Subject: Re: draft-many-gmpls-architecture-00.txt

From: Bob Braden <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 20:10:45 GMT

*> 26 authors indeed, you forgot one :-)
  *> 
  *> It simply shows the interest of the community for that work !
  *> 
  *> Rgds,
  *> 
  *> Eric (the mad-editor-trying-to-synchronize-everything :-)
  *> 

Based on that criterion, we can expect that some future RFCs will
have hundreds of authors? Maybe we should include as authors everyone
on the relevant working group mailing list?  One would have to
presume they are all interested.

I agree with Noel's implication: are the Internet Drafts and RFCs
becoming a vanity press?

Bob Braden

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 15:15:12 -0500

> presume they are all interested.

RFC1341 (the first MIME RFC) listed everybody on the mailing lists
in the 'acknowledgments' section, but only Borenstein and Freed as
authors.  Perhaps that needs to be considered again.

				Valdis Kletnieks
				Operating Systems Analyst
				Virginia Tech