Subject: Has anybody heard back from the Hotel in Seoul?

From: "David R. Oran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 14:52:34 -0500

I sent in my reservation request the day after registration opened and I 
have heard nothing back at all.

Have others similarly gotten no response, or is it likely my room request 
got dropped and I need to retransmit?

(Probably better to reply to me rather than the list unless people suspect 
we have a generic problem).

Dave Oran

------------------------
David R. Oran
Cisco Systems
7 Ladyslipper Lane
Acton, MA 01720
Office: +1 978 264 2048
VoIP: +1 408 571 4576
Email: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 15:15:25 -0500 (EST)

I have not heard

----

---

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 14:39:20 -0600

On 1/5/04 at 2:52 PM -0500, David R. Oran wrote:

>Have others similarly gotten no response, or is it likely my room 
>request got dropped and I need to retransmit?

I got no response (other than an initial e-mail telling me I filled 
out part of the form incorrectly, which I answered by e-mail). After 
hearing nothing, I called them and got a confirmation number. Perhaps 
it is a NACK rather than an ACK protocol?

pr
-- 
Pete Resnick <http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
QUALCOMM Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102

---

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 13:04:11 -0800

At 2:39 PM -0600 1/5/04, Pete Resnick wrote:
>hearing nothing, I called them and got a confirmation number. 
>Perhaps it is a NACK rather than an ACK protocol?

Not to worry everyone, but I got an ACK via FAX a few days after I 
faxed them my reservation.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium

---

From: David Oran <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 16:21:10 -0500

OK, I resent the email and will also fax again. I'll report back in a few 
dayts either way. Thanks to all who responded.

--On Monday, January 5, 2004 4:12 PM -0500 "Andrew G. Malis" 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> I both faxed and emailed the form and received a fax confirmation several
> days later.  I don't know which one did the trick.  I suspect the fax,
> since I was faxed a reply.
>
> Cheers,
> Andy
>
> -----------
>
> At 1/5/2004 02:52 PM -0500, David R. Oran wrote:
>> (Probably better to reply to me rather than the list unless people
>> suspect  we have a generic problem).
>>
>> Dave Oran
>

---

From: Stig Venaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 21:50:06 +0100

> I have not heard
[...]

I faxed the hotel day after registration opened, and got a fax back
at about the 26th I think, I need to go to office to check details.

One interesting thing though, is that I also got someone elses
confirmation faxed to me!

The person I got confirmation for had first name Stuart I remember.
So those called Stuart missing a confirmation, may want to contact
me. I don't remember the last name, but can check in office tomorrow.

Stig

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 16:12:31 -0500

Cheers,
Andy

-----------

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 11:26:58 +0900

Hi,

Just as another check point.  I sent mine in by email.  And on not 
receiving a confirmation by email, even after a second request, I 
decided to call them and confirm.  They had indeed received it and were 
able to give me the confirmation number over the phone.  Now, since I 
currently live in Korea, this was a relatively local phone call, so I 
am not necessarily recommending that everyone call them.  But this is 
an indicator that they are processing the email reservations.

a.

---

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 15:32:32 -0500

At 09:26 PM 1/6/2004, [email-masked] wrote:

>receiving a confirmation by email, even after a second request, I decided 
>to call them and confirm.  They had indeed received it and were able to 
>give me the confirmation number over the phone.  Now, since I currently 
>live in Korea, this was a relatively local phone call, so I am not 
>necessarily recommending that everyone call them.  But this is an 
>indicator that they are processing the email reservations.

I processed by fax and got a prompt response....

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or <mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<