax:   (214) 495-6219
Fujitsu Network Services        [email-masked]
______________________________________________________________