Subject: Re: Meeting logistics cost, convenience and risk

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 19:24:45 -0500

> Continued reliance on invitations and hosts ensure several problems.

all of which can be addressed by doubling or tripling meeting fees.
of course, that would create other problems.

not pointing the finger at any one in particular ... but I'm continunally 
amazed when competent engineers who routinely make difficult compromises when
designing computer protocols, are seemingly unable to understand the concept 
of compromise regarding meeting arrangements.

I also know I'm not the only one who is amazed by this.

Keith

---

From: grenville armitage <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 17:32:49 -0800

> of compromise regarding meeting arrangements.

At least in regards to meeting sites, we've got rough consensus and
'running code'. What should amaze even more is competent engineers
who appear to believe meeting site assignment isn't already a function
of compromise.

cheers,
gja