Subject: Re: Death of the Internet - details at 11

From: [email-masked] (Dan Kolis)
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:06:04 -0500

>Yup, it needs a killer app or feature. Bigger address space was that
>feature, but one made moot by NATs.

VoIP and multimedia via SIP without having a resident network engineer in
your attic. 
Enough said?

Dan

---

From: "Eric A. Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:18:26 -0600

> VoIP and multimedia via SIP without having a resident network engineer in

"in your attic" implies end-user benefit. As I said, I think the hurdles
are in the carrier and equipment space, not the end-user benefits.

Keep in mind that "larger address space" was beneficial towards ISPs, and
not just end-users.

-- 
Eric A. Hall                                        http://www.ehsco.com/
Internet Core Protocols          http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/coreprot/