Subject: Re[1]: Unreliable TCP work?

From: Danny Cohen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 18:33:07 -0700

You asked:

   "I am wondering if there has been any work done on enhancing TCP to
    allow unreliable transmission for real-time applications (audio/video).
    Any information is appreciated."

Answer:

    Yes.  It's called UDP.
                                            Cheers,
                                                                 Danny

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 01:01:12 -0600

You probably want to look at the Real-Time Protocol (RTP), RFC1889,
currently developed in the Audio/Video Transport WG.

- J

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Liang [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2000 4:04 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Unreliable TCP work?

Hello,

  I am wondering if there has been any work done on enhancing TCP to allow
unreliable transmission for real-time applications (audio/video).  Any
information is appreciated.

Sam

[email-masked]