Subject: Re: draft-ietf-nat-protocol-complications-02.txt

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 8:31:24 EDT

I have so many issues with this reply that I am only going to focus on
one.

> Agreed. How do you expect the intruders  will steal the tickets, without
> being recipients of the ticket? Unless, you are assuming that the private
> network is not trusted and that there are intruders within the private 
> network.

There is no such thing as a trusted network.  One of the first things
you learn about security (having nothing to do with computer security)
is that most attacks occur from inside the organization.  There is no
such thing as a trusted network.

I have pointed you in directions you need to follow.  Stating that the
a problem in one context is described in the described in another
context is not useful in this document.  It is exactly because of this
approach that the document comes across sounding as if the problems
described are trivial and inconsequential.

    Jeffrey Altman * Sr.Software Designer * Kermit-95 for Win32 and OS/2
                 The Kermit Project * Columbia University
              612 West 115th St #716 * New York, NY * 10025
  http://www.kermit-project.org/k95.html * [email-masked]