Subject: 49th IETF-San Diego, CA: Car Recommended

From: Randall Gellens <rg=[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:33:35 -0700

>Registration, Hotel and Airline Discount information for the
>49th IETF meeting is now available at:
>
>http://www.ietf.org/meetings/IETF-49.html

The hotel is near the airport, not downtown.  Personally, I suggest that 
attendees may want to consider renting a car.  It's also a fairly short 
taxi ride to get to downtown, the Gas Lamp District, Hillcrest, and other 
such areas of interest / eclectic food.

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 12:18:52 -0400

>>>>> "Randall" == Randall Gellens <rg=[email-masked]> writes:
    >> Registration, Hotel and Airline Discount information for the 49th IETF
    >> meeting is now available at:
    >> 

    Randall> The hotel is near the airport, not downtown.  Personally, I
    Randall> suggest that attendees may want to consider renting a car.  It's

  That is a wholy silly suggestion.  You damn yourself to traffic congestion
near the hotel by doing this. 

  The hotel is within sight of the airport, and they told me that would
happily provide free shuttle to the trolley if you ask.
  But, no matter, that hotel is full already.

   :!mcr!:            |  Solidum Systems Corporation, http://www.solidum.com
   Michael Richardson |For a better connected world,where data flows faster<tm>
 Personal: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html
	mailto:[email-masked]	mailto:[email-masked]

---

From: Ian Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 17:55:54 +0100

>near the hotel by doing this.

True.

>happily provide free shuttle to the trolley if you ask.

I believe that Randy's suggestion is more for those folks that want to get 
away from the hotel for food/entertainment.

>   But, no matter, that hotel is full already.

:(