Subject: Re: [Asrg] 0. General - Revocation of Posting Privileges for Hector Santos

From: "Hector Santos" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 06:01:58 -0500

First, I hope I am reaching the right people.

This is regards to the public ASRG posting:

https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/asrg/current/msg08843.html

So much with the spirit of the internet.    I didn't receive fair warning as
Yakov said it himself, "my mail was being rejected by your system."    In
addition, if one was to follow all conversations,  it is obvious I was
reacting more than flaming.  I was the one were being flamed and attacked,
yet, there is no warnings issues to those individuals.

This action by the ASRG chairs is demeaning and has hurt my defamed and
reputation with the public disclosure of this ban.  This public posting was
not necessary and I will be speaking to legal counsel about this matter as
soon as possible.  Any damaging effect on us as a result of this public post
will be directly attributed to Yahov Shafranovich, Solid Matrix Technologies
Inc,  John Levine and the IETG.

With that said,  pursuant to the process detailed in RFC-2026 section 6.5,
I appeal the IETF and IAB, the ASRG chair(s) decision: "Revocation of
posting privileges for Hector Santos"  for the following reasons:

a) From the onset,  specific members antagonistic nature towards my mail
posting was very apparent.      If you follow all my messages,  I had
refrained from being combative and tried my upmost to keep a professional
level of input.   Whether my Hispanic surname has anything do with it, I
don't know.  But its been a constant antagonistic reaction from the very
first time I posted mail.

b) It is my nature to follow all rules of a system,  so if I was given a
warning I would have made sure I was in compliance.  I did not receive any
warning.

c) I never receive any negative indication or warning that I was "promoting"
our CBV system.  My only goal here was to show a real life operation and
behavior, something that is lacking in the research efforts.  I was beyond
the theory of ideas or proposals. I wanted to implement them.  I wanted to
put these ideas to a real test.  I saw nothing wrong with this and I
attempted to provide feedback whether I thought would help others.

d) The moderator of ASRG had ask me for input by providing 2 weeks of real
production statistics.  This indicates interest in the behavior of the CBV
system.   Whether that gave me the wrong idea, I don't know, but it did show
some interest.   Ironically,  no reaction or message came of it when I did
post my initial post 2 week report.

e) The moderator of ASRG was kept in the loop for the last 2-3 weeks during
the test.  I never received any indication that he did not wish to receive
this information, and in fact, he some cases, he responded to some of the
reports.  If he did not believe in the CBV or did not private gamma testing
reports, it would of been prudent of him to inform me.  He did not provide
any indication he was not interested in the testing results.

In summary,  I don't think I was treated fairly. There was immediate
antagonistic behavior towards me from the beginning, months before the CBV
system was introduced. There were individuals who initiated attacks and
flames towards me, in fact, one, a message from Phillip Miller acknowledged
and apologized "I should have not said certain things."    Yet,  I never saw
any warning issues toward them and I never received any warning indicating
my mail would be censored or blocked.  Finally, I don't believe I was acting
in any way harmful to the ASRG and certainly no more or no less than other
postings found in the forum.    Because of this, I believe there was
discriminatory overtone that was probably due to my Hispanic surname.  I
don't wish to go there, but I have seen it before and I don't wish to
believe that was the case here.  But it was too attacks were too immediate
to ignore it could not be a reason.

So I am asking the Area Director and IAB to help resolve this dispute.  I
have no interest in debates and arguments and from my standpoint will
promise from refrain from other individuals wish to continue to attack or
flame me.  If such behavior from others continue, it is incumbent on the
moderator of the group to control this situation equally across the board
for all participants involved and to provide amply direct warnings before
any action of this nature is taken.

In short, I was not given fair and ample warning and it is certainly not
fair for the Moderator to revoke my priverledges without being able to
contact me first and then issue a public defaming reputation demaging
message.

I seek resoluton with the following actions taken:

1)  At a minimum,  immediate removal of the public demeaning and reputation
damaging posted message announcing the revocation of posting privileges in
the public ASRG archive.   If you going to censor or block my messages, that
should include the public defamation as well by the ASRG and responsible
parties.

2) Re-establishing posting privileges with the understanding I will be
making sure to comply and follow all ASRG guidelines, and in addition
publically refrain from getting involved in antigonistic attacks or flames.

Sincerely,

Hector Santos, CTO
Santronics Software, Inc.
http://www.santronics.com
305-431-2846 Cell
305-248-3204 Office

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Yakov Shafranovich" <[email-masked]>
To: "Hector Santos" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "John R Levine" <[email-masked]>; "ASRG" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2003 3:16 AM
Subject: [Asrg] 0. General - Revocation of Posting Privileges for Hector
Santos

> Hector,
>
> As per section 5.3 of RFC 2014, the chairs have made a decision to
> revoke your posting privileges to the ASRG discussion list. This
> decision was made because you have continued to ignore the scope of the
> ASRG list and posting guidelines, continued to promote your CBV system,
> and personally attacked other list members.
>
> As has been the case before with Mark McCarron
>
(https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/asrg/current/msg06363.htm
l),
>   if you can stay in scope, and stop flaming, we may conditionally allow
> you to have posting privileges again.
>
> Information about managing your subscription to the list, may be found
here:
>
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg
>
> Sincerely,
> Yakov Shafranovich
> Co-Chair, ASRG
>
> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: Wasted time?
> Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 12:40:14 -0500
> From: Hector Santos <[email-masked]>
> Organization: Santronics Software, Inc
> To: Anti-Spam <[email-masked]>, Yakov Shafranovich
<[email-masked]>
>
>
> I don't wish to be wasting time providing any feedback or information or
> comments if I am going to censored.  I posted mail that never was
> distributed.
>
> Please let me know if I am allowed to post in the group. It is a simple
> Yes or No answer. If no, simply remove me from the list and don't send
> me any list mail.
>
> ...
>
>
> -------
> Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
> SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
> "All that is gold does not glitter" (LOTR)
> -------
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Asrg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg
>

---

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:26:30 -0500

This is an IRTF matter, and is to be taken up with the IRTF chair 
<[email-masked]>, not the IETF or the IAB.

Yakov

-------
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
"But in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and 
taxes" (Benjamin Franklin)
-------