Subject: practical subnet sizes smaller than /26, /27, ...

From: John Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:14:10 -0500

I'm looking for research / surveys on how enterprises and service providers 
really use subnetting within their networks. In particular, I'm interested 
in the size of subnets that people are regularly using and I'm interested 
in both public and private addressed networks (which I'm assuming, perhaps 
incorrectly, to be different).  Note that I'm not looking for best practice 
or what's possible - I'm interested in what people actually do.

Any pointers appreciated. Please respond to me directly - if people are 
interested, I'll summarize any answers I get and repost to the list. Also, 
if you think there is a more appropriate place for this question, please 
let me know.

Thanks,
John

-----------------------------------------------------------
Network Appliance Inc.                 Tel: +1 347 613 2259
230 Park Avenue, Suite 834       Voicemail: +1 408 822 8606
New York, NY 10169
USA
-----------------------------------------------------------