Subject: RE: RFC authoring tools

From: "Dan Kohn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 11:07:20 -0800

Are you in luck.  Marshall Rose has provided us with a lovely little
tool called xml2rfc, which also supports output to HTML.

http://xml.resource.org/

          - dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:[email-masked]>
<http://www.dankohn.com/>  <tel:+1-650-327-2600>  

  Randomly generated quote:
As the British Constitution is the most subtle organism which has
proceeded from the womb and long gestation of progressive history, so
the American Constitution is, so far as I can see, the most wonderful
work ever struck off at a given time by the brain and purpose of man.  -
W.E. Gladstone

-----Original Message-----
From: Florian Weimer [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2003 07:11
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RFC authoring tools

Are there any tools which can produce documents in standard RFC format
from high-level markup?

These feature are required:

 - source format is human-readable ASCII (with embedded markup)
 - high-level, non-visual markup
 - libre conversion software to RFC format
 - automatic generation of cross references, bibliographical
   information, and table of contents

Wishlist items are:

 - conversion to nice-looking PDF 
 - conversion to HTML
 - conditional inclusion of pieces, depending on the output format
   (ASCII art for text version, bitmap for HTML etc.)

Whether the tool is based on SGML, XML, (La)TeX or *roff doesn't
really matter to me.

_______________________________________________
This message was passed through [email-masked],
which is a sublist of [email-masked]. Not all messages are passed.
Decisions on what to pass are made solely by Raffaele D'Albenzio.