Subject: Re: E-mail Caught by Spam Filter Re: [Fwd: Emerging Network Usage

From: Richard Welty <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 13:58:44 -0400 (EDT)

[email-masked] wrote about a spam filter having issues; the actual
text from the spam filter bounce is:

>This is due to your e-mail servers IP being listed on one or more of the
>internet based Spam filter lists below.  Please notify your IT Dept or
>your ISP and make sure they are aware of the issue.

>Multihop.dsbl.org
>Relays.ordb.org
>Relays.osirsoft.com
>Lists.dsbl.org

it is my understanding that the osirusoft zones are badly hosed, or at
least, were badly hosed some time over the past several days.

in other words, it's probably poor handling of a failure condition rather
than a true blacklist entry.

richard
-- 
Richard Welty                                         [email-masked]
Averill Park Networking                                         518-573-7592
    Java, PHP, PostgreSQL, Unix, Linux, IP Network Engineering, Security