Subject: ITU CDs are on the way

From: "Ostap Monkewich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 10:28:32 -0500

The ITU CDs were temporarily held up in Paris due to a transport strike
there. As the result, they were not included in your registration kit. They
are now in the US and should be available later today (Monday) at the
registration desk. Please check at the registration desk to pick up your
free CD.

As I stated in my previous message (please see below), I will hold two "SDL
Demo and ITU CD Q&A" sessions, one on Tuesday and another on Thursday during
the IETF-52 meeting this week. The sessions will be held 12:00 noon to 1:00
p.m. in the Hermitage/8 Room (3rd floor) of the Grand America Hotel. Please
note that this is not to sell any Nortel Networks product or any other
product. This is to share with you what has been experienced in ITU as a
useful tool in speeding up agreement on new concepts and reducing the number
of errors in the standard.

My apology for having attached a Word document in my previous message.
Ironically, it contained no additional information to what was already in
the message.

Os Monkewich

-----------------------------copy of previous
message------------------------------------
At IETF-52 in Salt Lake City, you will find in your registration kit a CD,
courtesy of ITU. The CD was prepared by Study Group 17 which is responsible
for standardizing formal languages for telecommunication systems. This CD
focuses on the Specification and Description Language (SDL) and includes, 1)
SDL animated tutorial, 2) SDL standards viewer, 3) ITU standards for SDL,
MSC and ASN.1, 4) URL to all ITU language standards; they can be downloaded
free of charge, 5) sample models in SDL, including OSPF/LSA refreshment
model and INAP CS-1/CS-2 protocol specifications. The CD also includes a
covering letter from ITU, an overview of ITU languages, a PDF reader and
other material.
Complementary to this, I have scheduled two "SDL Demo and ITU CD Q&A"
sessions on Tuesday and Thursday during IETF-52. The sessions will be held
12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m. in the Hermitage/8 Room (3rd floor) of the Grand
America Hotel. The full venue details are attached. The demo will show how
to create a simple SDL model, simulate its behavior, generate code from SDL
and integrate it with a simple hand-written program to run on the Windows
platform.
Hope to see you there, 
Os Monkewich 
------------------------------------------------