Subject: RE: presentation-prep as safety hazard

From: "Maddux, Michel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 11:59:39 -0600

>>the problem is that, as far as the public knows, all "evidence" about
>>computers interfering with aircraft systems is anecdotal. we have yet to
see
>.a study reported.

In fact, studies of crashes and "incidents" have been linked to early
wireless phones, attempting to
use modems, early laptops, and other devices.  

The evidence is not entirely anecdotal. /m.

---

From: "Marshall T. Rose" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:25:57 -0800

in that case, provide the citation. every time i ask, the response is
silence...

/mtr

----- Original Message -----
From: "Maddux, Michel" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Marshall T. Rose'" <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; "John Stracke"
<[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2001 09:59
Subject: RE: presentation-prep as safety hazard

---

From: Ken Hornstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 13:49:07 -0500

>in that case, provide the citation. every time i ask, the response is

Just to weight in Marshall ... the only detailed examination of the
whole thing _I_ ever saw said that there was an amazing lack of hard
evidence.  Boeing engineers even when so far as to purchase a laptop
from someone that was claimed to have caused problems on one flight,
used the same plane, _sat in the same spot_, and they couldn't reproduce
the reported problems.

--Ken