Subject: Plans for IETF - 60

From: Brett Thorson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:41:58 -0500

I am hoping to get this done in time for IETF 59, but with current workload 
here at the IETF, I am going to aim for 60.

1) Make a form used for meetings where people can submit wireless reports.  
Require certain data be submitted (Location, computer, NIC, user)

2) Make a form where people can submit end of meeting wireless opinions.  One 
opinion to an attendee.

3) Write up a new terminal room / IETF MeetNet document.

When I am ready to accept public input & review regarding these documents, I 
will post a message.

Thanks.

--Brett

---

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:35:33 -0800

>here at the IETF, I am going to aim for 60.

Something else to add to the list: make software available for 
popular OS's that help the NOC team document the problems. For 
example, it would be grand if I could tell you which MAC just 
hijacked my network connection and turned it into a peer-to-peer 
connection. The software should be available for Win2K and later, as 
well as OS X. I suspect that the software is already available for 
Linux and BSD; all you need is instructions on which commands to use 
to get the data that is valuable to the NOC.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium

---

From: Simon Leinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 00:46:51 +0100

Another suggestion (maybe this could even be done for IETF59):

4) Publish a list of known "official" IETF base station MAC addresses,
   so that if/when we experience connectivity problems, we can do a
   quick check whether we're associated to a rogue base station.

By the way, thanks a lot for your hard work at the meeting! While
there were some problems, the network was still very useful most of
the time.  Quite an achievement, given that the network is easily
DoSed from infected machine inside and outside the meeting, as well as
from those more and more popular OSes that make laptops play APs.  It
would be very interesting to see the impact of these two factors on
connectivity at the meeting.
-- 
Simon.