Subject: RE: Introducing the ID tracker

From: "Dan Kohn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 13:03:25 -0800

Until they add this functionality, you might try
<http://changedetection.com/detect.html>.  No, I'm not affiliated in any
way.

          - dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:[email-masked]>
<http://www.dankohn.com/>  <tel:+1-650-327-2600>  

  Randomly generated quote:
When cryptography is outlawed, bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir cevinpl!  - John
Perry Barlow

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Elz [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 02:38
To: Harald Tveit Alvestrand
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Introducing the ID tracker 

    Date:        Mon, 04 Nov 2002 16:44:11 -0500
    From:        Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
    Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>

  | For the last year or so, the secretariat has been working on a tool
to help 
  | us keep track of what documents are on our plate, what state they
are in 
  | and who is responsible for them; we call it the "ID tracker".

  | The tool and its documentation is found at
  | 
  | https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi

This looks fairly nice.   I'd like to see a bit more informative
information
in the "details" but this stuff is much better than existed before.

(Meaningless query: Is there a reason for https:// when nothing there
looks
to actually be secured?)

And a request - could the system be extended, sometime, so that it could
send e-mail to the working group, where there is one, or the (first)
author
in other cases, when a doc changes state?

That would avoid the need for continually polling the web page every day
to find out if anything has happened.

kre

-
This message was passed through [email-masked],
which
is a sublist of [email-masked]. Not all messages are passed.
Decisions on what to pass are made solely by Raffaele D'Albenzio.

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 13:25:14 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Dan Kohn wrote:

> <http://changedetection.com/detect.html>.

...at which point you'll probably get an email every time
changedetection polls the headers of the cgi state machine - presuming
that https is supported.

As well as this statemachine, I'd like to see a directory hierarchy of
rendered-out-by-wg or by-draft pages generated from a nightly cron job
-- in text, natch.

L.

> This message was passed through [email-masked], which

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/><[email-masked]>