Subject: Frame relay over GRE/IP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 09:14:31 +0200

Hello,

I've some questions about transporting frame relay over IP (I know, the
world is getting crazy):

1. Does anybody have any experience with encapsulation of frame relay by
means of GRE with IPv4 as delivery protocol (RFC1701, 1702, 2784)?

2. Why shouldn't I try to transport FR (FRF1.1) over IP? What are the cons?

3. Does anybody know, why the sequence number has been deprecated in RFC
2784?

4. Are there any vendors which implement GRE according to the latest RFC
2784?

Regards,

Eric

Eric Brouwers		
Libertel, Avenue Ceramique 300, 6221 KX  Maastricht, the Netherlands

phone	+31 43 355 7717
fax	+31 43 355 5566
mobile	+31 43 355 6717
e-mail	[email-masked]