Subject: Mixed-topology solutions

From: Timothy Behne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 11:45:08 -0500

Can anyone help point me in the direction of an RFC, draft, or other
information that might be helpful in sending Ethernet data across a
slower-speed media (such as in a remote bridge implementation)?  For
instance, sending 100 BaseT Ethernet data across a DS3 link.

Thanks in advance,

Tim Behne
Tadiran Microwave Networks

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 11:04:30 -0400

Tim,

Remote bridging over Frame Relay networks is specified in RFC 2427, and 
over PPP by RFC 1638.  RFC 1638 also contains a good introduction to remote 
bridging in general.  You should probably also check out IEEE 802.1D (aka 
ISO/IEC 15802-3) and 802.1G (aka ISO/IEC 15802-5).  The latter two need to 
be downloaded from the IEEE (see http://standards.ieee.org/).

Cheers,
Andy

-------

At 11:45 AM 4/17/00 -0500, Timothy Behne wrote:

>-
>This message was passed through [email-masked], which
>is a sublist of [email-masked]. Not all messages are passed.
>Decisions on what to pass are made solely by Harald Alvestrand.

________________________________________________________________________
Andrew G. Malis  [email-masked]  phone:978 952-7414  fax:978 392-2074
Lucent Technologies                 1 Robbins Road    Westford, MA 01886