Subject: How Many Routing Tables

From: David Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:37:56 -0600

Dear Friends,

This may be a silly question but I never found a clear answer form a book or
a standard. 

A router is running BGP4, OSPF and RIP at the same time. How many routing
tables(or forwarding tables) this router has? I think there should be only
one table produced by all the protocols and used by the router to route
every packet through the router, but I am not sure. Can somebody help get an
answer ?

Thank you very much
David

---

From: Jeremy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 13:36:16 -0500 (EST)

I think it may actually have 5 one for each protocal Plus the Static. BTW
whats the CPU time on that thing like?

-jeremyy

---

From: HUGO ZAMORA LOPEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:31:13 -0600 (CST)

David,

The router has only one routing table which use to propagate the best
route to another routers base on adminstrative distance when you are
running several routing protocols for the same networks.

Regards.

Hugo