Subject: xml2rfc and new RFC3667 requirements

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:34:43 +0100

I guess many people will use these tools already, but I thought I'd
just post that the excellent xml2rfc tool now supports the RFC3667
requirements as per ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt

See http://xml.resource.org/, v1.24.

You just need to select the full3667 ipr option, e.g.

<rfc ipr="full3667" category="...

in your XML, where you probably had "full2026" beforehand.

In other words, you must upgrade your xml2rfc before the I-D cutoff rush
next week :)

Tim

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Jeroen Massar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 17:15:59 +0200

> In other words, you must upgrade your xml2rfc before the I-D cutoff rush

They are already complaining about that since monday with a 'read that
url about the new guidelines', while they might just mention that you
could turn the ipr option on to the new RFC. You can actually just set
the ipr option to 999999 and xml2rfc will be compliant for ever as it
just checks if it is lower than a certain version when including some
text.

Quite odd actually, one can't send internet-drafts@ pgp-signed email
because their pegasus mua's can't read it but they do dare to complain
about some legal crap in a technical document. Submitting .xml's is not
an option either apparently, which I would think would be much easier
for them to be checked "ah they have ipr= wrong". xml2rfc could/should
warn about this btw, but then again how many times does this change.

Greets,
 Jeroen

PS: For debian users, it is not in there (yet)....