Subject: Two tools to remove the virus LIFE_STAGES.TXT.SHS

From: Li Bing <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 14:02:33 -0700

Dear All,

I am very sorry to bring some trouble today.

This morning my PC is infected by a virus LIFE_STAGE.TXT.SHS. Then the virus
got all the lists and email addresses from my Address Book and sent many
virus mails to you using my email address. Now I got two tools to remove the
virus. Please get them from the web if your PC is infected.

Fortunately, the virus doesn't damage your system according to some friend's
advice.

http://vil.nai.com/villib/dispvirus.asp?virus_k=98668
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/vbs.stages.a.html

I hope it helps!

Thanks,
Bing

---

From: Mark Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 19:24:22 -0400 (EDT)

What the HELL is this? A virus warning? This is exactly why I don't use
Windows anymore. Thank God for Linux. You all can have your Windows and
your virii.

-- 
Mark
------------------------------------------------------------------------
**  =/\=  No Penguins were harmed	| ICQ#27816299
** <_||_> in the making of this		|
**  =\/=  message...			| Registered Linux user #182496
------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: rusty <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 16:59:21 -0700

> Windows anymore. Thank God for Linux. You all can have your Windows and
I'd like to put it a bit more strongly - Anybody who uses microsoft
tools
deserves everything that happens to them, given the track history of
viruses on that 'platform'.  There is no longer any excuse.

And any IT 'professional' who chooses Microsoft tools for their
company
should pay for the damage caused by use (and breakins using) those
tools.

Or perhaps just get fired.

rusty

---

From: "Master Traicovn (NW)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 21:44:43 -0400 (EDT)

i GOT THIS MESSAGE way to many times... this is totally uncalled for. Now
let's see, the guy sent out a message warning us that the message had a
virus attached to it and said not to open it.... did we really need to
know this? I personally try not to use address books period, to easy for
someone to write a virus or exploit... AND WHY would anyone use OUTLOOK?

> Windows anymore. Thank God for Linux. You all can have your Windows and

_________________________________________________________________________
| Keyboard not present, press F1 to continue        | *Master Traicovn*  |
| http://traicovn.doesntexist.com                   | - [email-masked]  |
                                                    | - FAX: 530.937.7570|
_________________________________________________________________________|
      *Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware.*             |
               ----  Look for the TEKMOBL, the Chevy with INTEL inside!  |
_________________________________________________________________________|

---

From: Mark Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 19:24:22 -0400 (EDT)

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please check "http://www.mysql.com/php/manual.php" before
posting. To request this thread, e-mail [email-masked]

To unsubscribe, send a message to:
    <mysql-unsubscribe-jncc=[email-masked]>

If you have a broken mail client that cannot send a message to the above address(Microsoft Outlook), you can use http://lists.mysql.com/php/unsubscribe.php