Subject: SDL Demo and ITU CD Q&A

From: "Ostap Monkewich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 11:18:46 -0500

<<SDL Demo Announcement.doc>> 

At IETF-52 in Salt Lake City, you will find in your registration kit a CD,
courtesy of ITU. The CD was prepared by Study Group 17 which is responsible
for standardizing formal languages for telecommunication systems. This CD
focuses on the Specification and Description Language (SDL) and includes, 1)
SDL animated tutorial, 2) SDL standards viewer, 3) ITU standards for SDL,
MSC and ASN.1, 4) URL to all ITU language standards; they can be downloaded
free of charge, 5) sample models in SDL, including OSPF/LSA refreshment
model and INAP CS-1/CS-2 protocol specifications. The CD also includes a
covering letter from ITU, an overview of ITU languages, a PDF reader and
other material.

Complementary to this, I have scheduled two "SDL Demo and ITU CD Q&A"
sessions on Tuesday and Thursday during IETF-52. The sessions will be held
12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m. in the Hermitage/8 Room (3rd floor) of the Grand
America Hotel. The full venue details are attached. The demo will show how
to create a simple SDL model, simulate its behavior, generate code from SDL
and integrate it with a simple hand-written program to run on the Windows
platform.

Hope to see you there,

Os Monkewich

---

From: Ken Raeburn <[email-masked]>
Date: 09 Dec 2001 18:09:14 -0500

> courtesy of ITU....

The people at the registration desk say these CDs have not arrived,
but we'll be notified when they do.  So don't be surprised if you
don't find a CD in your kit...

Ken