Subject: Re: Call for Consensus: IETF Administrative Restructuring

From: [email-masked] (scott bradner)
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:41:17 -0400 (EDT)

> For the documents that are to become RFCs, I most heartily agree.
> Keeping the community informed of what we are doing in detail is slightly 
> different - this is not developing a document, it's keeping our notebook in 
> a public place.

I agree with Harald that keeping the notebook in a public place is
a good idea but I happen to agree with Brian that the "right place"
(IETF process wise) is IDs - for two reasons
        1/ it follows our written process (which does not limit
           IDs to RFC precursors)
        2/ like it or not, there are easy to find archives of IDs and
           that is where people look for IETF history

Scott

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "John Loughney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:27:47 +0300

I agree with Scott.

John

________________ Original message ________________
Subject:	Re: Call for Consensus: IETF Administrative Restructuring
Author:	"(scott bradner)" <[email-masked]>
Date:		28th October 2004 9:41:17  AM

           that is where people look for IETF 
history

Scott

Ietf mailing 
list