Subject: RE: Rf Id tag protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:45:18 +0100

Besides what Bill Manning said about reviewing
what's been done in the auto-id center (now closed), 
there are a number of research projects/initiatives 
around the world (e.g., Japan's ubiquitous id center at 
uidcenter.org). For a list of some related resources, 
see:

http://www.itu.int/osg/spu/newslog/stories/2003/06/06/ubiquitousNetworksReso
urces.html

There's plenty of debate about whether the public 
Internet is an appropriate platform, e.g., see
http://tronweb.super-nova.co.jp/autoidvubiqid.html

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: escom [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 20 November 2003 13:18
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Rf Id tag protocol

The purpose of the protocol is to manage over the internet the information
stored in a RF-ID tag. More in detail the idea is to develop a crittography
system and a certification authority.

To encrypt the data stored into the tag will be necessary to prevent frauds
on the tagged products.

The purpose of the protocol is to manage over the internet the information
stored in a RF-ID tag. More in detail the idea is to develop a crittography
system and a certification authority.

giuseppe canale

---

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:52:38 -0500

>http://tronweb.super-nova.co.jp/autoidvubiqid.html

Bob is right about the auto-id center being closed it has been reshaped 
into the new

http://www.epcglobalinc.org/

http://www.epcglobalinc.org/standards_technology/specifications.html

The current focus is on the case-carton-pallet market and not the consumer 
product itself where there are significant privacy issues at this time.

EPCglobal is focusing on the standards though I suspect there are aspects 
of the protocols being discussed that should come to the IETF or IEEE for 
proper peer review and/or standardization. There is an extensive discussion 
of the use of the DNS and NAPTR RR's in the ONS specification.

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or <mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

---

From: Michael Mealling <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Nov 2003 11:22:14 -0500

> of the use of the DNS and NAPTR RR's in the ONS specification.

Being involved in those I can attest to the fact that no one is
developing new protocols where they're not needed. So in effect the
protocols being used have already been peer reviewed since those
protocols were actually developed by other standards bodies....

-MM