Subject: IESG/IAB next documents on administrative restructuring

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:02:24 +0200

Hello,

People from the IESG and IAB have created 3 internet-drafts to follow up on 
the administrative restructuring process:

- draft-iab-iesg-adminrest-rec-00
- draft-wasserman-iasa-bcp-00
- draft-wasserman-adminrest-plan-00

These are intended as the basis for the next phase of discussion in the 
IETF; they hit the I-D directories this Thursday.

To keep track of the various documents in the IETF administrative 
restructuring process, and to give ourselves a site where we can keep 
documents that need to be changed more quickly than is natural for the I-D 
submission process, we have started creating a web site to keep track of 
the documents of this activtity.

It also makes it possible to read these documents in HTML format.

At the moment, the site URL is:

<http://psg.com/~mrw/Scenario-O>

Please check it out!

                Harald, for the IESG and IAB

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:17:35 +0200

A note on these documents:

The publication process took a few days.
In the meantime, members of the IESG and IAB, who read the documents last 
week, have suggested to the authors several points at which these documents 
could be improved.
This includes:

- Doing more to clarify the roles of the various parties in the iasa-bcp 
document, such as specifying more of what it means that the IETF 
Administrative Director is an ISOC employee who works under the supervision 
of the IAOC

- Changing some of the proposed transition plan, by making the interim body 
that oversees the transition be an interim body rather than a proto-IAOC; 
this will, among other things, make sure that we're not committing to 
finding someone willing to work for 3 years in 3 weeks.

We will try to get draft updates reflecting those changes out before the 
I-D update deadline; of course, this should be regarded as "input for 
discussion" - it's perfectly appropriate for the community to argue in 
favour of (or against) either the -00 or the -01 version of the plan!

                          Harald

--On fredag, oktober 22, 2004 09:02:24 +0200 Harald Tveit Alvestrand 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> People from the IESG and IAB have created 3 internet-drafts to follow up
> on the administrative restructuring process:
>
> documents that need to be changed more quickly than is natural for the
> I-D submission process, we have started creating a web site to keep track
> of the documents of this activtity.
>