Subject: U.S. Anti-spam Bill and the IETF

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:53:03 -0500

This is from the ASRG list, it seems that the new U.S. Federal anti-spam 
bill mentions IETF explicitly.

Yakov

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - Legal - Subject labelling (?)
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:22:51 +0000
From: Jon Kyme <[email-masked]>
To: ASRG <[email-masked]>

CANSPAM
"The Commission shall transmit to the Senate Committee on Commerce,
Science, and Transportation and the House of Representatives Committee on
Energy and Commerce--a report, within 18 months after the date of enactment
of this Act, that sets forth a plan for requiring commercial electronic
mail to be identifiable from its subject line, by means of compliance with
Internet Engineering Task Force Standards, the use of the characters `ADV'
in the subject line, or other comparable identifier, or an explanation of
any concerns the Commission has that cause the Commission to recommend
against the plan."

--

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

-------
Yakov Shafranovich / PGP Key: 0x10D051E6 / www.shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / www.solidmatrix.com
"Fight spam, but keep it in perspective" (Brad Templeton)
-------