Subject: Lloyd-Jones's First Law of Organizations. Was: Internet-Draft cutoffs

From: "David Lloyd-Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 22:18:54 -0400

>From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
>   I wonder if it wouldn't just be simpler to have the WG chair
>submit the -00 document themselves, as a placeholder for the actual
>document. This can be done as soon as the WG believes that the should
>exist.
>   That gets rid of the back-and-forth between chair, author and 
>secretariat.

Michael,

I remind you of the First Law, which states that if an organization is more 
concerned about structure or procedure than about the actual work to be 
done, that organization is on its way to its doom.

Your message is clearly on the septic side of this Law.

(Please note that I am amused by the fact that in criticising your stupiid 
message in this way I am also engaging in a discussion of structure or 
procedure. My saving grace is that I am both amused and mildly ashamed.)

                                Best,

                                       -dlj.

_________________________________________________________________
Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen 
Technology. 
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines 
  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the 
first two months FREE*.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf