Subject: article on present Bluetooth interoperability issues..

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 08:06:39 -0800

..and an example of the tension between the "necessity of getting it out in 
the market" and "getting it 'fully baked'".

Bluetooth Devices Unable to Communicate with Each Other: 
Solution Unlikely to Appear Within 2001 
http://www.nikkeibp.asiabiztech.com/wcs/frm/leaf?CID=onair/asabt/fw/125958

JeffH
------
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 21:18:56 -0500
To: [email-masked]
From: David Farber <[email-masked]>
Subject: IP: Blowing the future or where were their minds

One wonders where the common sense was when they did this. Yes they will 
fix it in 2002 etc but till then people will be very disappointed with such 
non compatability. Where is low pwoer 802.11b when we need it. djf

BLUETOOTH DEVICES UNABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER: SOLUTION
UNLIKELY TO APPEAR WITHIN 2001

Manufacturers of electronic devices have been unveiling new
Bluetooth-equipped products since late last year. Much is expected of
Bluetooth, a wireless interface that allows electronic devices such as
mobile phones and PCs to communicate with each other over short distances.
<http://www.nikkeibp.asiabiztech.com/wcs/frm/leaf?CID=onair/asabt/fw/125958>

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/
------