Subject: I-D Actions ?

From: "Lee, Jiwoong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:42:55 +0900

Dear all.

I've found that there are two cases for ID action issued by IETF,
without regard to the fact that it is an indivisual submission or 
that it is a "00" ID.

(a) ID ACTION is issued only through ietf-announcement list
(b) ID ACTION is issued through both ietr-announcement list and 
     the related WG mailing list.

What differs ? Just curious

Thank you, 

J.

---

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 08:45:52 -0400

J.

ID's which are official working group IDs are automatically announced
to both the IETF Announce and WG mailing lists.  IDs which are not
official WG documents generally aren't.  The version number is not
important to where the announcement goes.

It used to be possible to tell whether or not an ID was a WG ID by
the format of its file name however this is no longer the case.  The
WG status of an ID is maintained by the Secretariate independent of
the file name and you can tell if a draft is a WG draft by looking at
the list of drafts on the WG charter page.

Donald

From:  "Lee, Jiwoong" <[email-masked]>
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
To:  <[email-masked]>
Date:  Fri, 27 Oct 2000 11:42:55 +0900

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 16:27:23 +0100 (BST)

> What differs ? Just curious

In (b) the authors of the draft care more about their work and its
progress.

L.

<[email-masked]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>