Subject: OAM - Operation, Administration, and Maintenance

From: [email-masked] (Dan Kolis)
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 08:05:46 -0400

Hello, See:
"Operation, Administration, and Maintenance"

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/atm/c8540/12_1/peregrin/sw_c
onfg/op_maint.htm#30838

Good luck. If you didn't get a good overview it will be a crapshoot to write
a program to do it. 

Hmmm, hope the above helps.

Let me guess, its a directive from "Marketing"....

----------------------------------
>Hi,
>I am to design the performance managment and fault managment for an ethernet
>gigabit switch. Please can anyone of you share any documents which you are
>aware of may help me. I have absolutely no idea as to what OAM is and till
>now i have only worked on routing. What exactly is OAM and any links anybody
>is aware of ??
>
>Thanks and Regards,
>Mary Sheldon
>
>