Subject: Re: MPLS,IETF, etc..

From: Bob Braden <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 13:15:50 -0700 (PDT)

Noel,

Your definition of "simplicity" -- the number of hardware gates
required -- seems overly narrow.

Bob Braden

---

From: grenville armitage <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 14:21:59 -0700

I would concur with Noel's analysis that simplicity of forwarding
hardware was an early motivator for MPLS in the eyes of some.
True, such a metric for simplicity misses a whole lot of additional
complexity. And thus MPLS has reached its destiny as the Massive
Protocol Layering Standard.

cheers,
gja

-- 
____________________________________________________________________
Grenville Armitage                http://members.home.net/garmitage/