Subject: Re: Last Call: IPv4 Address Conflict Detection to Proposed Standard

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 08:37:18 -0400

I have reviewed <draft-cheshire-ipv4-acd-02.txt> and recommend that it be 
accepted as a Proposed Standard.

This document provides explicit specification for behavior required of DHCP 
clients but that is not described in RFC2131.  The DHC WG will site this 
specification in future work on the DHCP specification.

One minor editorial comment: the details of an "ARP probe" are given in 
both the third paragraph of section 1.1 and the second paragraph of section 
2.1.  I suggest the text that refers to ARP cache pollution be moved from 
section 2.1 to section 1.1, and then that remaining text describing an ARP 
probe in section 2.1 be replaced by a reference to section 1.1.

- Ralph

At 05:37 PM 9/5/2002 -0400, The IESG wrote:

>The IESG has received a request to consider IPv4 Address Conflict
>Detection <draft-cheshire-ipv4-acd-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard.
>This has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF
>Working Group.
>
>The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
>final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
>[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2002-10-3.
>
>Files can be obtained via
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cheshire-ipv4-acd-02.txt