Subject: Announcement for Informal Interim Rserpool meeting

From: "Lyndon Ong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 15:16:00 -0700

Folks,

This is an announcement for an informal interim discussion of the
(hopefully soon to be approved) Reliable Server Pooling group,
to be held on Wednesday, October 25th in North Carolina.

The group, formerly called RSPool and now called Rserpool, intends to
address requirements and protocol for application server pools,
as discussed in the BOF held in Pittsburgh.

An informal interim discussion will be held on October 24th to progress 
work on
requirements and architecture.  The meeting will be held at MCNC in the
Research Triangle Park area of North Carolina, details to be provided.
It is open to participation, but please notify the co-chairs if you plan
to attend, at [email-masked] and [email-masked].
Detailed notes will be published, and a conference bridge will be provided
for those who cannot physically attend.

Further information will be made available through the mailing list for 
Rserpool,
[email-masked].  To subscribe, send a message to
[email-masked] with "subscribe rspool" in the
body of the message.  An archive is available at 
http://standards.nortelnetworks.com.

The following is the basic agenda for the October 25th meeting.

1. Review Requirements (1.5 hrs)

Review and comment on requirements document draft (Michael Tuexen
will be putting this together and submitting it to the list prior to the
meeting, using the discussion that has already taken place on the list).

2. Architecture (1.5 hrs)

Discuss a basic architecture framework and document the
results in a draft (possibly a section of Michael's draft).  This
should include discussion of proxies as was brought up on
the list.

3. Applications (1.5 hrs)

Discuss the range of potential applications, including non-telephony
ones (more input would be extremely helpful).

4. Other Work (1.5 hrs)

Discuss the URN documents that have been brought to our
attention and how they relate to Rserpool work.  Discuss relationship
of Rserpool to other activities such as URN, DNS, AAA, etc.

Thanks,

Lyndon Ong
Maureen Stillman