Subject: Re: spam from blue sheets

From: "Jim Sermersheim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 12:15:59 -0600

It's not just the blue sheets, your registration information is also public. This includes your phone and fax numbers. Headhunters seem to devour it. I see you attended in November.
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/99nov/46th-99nov-ietf-165.html#TopOfPage

Sean Doran
Phone: +45 3915 0832
FAX: +45 3915 0810
[email-masked]

>>> Sean Doran <[email-masked]> 9/14/00 7:11:04 AM >>>

is there an IETF policy wrt spamming people with information gleaned
from the blue sheets passed around in WG meetings?

that is, if I am spammed to a blue-sheet-address, is there any
point in whining about it, other than to feel morally superior
to the spammers?  

    Sean.

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 17:56:21 -0400

I always ask headhunters to provide me with the URL of *my* resume.

  That tells me where they got my name, if they have my resume, and if they
have read the latest copy. Most never answer, because they got my name from
the IETF list, or the archives of one of the mailing lists. 
  (The later, I surmise, since it is very targetted to, e.g. IPsec, typically
two days after my last post...)

   :!mcr!:            |  Solidum Systems Corporation, http://www.solidum.com
   Michael Richardson |For a better connected world,where data flows faster<tm>
 Personal: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html
	mailto:[email-masked]	mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: Betsy Brennan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 19:45:15 -0400

Is IETF selling this info? Or is spamming free here? BLB

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 06:59:56 +0200

>Is IETF selling this info? Or is spamming free here? BLB

Mailing list archives are publicly available. My guess would be that 
it is from there the email addresses are grabbed.

    paf