Subject: FW: [IT-PACNET] speaker for ICT events

From: Franck Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 12:41:42 +1200

Talofa, Bula, Aloha, ...

Please read the call for speakers to the Pacific Islands Telecommunication
Ministers meeting and the Regional workshop on sector governance and
regulation. The Telecommunication Ministers meeting event is of high
importance for the development of Internet in the Pacific Region and we are
looking for speakers.

Please submit a short summary of your proposed presentation to Robert Guild
([email-masked]) as well as a short biography.

There are no registration fees to both meetings, but speakers must organise
travel and accomodation.

In the Pacific Island ICT meeting in August 2001 in Noumea, we invited Tony
Hill from ISOC-AU (www.isoc.org) to present Internet and policy development
to the representatives of more than 20 Pacific Island countries. The
presentation was a real success (cf press release on ISOC web site).
 
Please forward this call for speakers to interested parties.

Franck Martin
Network and Database Development Officer
SOPAC South Pacific Applied Geoscience Commission
Fiji
E-mail: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
Web site: http://www.sopac.org/
<http://www.sopac.org/> Support FMaps: http://fmaps.sourceforge.net/
<http://fmaps.sourceforge.net/> 

This e-mail is intended for its addresses only. Do not forward this e-mail
without approval. The views expressed in this e-mail may not be necessarily
the views of SOPAC.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Guild [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, 13 December 2001 11:43 
To: IT-PACNET (E-mail); Shiu Raj; Alex Nicolson
Subject: [IT-PACNET] speaker for ICT events

I am looking for a couple of keynote speakers for events early next year in
Fiji:

1) Regional workshop on sector governance and regulation - someone who can
speak from a business and investment perspective about the need for, and
impacts of, better communications 

2) Regional workshop on sector governance and regulation - someone who can
deliver a successful case study of competition in ICT - either ISPs or fixed
line vs cellular providers

3) Forum Communications Policy Meetings - someone who can speak about the
development impacts, particularly but not exclusively in rural and poor
areas, of better communications 

4) Forum Communications Policy Meetings - someone who can deliver a
successful case study of development in the ICT sector that stemmed from
changes to national policy

The first event will be in late February and the second event in either
April or June.  I have no budget for the first one and a small budget for
the second. 

Your suggestions most welcome - thanks

Dr Robert L. Guild
Economic Infrastructure Adviser
Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat
Private Mail Bag, Suva, FIJI
Office: +679 312 600  Direct: 220 212   Fax: 300 192
Internet: http://www.forumsec.org.fj/