Subject: Re: "World war 3"

From: "Don McMorris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 18:15:38 -0400

I am from NY state [northern].  I did not lose any people to this disaster,
but a co-worker of my mother may have lost a brother.  My prayers to those
who have lost people, and to the US economy [and to stockholders].

----- Original Message -----
To: "Don McMorris" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 1:51 PM
Subject: Re: "World war 3"

Don,

How close are you to what's happening?  The thoughts and prayers of us at
Vanderbilt in Nashville, TN are with you guys.

"Don McMorris" <[email-masked]> on 09/11/2001 12:22:54 PM

To:   <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
cc:

Subject:  "World war 3"

Hello everybody. I am contacting you to make  sure you know of a problem
currently going on. If you do not know of the  current problem, please
turn your TV onto a news channel.

Some here  believe this is WWIII. We, at Warez2k Networks and Software
Inc.   will be going soon if this continues.

T1 lines are shutting down,  other providers are shutting down, schools are
closing, flights are  cancelling. This is an economical federal emergency.

Thank  you for taking notice.

---

From: Mark Durham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 15:51:35 -0700

Yes, let's be sure to keep the stockholders uppermost in our prayers.

---

From: "Andrew J. Shore" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 00:49:57 +0100

>Yes, let's be sure to keep the stockholders uppermost in our prayers.

    Not uppermost, more like "third in line". Certainly, the world
economy *is* worth a moment or two of prayer, if you like the prosperity
we've taken for granted. Whether to worry more about present and very
real suffering, or concentrate on future problems, is something
individuals have to decide for themselves.

    I'm not sure what any of this has to do with the IETF, but I am sure
everyone feels sorrow for the victims of the attack, and anger towards
the bastards who did it. We've always dimly understood that an attack
like this was possible; we always dismissed it as unlikely. If this can
happen, world war three can happen.

Andrew.

---

From: Sandy Wills <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 20:05:56 -0400

> > who have lost people, and to the US economy [and to stockholders].

   The "stockholders" of the United States of America are it's citizens,
plus those people who came here to build the American Dream for
themselves and their children.  Yes, it WAS the "stockholders" belief
and confidence in their "company" which were attacked today.

   America is a society of givers, who go out of their way to help those
in need.  I just started a new job today, and probably won't make it to
work tomorrow morning because the organization I volunteer with, the
Civil Air Patrol, has been called up to support the FAA in securing all
civil and general airports in the whole USA, and I'll be at one of
Jacksonville, Florida's local airports all night, warning Joe
Igottaflynow that if he takes off, I'm calling the Sheriff, and they
will immediately call the Air Force.  Just go home, and go flying next
week, okay?  I probably won't get any sleep tonight, but I'm better off
than the passengers in those four flights, or the workers in those
buildings, or their families, so I'm not gonna snivel too much.....

What was your IETF question, again?

-- 
: Unable to locate coffee.  Operator halted.

---

From: Ivy Cabeza <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 09:17:24 +0800 (PHT)

True enough.  This event has lead people into thinking of another world
war.  One way or the other, we are all affected by this tradegy. We
never thought this event is possible.  Still we should stay calm and hope 
that those in power can resolve this immediately. 

Our condolences.

Ivy, Philippines

---

From: Hakikur Rahman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 09:51:22 +0600

Our prayer are with you on this dreadful incidence. Hope your safe recovery.

Hakik.

>Thank  you for taking notice.

Hakikur Rahman, PhD.
Project Coordinator
SDNP Bangladesh.

---

From: "TRAICOVN (NW)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 03:30:40 -0400 (EDT)

forget stock holders.

It's going to be un-nerving when the market opens up. People were already
jumping to sell over the last couple of days. This event is going to make
people worry about their stocks and the economy, If too many people sell,
It will hurt America hard.

____________________________________________________________________________
 * TRAICOVN  ----------------------------------- http://www.traicovn.com *
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Tom Madsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 10:57:17 +0200

All i feel is a deep and intense sorrow, for what humans are villing to do
to other humnas in the name of faith...

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Hakikur Rahman [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sendt: 12. september 2001 05:51
Til: Don McMorris; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Emne: Re: "World war 3"

Hakik.

Hakikur Rahman, PhD.
Project Coordinator
SDNP Bangladesh.