Subject: Personal notes from the Minneapolis meeting

From: Jacob Palme <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 19:24:38 +0200

My personal notes from the IETF meeting in Minneapolis
last week can be found at

http://dsv.su.se/jpalme/ietf/ietf-mar-01-notes.html
-- 
Jacob Palme <[email-masked]> (Stockholm University and KTH)
for more info see URL: http://www.dsv.su.se/jpalme/

---

From: "Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:02:20 +0700

> http://dsv.su.se/jpalme/ietf/ietf-mar-01-notes.html

Here are some highlights (since some of the nroff systems 
are not "html ready" :^)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Content Distribution:
    One speaker complained bitterly: There are several patents, 
    suing each other, and making work complex for IETF standards 
    work. The patent system is screwed up. People unreasonably get
    patents for well-known ideas and methods. Lawyers have
    unreasonable concepts of what is novel and patentable, causing
    much problems and stopping technical development and
    standards work.

(notes from Professor Jacob Palme, 
 Stockholm University and KTH Technical University
 http://dsv.su.se/jpalme/ietf/ietf-mar-01-notes.html per March 2001)