Subject: social event registration

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 17:05:32 -0700

The final registration page,
    https://register.novell.com/reg/register3.cfm

  uses JavaScript in the submit button for no discernable reason.

]       ON HUMILITY: to err is human. To moo, bovine.           |  firewalls  [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |net architect[
] [email-masked] http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
] panic("Just another NetBSD/notebook using, kernel hacking, security guy");  [

---

From: Michael StJohns <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 20:33:24 -0800

Or for that matter, how many of you read closely enough to realize that 
Novell was collecting your information for direct marketing unless you a) 
read the small print and b) checked the "opt out" box?

Later, Mike

---

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 08:12:19 -0800 (PST)

mozilla .96 linux reports the follwoing:

Error Occurred While Processing Request

Error Diagnostic Information

An error occurred while evaluating the expression:

form.typeofpay eq 60 AND url.submit eq 0

Error near line 17, column 27.

Error resolving parameter FORM.TYPEOFPAY

The specified form field cannot be found. This problem is very likely due 
to the fact that you have misspelled the form field name.

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier 
of (CFIF), occupying document position (17:1) to (17:47) in the template 
file /var/www/sites/cns/reg/register3.cfm.

Date/Time: Sun Dec 9 09:06:08 2001
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 Galeon/1.0 (Linux i686; U;) Gecko/20011120
Remote Address: 12.131.200.30

Please inform the site administrator that this error has occurred (be sure 
to include the contents of this page in your message to the 
administrator).

 On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Michael 

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Joel Jaeggli	      Academic User Services   [email-masked]    
--    PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E      --
The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in 
the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, 
selfappointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of
tyranny. - James Madison, Federalist Papers 47 -  Feb 1, 1788

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 10:18:26 -0700

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael StJohns <[email-masked]> writes:
    Michael> Or for that matter, how many of you read closely enough to realize that 
    Michael> Novell was collecting your information for direct marketing unless you a) 
    Michael> read the small print and b) checked the "opt out" box?

  That's one the advantages of using a text browser - all print is the same
size :-)