Subject: Re: Propose some information retrieval protocols for Internet

From: "wang liang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 18:07:00 +0800

Happy new year!

You could find more information about our project in
http://202.114.9.200/English/main.htm
More content will be translated in these days.

> Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I've been busy and haven't
> been able to work with these yet, but will aim to do so later on this
> week. I look forward to e-mailing you then.
>

---

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 12:04:50 +0100

> http://202.114.9.200/English/main.htm

Hm, it won't open for me.

I've looked over your other documents and it seems you mainly focus on 
organization in general and organization by domain in particular. I 
don't really have an opinion on whether that's a good approach, but I'm 
more interested in something else: I'd like to see more semantic 
information in search engines. Eventually, this would allow queries 
like "which actors played in movies after books written by authors born 
in Chili in 1961?"

While the current approach of doing plain text searches in lots of text 
very fast is certainly useful, it's not exactly the most advanced way 
to arrive at the intended result.

---

From: Scott W Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:47:11 -0500

> like "which actors played in movies after books written by authors born 

Is SCORM useful to you?  http://www.adlnet.org