Subject: FW: Discussion group for Service Centric Management

From: Sharon Barkai <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 14:28:22 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: Sharon Barkai 
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 11:27 AM
To: [email-masked]'; [email-masked]';
[email-masked]'
Subject: Discussion group for Service Centric Management

Looking to survey interest in standardization participation
of the SCMP protocol. In essence SCMP is an end-to-end horizontal 
protocol aimed to support the mapping of connectivity services to
network technologies.

Most customer packets will cross 3-5 networks and 9-15 protocols before
reaching the target ISP/VPN. The SCMP framework aims to discover, allocate,
and monitor the network resources involved, in the context of end-to-end
services. SCMP aims to map services to very-large and very dynamic networks.

SCMP as an extra network based functional tier significantly simplifies the 
mapping of work-flow applications to infrastructure. Applications such as
Fault 
Management, Inventory Management, and Order Management are better integrated
to the network as a result. SCMP standard based distribution will help in 
deploying interoperable and inter-carrier service management.

An overview description of SCMP can be found in:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-barkai-scmp-00.txt

Parties interested in the subject are welcome to join:
[email-masked] (subscribe at [email-masked])

Kind Regards,
Sharon Barkai