Subject: RE: Propose some information retrieval protocols for Internet

From: "Ayyasamy, Senthilkumar \(UMKC-Student\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 23:59:31 -0600

> But the main disadvantage of these systems lie that its knowledge database
> is too small and can only answer few questions. Internet may be the biggest
> knowledge database, so we proposed the DRIS, which will act as the 
> knowledge source of such personal intelligent systems.
 
without looking into DRIS...
 
Knowledge base for the whole Internet? The Internet based information 
is so dynamic (see the use SRV and dynamic DNS.) IMO, the hierarchy and 
zone delegation nature of DNS is a scalable one. It is hard to populate
the knowledge base for the whole Internet. I know Dave clark et all has
recently proposed a overlay knowledge plane architecture which use 
sensors and actuators to feed knowledge (but, it is for network 
management purpose.)

In any case, you should take this issue to the right forum. SIREN RG? 
 
> At all, we need an answer, but not piles of jumbled hyperlinks.
 
you should provide us with a link(http://202.114.9.200/English/main.htm)
that works.

---

From: "wang liang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 22:54:31 +0800

Please,please learn some basic knowledge about search engine.
Now we are discussing the search engine, one of most important services of
Internet.

Asking  for advices is first step, then a work group may be proposed.  So
don't  worry about where we discuss this issue.

---

From: "wang liang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 12:25:58 +0800

The link is moved to http://www.lib.hust.edu.cn/dl-lib/English/main.htm
More content will be translated.