Subject: Switches on Oz power outlets

From: Cameron Young <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 13:59:18 -0800

Most of the wall power outlets have little rocker switches built into the
outlet cover that also needs to be turned on.

*Don't* forget to check this if you are charging a cell phone / laptop for
use the next day.  Hotel staff have a habit of turning all these switches
off whenever they clean a room.

Cam

---

From: Ross Finlayson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 14:55:15 -0800

>off whenever they clean a room.

Also, don't forget that on wall switches (like almost every country in with
world except the US :-) "down" means "on".

	Ross.

---

From: Peter Deutsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 15:57:34 -0800

> world except the US :-) "down" means "on".

Well, if you pronounce "U.S." as "United States and Canada, except
for parts of my house in Montreal". As I renovated, I made a point
of going through and installing the switches the "right" way up
(drove my Canadian spouse crazy at the time, but she got used to it!
:-) Of course, now I'm selling the place, the agent seems to think I
should switch them all back...

				- peterd

---

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 Mar 2000 21:24:35 -0500

> world except the US :-) "down" means "on".

Places where people use SNMP for turning their lights on and off have
left this issue far behind. Do you mean to tell me that Australians
don't all use SNMP for light control yet?

.pm