Subject: Re: ICANN, .org & " a total lack of technical due diligence"

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 18:28:47 -0700

At 02:33 PM 8/30/2002 -0400, Gordon Cook wrote:
>ICANN's YOUR organization Vint.

is there any chance that you could take this discussion of an organization 
that the IETF doesn't report to, answers questions for (as it does for 
anyone else) when asked, and tries very hard to otherwise say nothing in 
particular about, to some list that has something to do with said other 
organization?

sheesh...

---

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 01:13:55 -0500

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Fred Baker" <[email-masked]>
To: "Gordon Cook" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 8:28 PM
Subject: Re: ICANN, .org & " a total lack of technical due diligence"

> particular about, to some list that has something to do with said other 
http://www.isoc.org/
a.. New! ICANN staff preliminary recommendation: ISOC to manage .ORG. This preliminary report follows an extensive bidding and
evaluation process.
....
a.. Cisco Fellow Fred Baker to Chair ISOC's Board of Trustees
====================================================================

Who owns IN-ADDR.ORG ?

What plans are there for 128-bit DNS services for .ORG owners ?

Does the ISOC have a license for 128-bit DNS technology ?

Will .ORG be used to test the new 128-bit DNS alias mapping features with .ORGY ?

How many servers are planned in each of the 32-bit DNS .ORG Mirrored Registries ?
...when will those servers be available and how do you plan to test soft-failover arrangements ?
...will there be a .ORG test laboratory with TWO complete collections of servers to model what
is out in the field....BEFORE....going live ?

Jim Fleming
2002:[IPv4]:000X:03DB:...IPv8 is closer than you think...
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
0:190     ORG [ORGY]