Subject: the 'hallway' jabber group chat

From: "Michael Mealling" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 14:18:16 -0500

Just on a lark I tried creating a new chatgroup on
conference.ietf.jabber.com called 'hallway' and apparently it worked. It
seems that if we're going to create an chat equivalent of the working group
meetings that we should extend the metaphor to include the other aspects of
the week that facilitate the process....

Right now I'm the only one in the 'hallway'. ;-)

-MM

---

From: YangWoo Ko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 00:49:41 +0900

Is there any way to find list and short desciption of all chatgroups ?
If so, it will be easier to announce and find chatgroups.

-- 
/*------------------------------------------------
  Ko, YangWoo / a human / [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------*/

---

From: Marshall Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 15:24:22 -0500

> If so, it will be easier to announce and find chatgroups.

hi. many, though not all, clients, have a "jabber browser" function that lets
you type in a server name (e.g., "conference.ietf.jabber.com") and it will give
you a drop-down of the rooms there. i've noticed somewhat spotty coverage in the
client-side implementation though...

in general though, just use the secretariat acronym, e.g., "saag". there is also
"plenary" and "hallway".

/mtr

---

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:03:03 -0500

Are there any plans to keep the conferences (and logger) past the IETF 
meeting?  I was thinking about interim wg meetings and such.

-andy

---

From: Marshall Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 13:55:14 -0800

> meeting?  I was thinking about interim wg meetings and such.

good question. i'll look into it.

/mtr

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 23:48:25 +0100 (MET)

IETF members,

Thank you all for your hospitality and consideration for my particularly
bohemian lifestyle during the 55th ietf, and especially for those of you i had
the opportunity to meet and interact with... Russ, 
Hue, TJ, the IETF secretariat staff and everyone else.  It was a unique
experience for me, to say the least:)  I look forward to working with you all in
the future.  
Scott

-- 
Revolt now.

+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more  http://www.gmx.net +++
NEU: Mit GMX ins Internet. Rund um die Uhr für 1 ct/ Min. surfen!