Subject: Mobile Multimedia Messaging Service

From: "James P. Salsman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:45:52 -0700 (PDT)

At the November meeting, about 90 people attended the Mobile 
Multimedia Messaging Service BOF:

  http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/99nov/46th-99nov-ietf-42.html

But the mailing list has been dead:

  http://www.imc.org/ietf-mmms/mail-archive/threads.html

MMMS-related topics seem to be fairly prevalent on the general 
IETF discussion list, with a lot of general agreement that the 
status quo has some real problems.

Has anyone started on a working group charter?

There needs to be an organized effort to provide explicit and 
well-documented alternatives to the closed-protocol, 
pseudo-internet mobile access consortia, who are a real barrier 
to easy and reasonable mobile multimedia messaging services.  
I for one would certainly contribute a great deal of time and 
effort to the success of such a working group.

Cheers,
James