Subject: Multicast sessions in RealPlayer and Quicktime

From: Rob Lanphier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 21:14:35 -0800

Hi all,

If you have RealOne Player or Quicktime installed, and want to view the
multicast sessions at IETF 52, go to the following page:

http://www.rtsp.org/2001/ietf52/

Note that older versions of RealPlayer won't play the MPEG version; you'll
need RealOne Player for that.

Also note that if you're on Linux, and you've previously had problems with
receiving multicast sessions using RealPlayer or the RealOne Player alpha,
you may want to upgrade to the RealOne player alpha version that we just
released today...there's been substantial multicast bugs that have been
fixed in this version.

Finally, based on comments received last meeting, I should make it clear
that RealNetworks doesn't get the credit for providing the streams or doing
any transcoding or anything...that's being done by the usual IETF multicast
team using Cisco IP/TV (for H.261) and NCast (for MPEG).  All I've done is
put up a web page with properly formed SDP files, which I hope will be on
the official IETF multicast page next time.

Rob