Subject: RE: Blue Sheet Etiquette

From: "Book, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:41:35 -0500

This email is reaching you, Greg, and I didn't attend the meeting........
It is a dangerous world out there, what with all the unsolicited meeting
invitations via email, planes flying into buildings resulting in thousands
being killed, offers via email to purchase services, bombs exploding in or
near buildings resulting in thousands being killed, emails soliciting
advice,collaboration or friendship, and missiles and bullets being launched
and shot at people resulting in thousands being killed.
Makes you wonder why you want to live in this world, doesn't it???

-----Original Message-----
From: Gregory Neil Shapiro [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 1:35 AM
To: Doug Royer
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Blue Sheet Etiquette

Doug> Or do you think that spammers attend the IETF meeting just to get
Doug> email addresses?

I can guarantee that they do.  I use +detail addresses on the blue sheets
and I have on frequent occasions received spam to those addresses --
specifically, recruiters and pay-your-own-way conference invites.

---

From: Mark Durham <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:30:34 -0800

If I follow your line of, um, reasoning, any problem short of catastrophe is
undeserving of our attention and anyone who takes such problems seriously (spam
included) deserves ridicule.

Admittedly, adopting this premise would save the IETF a lot of work.... ;)