Subject: Re: SCSI over IP (fwd)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:50:38 -0700

For more information on the SCSI over IP (IP storage) proposed working group,
please see http://www.ece.cmu.edu/~ips.  The IBM/Cisco draft and other material
is there.

Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 17:13:07 -0600
From: Jasen Strutt <[email-masked]>
To: Jon William Toigo <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Subject: Re: SCSI over IP

SCSIoIP
Who'd a thunk it....

I believe there are a few hash renditions of it at a higher level of networking
through distributed computing / storage and processing but lack the white papers
to send you on it. I'd be interested if anyone else has specifics on it.

Comments?

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jon William Toigo
  To: [email-masked]
  Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2000 3:52 PM
  Subject: SCSI over IP

  I learned of a forthcoming RFC covering SCSI over IP from IBM and Cisco a
couple of weeks ago.  Has anyone heard about this?  Has the RFC been submitted
yet?   Are there any web sites with more information?

  Jon William Toigo
  Independent Consultant and Author
  [email-masked]

---

From: "Jon William Toigo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:33:18 -0400

Thanks for the referral, Dave.  Now that I have the SCSI over IP RFC text, I
am wondering how soon, if ever, we will likely see a standard and/or product
based on the specification?

To your knowledge, is SCSI over IP being pursued in earnest by IP networking
equipment companies at present?

JWT