Subject: SIGCOMM Latin America Advance Program available

From: Craig Partridge <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 13:22:43 -0500

Hi folks (esp. IETFers in Latin America):

The advance program and registration information for SIGCOMM's Workshop on
Data Communication in Latin American and the Caribbean is now up.  We've got a
great keynote speaker (Jose Maria Figueres, head of the UN technology program
and thus spearheading Internet issues for the UN, and former president of
Costa Rica) and a technical program with a number of papers likely to
be of interest to IETFers.  And we've got the usual SIGCOMM student travel
grant program that allows students to attend (note that applications for
student travel are due next week).

The conference is April 3 through 5 in San Jose, Costa Rica.

The web site is:

    http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm-la/main.html

If you can't make the conference, you can still read the papers as SIGCOMM
puts conference papers on-line.  The conference papers (in both Spanish and
English) should be begin to appear at the site next week.

Craig

E-mail: [email-masked] or [email-masked]