Subject: RE: Email account utilization warning.

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 08:10:57 -0700

> Tim Chown
> Oh, you can filter out any sender easily enough. The snag
> is you see all the replies people send to their mailings :(

Indeed.

Michel.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 13:56:50 -0400

> > is you see all the replies people send to their mailings :(

Procmail filtering on 'From:|To:|cc:' is easy enough.  There's probably
a way to get Procmail to snarf up the Message-Id: header for the sender's
posting, and then look for that msgid in any References: or In-Reply-To:
headers ('formail -D 16384 that_persons_postings' will get a cache
going, but matching any header other than another Message-Id: is interesting.. ;)

The Gnus mail/news reader has adaptive thread scoring - so you can drop "User X
and any followups/replies" into non-visibility...
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 07:30:30 +0100

> going, but matching any header other than another Message-Id: is interesting.. ;)

I use procmail, but have a headache working out how to use the Message-ID
to filter out a thread started by someone in my kill list.   Using all
receipt headers is dangerous because if one of the loons joins a good
discussion the procmail may essentially DoS it for me.   I just want to lose
any posting and any thread started by anyone in my kill list.   At the
momnet I just have the former.

tim