Subject: Re: Re[6]: IPv6 addressing limitations (was "national security")

From: Johnny Eriksson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 13:02:15 WET

"Anthony G. Atkielski" <[email-masked]>:

> [email-masked] writes:
> 
> > If you know of a better way than BGP, feel free to suggest it ...
> 
> I've described variable-length addresses in the past.  Essentially a
> system like that of the telephone network, with addresses that can be
> extended as required at either end.  Such addressing allows unlimited ad
> hoc extensibility at any time without upsetting any routing already in
> place.

You can start designing the ASICs now.  It won't be easy.

--Johnny

---

From: "Anthony G. Atkielski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 14:08:26 +0100

> You can start designing the ASICs now.  It won't be easy.

It worked with Strowger switches and crossbar mechanical exchanges; why
would it be more difficult with ASICs?