Subject: re: Call for Consensus: IETF Administrative Restructuring

From: [email-masked] (scott bradner)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:42:18 -0400 (EDT)

> If you disagree with our determination of IETF consensus, or if you have any
> other comments on this consensus call or on the document describing the
> recommendation, please send them to the IETF mailing list ([email-masked]) by
> Monday, November 8, 2004.

I trust its also OK to say that I agree

Scott

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 21:52:12 -0700

I seem to have missed the consensus agreement somewhere along the line, 
could someone please state what the statement is that we are suppose to 
be consenting to before I agree or disagree.  As it stands now, as one 
of the silent members, I disagree.

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:33:03 +0200

--On tirsdag, oktober 26, 2004 21:52:12 -0700 Lee <[email-masked]> 
wrote:

> be consenting to before I agree or disagree.  As it stands now, as one of
> the silent members, I disagree.

To quote from the message:

We believe that the IETF community opinion has converged on a rough 
consensus to restructure our administrative support activity as described 
in this recommendation ("Scenario O").

The document describing the recommendation is:

  draft-iab-iesg-adminrest-rec-00.txt

I've been burned a little too many times by trying to summarize a document 
and have people argue with my summarization rather than what is in the 
document.... so I will just recommend that you read the document, and then 
answer based on that - whether you agree that we should follow this 
recommendation, or whether you disagree that we should follow this 
recommendation.

                      Harald

---

From: Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:36:47 -0700

Thank you Harald, with the messages flashing across my desk these days 
that I wasn't consenting to four more years of George "Wrongway" Bush.

Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

>
>
> --On tirsdag, oktober 26, 2004 21:52:12 -0700 Lee 
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> consensus to restructure our administrative support activity as 
> described in this recommendation ("Scenario O").
>
> I've been burned a little too many times by trying to summarize a 
> document and have people argue with my summarization rather than what 
> is in the document.... so I will just recommend that you read the 
> document, and then answer based on that - whether you agree that we 
> should follow this recommendation, or whether you disagree that we 
> should follow this recommendation.
>
>                      Harald
>