Subject: RE: APEX

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 16:41:11 -0700

Dave,

Could you share what motivated the choice of the word "datagram" for
APEX? What puzzles me is that APEX rides on top of TCP, a
connection-oriented protocol. APEX might be stateless, but if it rides
on top of TCP how could you call it connectionless (which would be why
one uses the word "datagram") ?

Thanks
Michel.

---

From: "Bill Cunningham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 23:44:14 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
To: "Dave Crocker" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Bill Cunningham" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 7:41 PM
Subject: RE: APEX

> one uses the word "datagram") ?

Sounds like it should ride on a faster UDP connection,
if CRC and error checking isn't necessary, but that's probably why he chose
TCP, a secure transfer.