Subject: history

From: Jon Crowcroft <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 15:11:51 +0000

i was looking thru some old archives (1982 on - yes, thats right, from
just before this years college kids were born)
of the original tcp-ip maillist
and came across a message from mark crispin about a broken vax mailer
flooding neighbor mailservers with SYNs......amazing how nothings new

see
http://www-mice.cs.ucl.ac.uk/multimedia/misc/tcp_ip/
for a slightly incomplete archive of it all
i couldn't find any other archive but if someoen does have it, let me
know and i'll delete mine and point at theirs...

one interesting thing is to look at pre-DNS email addresses - so there
used to be this single file we'd all FTP from ISI with the hosts.txt
listing of name/addresses  - then one day we distributed it....now of
course has to haev a .com, and the nameservers have to zone xfer it
all the time too....so plus ca change, plus c'est le mome raths....

 cheers

   jon

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 13:38:26 -0500

Jon,

Sigh ... I checked out the archive and noticed my own email in the fall 82 
archive, from when I was managing the NCP to TCP transition on the ARPANET 
(I wrote the code to disable NCP at the IMP interface).  I didn't need to 
be reminded how long I've been doing this stuff ... :-).

Cheers,
Andy

======

At 03:11 PM 3/9/00 +0000, Jon Crowcroft wrote:

>-
>This message was passed through [email-masked], which
>is a sublist of [email-masked]. Not all messages are passed.
>Decisions on what to pass are made solely by Harald Alvestrand.

________________________________________________________________________
Andrew G. Malis  [email-masked]  phone:978 952-7414  fax:978 392-2074
Lucent Technologies                 1 Robbins Road    Westford, MA 01886