Subject: Re: Quality task force on web sites

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 12:52:52 -0500

At 11:31 AM 9/5/00 +0200, Barathy, RamaSubramaniam wrote:
>Would it not be nice to have some sort of quality control task force that
>assigns a quality level for the web sites through out the world.

The IETF does technical standards.  If you have a technical proposal to 
pursue, this might be a reasonable forum for discussion.  For social, 
political, business, and other non-technical aspects of the Internet, the 
IETF is not the correct venue.

d/

---

From: vint cerf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 21:37:38 -0400

however, ISTF might be a good place to pursue such ideas.

see www.istf.org or www.istf.isoc.org

vint

At 12:52 PM 9/5/2000 -0500, Dave Crocker wrote:
>The IETF does technical standards.  If you have a technical proposal to pursue, this might be a reasonable forum for discussion.  For social, political, business, and other non-technical aspects of the Internet, the IETF is not the correct venue.
>
>d/

---

From: Hakikur Rahman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 15:53:12 +0600

Now we are talking.

Hakik.

> IETF is not the correct venue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Engr. Md. Hakikur Rahman
Project Coordinator
SDNP-Bangladesh.
Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]
http://www.geocities.com/hakik_2000,  http://www5.50megs.com/hakik
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------