Subject: Re: Propose some information retrieval protocols for Internet

From: "wang liang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 15:54:16 +0800

> Your original post presents several arguments against the current crop of
> search engines and proposes a new distributed search engine system, but
this
> is an _indexing_ function, not a _retrieval_ function.

DRIS's a real search engine.

  Although we say DRIS just builds the information retrieval infrastructure
for Internet, it provides two kinds of search interface, user interface like
Google’s service and API for other intelligent search system. Do you fell
very satisfied with the search results of current search engines? It's just
the crude results. So we say DRIS is information retrieval infrastructure.

> The architecture of DRIS is organization level-sub country Internet
> level-country level-whole Internet level.
> Can you demonstrate why country-level databases are a technical advantage,
> other than providing certain governments the ability to restrict the
> information their citizens can access?

In fact, if governments want to block out a web site, there are many other
efficient methods. They needn't restrict it in information retrieval stage.
On the other hand,applying DRIS,every one will have his own search engine ,
so some restriction could be set in children's search engine.