Subject: visa requirements (US citizens)

From: Steve Bellovin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:31:50 -0500

I was advised by our corporate travel consultants that I should get a
visa.  Given the current international climate -- there was an article
in last Thursday's Wall Street Journal about how other countries
are retaliating for the current U.S. fingerprinting and visa application
requirements -- this may be a prudent course of action.

---

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:07:27 -0800

>requirements -- this may be a prudent course of action.

The Korean embassy page that is linked to from the IETF meetings page 
(<http://www.koreaembassy.org/visiting/eng_visas.cfm>) makes it 
pretty darn clear that US folks should get a visa. They do have a 
link from that page saying how wonderful US-Korea relations are, of 
course.

Showing up in the airport without a visa and saying "but someone at 
one of your consulates told me I didn't need one" may go over as well 
in other countries as it does in the US...

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium