Subject: ACTION REQUESTED: Call for nominations for IAB/IESG (2nd request)

From: "Theodore Ts'o" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 22:04:14 +0100

The 2001-2002 Nominations Committee is now
soliciting nominations for the open
slots on the IESG and IAB. 

Please take the time, even if it is
only a few moments, to send us your
thoughts. 

Members of the community are encouraged to 
nominate candidates for any of the positions 
which are up for re-filling: 

IESG Terms ending in March, 2002: 

Ned Freed               Applications
Erik Nordmark           Internet
Bert Wijnen             Operations and Management
Rob Coltun              Routing
Marcus Leech            Security
Allison Mankin          Transport
April Marine            User Services Area *

        Note: The IESG has determined that User Services will
              become a WG under the General Area, so there is no
              need to replace April's slot.

IAB Terms ending in March, 2002: 

Brian Carpenter
Steve Bellovin
Jon Crowcroft
Leslie Daigle
John Klensin
Henning Schulzrinne

Members of the community are encouraged to contact the nomcom to
nominate someone for any of these positions, to provide input relating
to potential candidates, or to provide comments regarding the past
performance of incumbents, which will be considered during the
deliberations of the nominating committee.

Comments sent to the nominations committee will be kept in
confidence. As noted in RFC 2727 "all deliberations and supporting
information that relates to specific nominees, candidates, and
confirmed candidates are confidential."

Self-nominations are accepted. The deadline for nominations is
midnight Monday, December 17, 2000.  Early input is desirable so that
candidates may be interviewed during the Salt Lake City IETF meeting.

The members of the NomCom can be contacted individually at the
addresses below or collectively at [email-masked].  Additionally, the
members of the NomCom will be identified at the IETF by a marker (as
yet undetermined) on their name tags.  People are encouraged to take
advantage of the opportunity to talk to the members of the NomCom
about nominations and other issues related to the IAB and IESG
membership.

The 2001-2002 Nominations Committee

Danny McPherson <[email-masked]>
Hal Sandick <[email-masked]>
Eric Gray <[email-masked]>
Matt Holdrege <[email-masked]>
Russ White <[email-masked]>
Ron Bonica <[email-masked]>
Mehmet Ersue <[email-masked]>
Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>

Non-voting members:

Theodore Ts'o <[email-masked]> (nomcom chair)
Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]> (previous nomcom chair)
Fred Baker <[email-masked]> (IAB liasion)
Thomas Narten <[email-masked]> (IESG liaison)

The role of non-voting members (from RFC 2727)

The nominations committee comprises at least a non-voting Chair, 10
voting volunteers, and 3 non-voting liaisons.  The sitting IAB and
IESG members each appoint a non-voting liaison to the nominating
committee from their current membership who are not sitting in an open
position.  The Chair of the prior year's nominating committee also
serves as a non-voting liaison.

						- Ted