Subject: Mailing list software

From: "Henning G. Schulzrinne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 10:17:28 -0500

We're running a number of IETF mailing lists on our server here at
Columbia. Some of the lists have gotten a bit larger and more popular
than we anticipated; sendmail is groaning. Any suggestions for alternate
delivery software (for Solaris and/or Linux)? (Since this is somewhat
off-topic, please send me responses privately and I'll summarize if
there's interest.)
-- 
Henning Schulzrinne   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 07:56:22 -0800

my impression is that postfix can run up to an order of magnitude greater 
message loads than regular sendmail.

d/

>off-topic, please send me responses privately and I'll summarize if

----------
Dave Crocker   <mailto:[email-masked]>
Brandenburg InternetWorking   <http://www.brandenburg.com>
tel: +1.408.246.8253;   fax: +1.408.273.6464

---

From: "Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:33:02 +0700

"Henning G. Schulzrinne" wrote:

> delivery software (for Solaris and/or Linux)? 

Anything less than 5000 subscribers can be happily handled
by qmail http://www.qmail.org . Perhaps more is OK too.

But, you might want to consider commercial softwares like
HighPlanet, Postfix/Software.com, or the commercial version
of Sendmail.

regards,

-- 
Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim - VLSM-TJT - http://rms46.vlsm.org
- Blowfish, n (coup d'poisson) --- a secure blow job -----