Subject: Re: Death of the Internet - details at 11

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:49:07 -0500 (EST)

> From: "Tony Hain" <[email-masked]>

    > Like it or not, the IETF must stop wasting time and effort building new
    > structures on a crumbling framework. 

I agree completely.

Now, can we all agree that almost 10 years after it was formally adopted by
the IETF, IPv6 is has clearly not succeeded in becoming the ubiquitous
replacement for IPv4, and needs to be moved to "Historic", so we can turn our
energy and attention to things that *will* succeed?

	Noel

---

From: Michael Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 09:01:37 -0800 (PST)

> energy and attention to things that *will* succeed?

What leads you to believe that an alternate
solution set isn't the empty set? Isn't entropy
the easiest and most likely outcome?

	    Mike